Random talking head says something about the Bills

Simon

1 hour ago, BigDingus said:

Nick Wright wants him to go to the Jets though. If McDermott gets fired, would you guys be open to this?

As HC, YES. as GM and HC, no. 

But as long as Allen is still our QB.

You asked "if", but depending on how this season goes, I may even advocate firing McD at end of season if BB is still available and interested to be our HC. 

Put emotions aside and have a singular focus on The Goal,  folks. 

If we come up short again....why not?

I like McD, but we have certainly underachieved up until now.  If we have another divisional round exit or worse, I think most would agree we can't waste more of JA's prime.

I would be thrilled if we hired Belichick if that was the case.  He's a terrible GM - but the best coach of all time.  Who says no to that?  

I'm pulling for McD to come through, but if we underachieve again, this would have to be on the table (imo).

I remember when, pre Tom Brady, Bill Belichick was a laughing matter.  He had worn out his welcome in Cleveland after having benched Bernie K for Testaverde.  Then there was my summer of glee -- I think that it was either 1999 or 2000, a handful of years after I moved to Boston for a tech job -- where he had ideations of starting Michael Bishop at QB.  And that was after he wrote his resignation to the Jets on a cocktail napkin, before holding a terse presser.  I thought that I could further watch this loathsome figure destroy the Pats, but no.  But freaking no.  Tom freaking Brady.

(I don't have a calendar in front of me, so maybe it was 2000.  It is all a blur for me sometimes.)

He proceeded to go sub-.500 in his first year as HC of the Pats.

Then, ugh.  Just, ugh.  Tom freaking Brady.

Everything after that was classic BB, and look at the results (gleeful).

What I'm getting at is that it seems over for BB, as well it should.  While I would like the Bills to move on from McD, at the same time I'd be non-plussed if BB is his replacement.

You guys are all missing the biggest part of this.

We would have our own Brady & Belichick, plus with the talent that is Josh Allen.

After getting our hearts smashed thru those Patriot years. Doesnt it just make sense that Brady & Belichick could be what finally pushes us over the top?

Its like the God's have a sense of humor

Get er done Beane!

2 hours ago, LabattBlue said:

McD is not getting fired. Not this year, next year or any years in the near future.

If we miss the playoffs at all during Allen’s prime, we have to clean house

• Eyeroll 2
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

2 hours ago, BigDingus said:

Not a video headline I expected to see... but hey, he's always loved Josh Allen 😅

The rumor is more focused on Dallas, but for some reason the Bills came up as the next best option for him.

1) Revenge on Kraft

2) Having Josh Allen

3) Knowing how to beat Mahomes

Nick Wright wants him to go to the Jets though. If McDermott gets fired, would you guys be open to this?

NO - NO for the Bills!

2 hours ago, BigDingus said:

Not a video headline I expected to see... but hey, he's always loved Josh Allen 😅

The rumor is more focused on Dallas, but for some reason the Bills came up as the next best option for him.

1) Revenge on Kraft

2) Having Josh Allen

Would I be open to having the greatest coach of all time?

Yes.

1 hour ago, BigDingus said:

1) Revenge on Kraft

2) Having Josh Allen

The ESPN article I read said that Belichick was interested in the Cowboys, Eagles, and the Giants positions.  It said nothing about Buffalo.  Also I would argue that all 3 HC’s for those teams are in a “make or break” year.  There’s a good chance at least one is out of a job next year.

It’s going to take a lot to get McDermott fired.  Even if Buffalo finishes somewhere in the 6 or 7 win range( which I don’t think they will) there’s a built-in excuse this season with all the change and cap resetting.  

1 hour ago, Buffalo716 said:

Josh Allen would be the biggest fraud ever 

Literally since day one before he ever stepped onto an NFL field he said he wanted to play with one franchise forever ... Hid biggest thing is loyalty 

And talks about how much he loves Buffalo... The children's hospital is named in honor of his grandmother 

It's one thing if he leaves when he's 37... Leaving in his prime... He would have a smear campaign against him 

And they would probably drag up every single little incident that ever happened... And Josh certainly doesn't want to go through the ringer.. and they would drag him through it because they are so petty 

You're talking about the face of an entire city... Before Tom Brady the Patriots were not a proud franchise 

The Buffalo Bills on the other hand... And our fan base...

Pro sports are a business.   

If he turns into a Cam Newton-sized pumpkin in two years then the Bills won't be offering him another 5 year extension, will they?

So it's naive to not realize the real possibility that a star might decide to change teams to benefit his career.  

I'm not a McDermott hater but even I know a significant faction of Bills fans are certain that McDermott is wasting Josh Allen's career.

Don't be surprised if the Bills don't land a top WR in this draft if the national media Bills-talk shifts from Stefon Diggs drama to talking up the idea that Allen should leave Buffalo so he can have a perceived "fair fight" with Mahomes.    

Won't hurt the league's feelings any for Mahomes/Allen to turn into a SB matchup either.

He loves southern CA.   He'd be awesome for the Rams.    

The Niners are his boyhood team.  

McVay and Shanahan have been to 4 SB's and lost 3 because they were out-gunned at QB.    

Neither organization has any long term commitments at QB.   Don't think they haven't pondered the possibility of landing Josh Allen.    And the return for Buffalo would be a joke compared to the loss.

Makes way too much sense and in 2025 Josh Allen reaches that half-way point of his deal and has a $60M cap hit.   $25M of that is a roster bonus.   He has leverage to force his way out.   

• Like (+1) 1
  • Vomit 2
  • Eyeroll 1

8 minutes ago, BADOLBILZ said:

If he turns into a Cam Newton-sized pumpkin in two years then the Bills won't be offering him another 5 year extension, will they?

So it's naive to not realize the real possibility that a star might decide to change teams to benefit his career.  

I'm not a McDermott hater but even I know a significant faction of Bills fans are certain that McDermott is wasting Josh Allen's career.

Don't be surprised if the Bills don't land a top WR in this draft if the national media Bills-talk shifts from Stefon Diggs drama to talking up the idea that Allen should leave Buffalo so he can have a perceived "fair fight" with Mahomes.    

Won't hurt the league's feelings any for Mahomes/Allen to turn into a SB matchup either.

McVay and Shanahan have been to 4 SB's and lost 3 because they were out-gunned at QB.    

Neither organization has any long term commitments at QB.   Don't think they haven't pondered the possibility of landing Josh Allen.    And the return for Buffalo would be a joke compared to the loss.

Makes way too much sense and in 2025 Josh Allen reaches that half-way point of his deal and has a $60M cap hit.   $25M of that is a roster bonus.   He has leverage to force his way out.   

It would be the biggest gut punch for Bills fans to have the franchise QB demand a trade after the 2025 season because the QB didn't perceive the HC/GM provided the resources to win in 2024 and 2025.  Because by early 2026 the PSL's are sold, ticket prices raised, and the new stadium set to opening for the 2026 season.  I can't see, if Terry was faced with a Josh or McD decision, the HC not being sent packing.  

There's too much financially riding on Josh and McD ain't that great a coach.  You hope it never comes to that, particularly because McBeane know who is carrying them today and into the future. 

• Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

the only way I want him here is as the defensive coach... the guy still know how to stop people. we all know that not happening soooo ... nothing to see here

Edited by gordong

1 minute ago, BillsVet said:

It would be the biggest gut punch for Bills fans to have the franchise QB demand a trade after the 2025 season because the QB didn't perceive the HC/GM provided the resources to win in 2024 and 2025.  Because by early 2026 the PSL's are sold, ticket prices raised, and the new stadium set to opening for the 2026 season.  I can't see, if Terry was faced with a Josh or McD decision, the HC not being sent packing.  

There's too much financially riding on Josh and McD ain't that great a coach.  You hope it never comes to that, particularly because McBeane know who is carrying them today and into the future. 

Bills fans have come to see Josh as this morally infallible steward of the franchise.    

Yet, it's basically common knowledge at this point that Josh's personal life spilled over and lead to a home playoff game meltdown versus Cincinnati.    Wasting a 13-3 season.

He's just a man.   He's going to chase p*ssy, money, fame, success and quality of life in general.........and if playing for Buffalo can't provide enough of ALL of them then he will do what superstars do and go where he thinks he can get enough of all of them. 

The Bills have his heart now but they gotta' be sure not to f*ck it up.   Dudes are always evaluating the other side of the fence at his age.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

No NFL owner is hiring a 72-year old guy to a be the head coach of their franchise. The wildest scenario where BB would be hired would be a talent-rich team that was underperforming and that team made a moonshot coaching change during the season.

He should enjoy his good years of health and enjoy cashing those network checks.   I think he'll be a surprisingly good TV personality.     

4 hours ago, BADOLBILZ said:

That used to be the case.   I don't think it's that simple anymore.   

Beane is the de facto front man of the organization and has done an excellent job in that role. For Pegula that almost certainly matters, maybe more than anything else. McDermott on the other hand was recently the subject of national embarrassment. I also suspect Allen is much closer with Beane on a personal level than he is with McDermott. So yes I think if McDermott eventually gets fired Beane will hire his replacement.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Disagree 1
  • Agree 1

3 hours ago, Success said:

I think most would agree we can't waste more of JA's prime.

Wrong

McClappy has some seriously ardent fans here. He could miss the playoffs this year ( which he very well might) and you still hear,” Remember the drought.” And “ He’s a good coach who’s had bad luck.”  Or my fav , “ Pegs likes him too much.”

I however completely agree with your sentiment.

2 hours ago, JohnNord said:

The ESPN article I read said that Belichick was interested in the Cowboys, Eagles, and the Giants positions.  It said nothing about Buffalo.  Also I would argue that all 3 HC’s for those teams are in a “make or break” year.  There’s a good chance at least one is out of a job next year.

It’s going to take a lot to get McDermott fired.  Even if Buffalo finishes somewhere in the 6 or 7 win range( which I don’t think they will) there’s a built-in excuse this season with all the change and cap resetting.  

But….but….. It’s not a rebuild….. Shakir blah blah blah , mark my word……..We can win the SB……..

Built in excuse my arse! 

5 hours ago, BADOLBILZ said:

Bills fans have come to see Josh as this morally infallible steward of the franchise.    

Yet, it's basically common knowledge at this point that Josh's personal life spilled over and lead to a home playoff game meltdown versus Cincinnati.    Wasting a 13-3 season.

He's just a man.   He's going to chase p*ssy, money, fame, success and quality of life in general.........and if playing for Buffalo can't provide enough of ALL of them then he will do what superstars do and go where he thinks he can get enough of all of them. 

The Bills have his heart now but they gotta' be sure not to f*ck it up.   Dudes are always evaluating the other side of the fence at his age.

Josh Allens personal life is the reason a McD's defense could't stop a peewee team in the playoffs? Interesting.

• Like (+1) 2

10 hours ago, HansLanda said:

How on earth can those guys not be talking about basically anything else, esp with the draft next week? It's pure fantasy land. 

That's what 'news media' is.

I guess people still watch out of habit or whatever, I stopped watching any of it 4 years ago and have no regrets other than not stopping earlier.

9 hours ago, BADOLBILZ said:

Very sad but very true.

13 hours ago, BigDingus said:

1) Revenge on Kraft

2) Having Josh Allen

Get Bill to Buffalo and the Bills win the Superbowl book it! 

• Disagree 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

12 hours ago, Victory Formation said:

I hope not. McD and Beane are young and hungry. I don’t want a 72 year old coach, the drive just isn’t there. We could do a lot worse than McBeane, I mean a lot worse.

Alot worse is not hiring a true Superbowl caliber coach that's very very capable of matching wits with Andy Reid. Unlike Coach McKlein McClappy from the waterboy. 😂. Whenever he sees Andy Reid in the playoffs the man goes into a shell and is beaten before the game even starts. I don't care if Belichek is 72yrs old he coached a defense last season with a pair of scissors and a piece of paper . Other then Duggar most people can't even name 1 starter on that defense. Bill Belichek runs circles around Coach McKlein McClappy. 

The Bills with Josh Allen can make the divisional round without a head coach stop with the it can be worse antics it's a loser mentality. Unless you're happy with your wildcard victory championship every yr I don't know about u but I want more. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Disagree 1
  • Agree 2

sorry,  i dont trust Bill.  he was a-- as a head coach before Brady,  and hes been a-- since.   i truly wonder just how much of the cheating led to their dynasty.  Bill has always been a good D coordinator but he always seemed to know what the other team was doing.   the things the Pats got busted for doing over the years,  are most likely the tip of the iceberg.  there was so much smoke,  there had to be a fire.   Bill has also proven that he cant develop anything on the offensive side of the ball,  beyond 1 QB,  and thats with having full control as GM for all those years.   i doubt he comes to the Bills with zero GM power.   

btw,  the Pats also started to struggle as Brady got older,  and the Pats were clamped down upon by the NFL for their extracurricular activities.  then Brady leaves and immediately wins another ring.    i dont buy Bill.  i think the rest of the league doesnt buy him either anymore.

• Like (+1) 1

18 minutes ago, BIGFOOTspaceman said:

Nicks face cracks me up….sooooo serious and engaged in a completely made up scenario to fill up a slow news day. Gotta keep people watching I guess. 🤷‍♂️ 

As it pertains to the Bills it is pure fantasy land, but it is a very real possibility with Dallas. Jones was pissed after the Cowboys embarrassing playoff loss to GB 48-32. McCarthy is coaching the final year of his contract without an extension in place for 2025 and beyond. I just wonder if 2 guys who have huge egos like Jerry and Bill could get along. I could definitely see Bill Belichick as the Cowboys head coach in 2025 if things go south on their 2024 season.

15 hours ago, Victory Formation said:

I hope not. McD and Beane are young and hungry. I don’t want a 72 year old coach, the drive just isn’t there. We could do a lot worse than McBeane, I mean a lot worse.

What makes you think McD is hungry. Each season he seems to run out of gas, and almost surrender in the playoffs. It seems to me he is anxious to start the off-season. 

• Disagree 1
  • Haha (+1) 2