Training Camp opens today! 2023 Season is upon us!

Chandler#81

41 minutes ago, K-9 said:

Just wait until he and his dad harvest their almonds and pistachios and start selling Josh’s Nuts. 

I think Josh’s nuts were busy enough this off-season. 

• Haha (+1) 7
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, K-9 said:

I can see the tag line now:

Josh’s Nuts: Never Blue

Lol, I don't know how many or if anyone here has actually ever had the pleasure to experience "blue balls" in their life at one point or other.....

But I'd just assume to have a swift kick in the balls rather than go through that ***** again. The pain might end quicker

• Haha (+1) 2

LFGG!!!!

I swear boys, I feel in my gut, my bones, them Lombardis are coming starting this year. I never felt this way , including last year with all the hype. I just love this roster top to bottom and culture and feel we are the best. 

I just feel like our core guys are phenomenal 

8 minutes ago, Comebackkid said:

What exactly does this mean? 

I'm kinda guessing but I believe it allows us to bring guys into camp until they get off the pup list. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

8 hours ago, MJS said:

Oh no! Diggs isn't smiling in that picture!!

Just kidding, guys.

I was kind of hoping that Diggs wouldn't show up for the first day, only to see the volcanic melt down this board and every other Bills fan would have.

Only to have Diggs show up the next day.

• Haha (+1) 1

20 minutes ago, Buffalo_Stampede said:

It’s a normal thing at this time if they’re still rehabbing. If a player is still on PUP after the 53 is final then there’s concern.

Agreed.  I expected Von to start on PUP, but I thought Phillips was further along.  Hopefully just a precaution.  

Two comments and maybe it's the Four Roses bourbon talking...

1. Why does the sign to St. John's Fisher look like a tombstone? Curious decision.

2. What is the guy doing to the ball in the video? Scrubbing it? Tackifying it (likely not but I have no clue what else he could be doing)?

This feels like a special year for the Bills.

36 minutes ago, Nephilim17 said:

1. Why does the sign to St. John's Fisher look like a tombstone? Curious decision.

2. What is the guy doing to the ball in the video? Scrubbing it? Tackifying it (likely not but I have no clue what else he could be doing)?

The balls are scuffed because new ones have a sheen in them.

• Like (+1) 1

7 hours ago, Nephilim17 said:

Lol I kind of wondered the same thing

Kincaid is who I’ll be paying attention to. 

As a fully functioning TE, it’s tough to make a huge impact as a rookie, historically speaking. 

However, if Kincaid gets work mainly in the slot, while moving inside to chip/block and keep defenses honest, he could be as an impactful as many rookie WR’s as of late. 

It would be so huge to get a legit weapon in the middle of the field that allows Gabe Davis to play off him with Diggs as the 1. 

An improved OL with Diggs, Davis, Kincaid, Knox and Cook as the focal weapons would not only be massive for this year, but for the future nucleus of this team as we start transitioning into our next window with the current OL top 6 all locked down for multiple years with Morse being a year to year player imo.  

(I do think Davis will get extended) 

Oliver, Rousseau & Elam making the jump on defense would also, obviously, help immensely. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 4

12 hours ago, Comebackkid said:

What exactly does this mean? 

The physically unable to perform list, better known as PUP, is a designation for players who are physically unable to perform football services due to football-related injuries. These players can participate in team activities but are not allowed to practice.

Active/PUP list: Players are placed on this list during training camp and count toward a team's 90-man roster. Players can be removed from the list at any time during camp, but can't be placed back on the list. Players on this list as of final roster cutdowns must be placed on the Reserve/PUP, released, traded or counted against the 53-man roster.

Reserve/PUP list: Teams must decide by the 53-man roster cutdown deadline (Aug. 30 this season) whether to place a player on this list. Players placed on this list at that time must miss at least the team's first four games -- down from six in seasons prior to 2022. Unlike in the past, players can be activated immediately after such time has elapsed. Any player who is designated Reserve/PUP on or after rosters are reduced to 80 (Aug. 23 this season) will also be subject to the same four-game absence.

Players on the PUP list are paid their entire base salary. A player's contract will not be tolled (meaning the contract will not be suspended and resumed the following season) while on the PUP, unless he is in the last year of his deal and he is both not able to perform football services as of the sixth regular season game and is not activated during that regular season or postseason.

• Thank you (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.