Bills fans in Athens

Shaw66

10 minutes ago, Shaw66 said:

I broke out my blue Bills polo shirt to wear to the Acropolis today.  Through the mobs of people, an excited Buffalonian shouted, "GO BILLS!!!"  We're everywhere.

Hope you're having an amazing time in Greece.

I was down in Belize recently, at the southern tip of Mexico. 

I drove a golf cart 40 minutes down a potholed, crocodile surrounded dirt road to a place called Secret Beach. It felt like the edge of the earth. There was a bar there, though, called the Blue Bayou. I walked in to get a drink, and what greeted me, prominently displayed on the thatched wall? A custom made, full sized flag, with the Bills logo and the words "Blue Bayou BLZ. World's Biggest Bills Fan".

We are everywhere.

Edited by Logic
  • Like (+1) 4
  • Awesome! (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 1

21 minutes ago, Shaw66 said:

I broke out my blue Bills polo shirt to wear to the Acropolis today.  Through the mobs of people, an excited Buffalonian shouted, "GO BILLS!!!"  We're everywhere.

Are you going to Crete, Rhodes or Cyprus? I have been to Crete several times and Rhodes once on deployments back in the 2000s and both were amazing places. I would LOVE to get some fried goats cheese in Crete or the souvlaki pita in Rhodes again... highly recommend either

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1

10 minutes ago, teef said:

hey guys!  i'm in greece!

I grew up in Greece…, 

on Churchill Dr, north of English road 😁👍

• Haha (+1) 3

28 minutes ago, teef said:

hey guys!  i'm in greece!

Eww gross.  Watch our for the shifty orange people.  Last time I was up in Greece Ridge Mall area I was harshly confronted by a gang of track suit wearing Jersey Shore look alikes for the offense of simply asking directions to the nearest gabagool.  The kid with the blowout and wife beater informed me that I should not mess with him because his cousin Antony is a "friend of yous",  which I understood to mean he is connected with some sort of criminal organization, and he will come whack me off upside the labonza.  Understanding only about 5% of that exchange, I attempted to diffuse the situation by giving them all coupons for Spray Tan and complimenting their girlfriends mustaches and made my departure.  A charming Snooki looking gooma tried to throw her tampon at my car as I drove away to a more civilized part of town.  I returned home without gabagool and several coupons poorer.  

Edited by Jauronimo
  • Haha (+1) 5
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

16 minutes ago, Jauronimo said:

Eww gross.  Watch our for the shifty orange people.  Last time I was up in Greece Ridge Mall area I was harshly confronted by a gang of track suit wearing Jersey Shore look alikes for the offense of simply asking directions to the nearest gabagool.  The kid with the blowout and wife beater informed me that I should not mess with him because his cousin Antony is a "friend of yous",  which I understood to mean he is connected with some sort of criminal organization, and he will come whack me off upside the labonza.  Understanding only about 5% of that exchange, I attempted to diffuse the situation by giving them all coupons for Spray Tan and complimenting their girlfriends mustaches and made my departure.  A charming Snooki looking gooma tried to throw her tampon at my car as I drove away to a more civilized part of town.  I returned home without gabagool and several coupons poorer.  

Jauroinamo, you are usually a thoughtful insightful poster but this post is either way way over my head of you have entered bizzaro world.

In May I was in Germany for a couple weeks.  We were in Kiel, way up in the north on the Baltic Sea for a few days doing a boat ride.  Some kid on a cold, gray, windy day wandering around near the harbor area was wearing a Bills baseball cap.

I looked at him and said "Buffalo Bills!" with a thumbs up.  He smiled and gave me a thumb's up.

I really do think these fans are lurking everywhere.  God only knows why!  Well, at the moment, we do have a very exciting team, when we're really on.

Playoff Josh 2 year ago was devastating.

1 hour ago, Shaw66 said:

Yes, I am.  I thought about not posting, but I realized that a LAMP would be an upgrade for the forum these days.  

If you can't do a humble brag post when you are at the Acropolis in Greece, then when can you do it!!

This time of year is horrible.   No Bills news.  Just waiting for training camp to start, and hoping no one gets arrested for doing something stupid.   The measure of how bad it is is that people actually are reading this thread. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 3

5 hours ago, Shaw66 said:

Everywhere, indeed! We were in Italy in May and spent a day taking a boat to Capri with three other couples. Sure enough, the last guy to show up was wearing Bills gear! I instantly knew we’d get along just fine. 

2 hours ago, stuvian said:

was in Greece last fall. Best vacation ever. Have fun, Shaw!

We were supposed to go with friends next fall, but it just had to be the same week the wife does one of her biggest events of the year. We’ll keep trying to make that happen at some point. 

• Awesome! (+1) 2

5 hours ago, Logic said:

Hope you're having an amazing time in Greece.

I was down in Belize recently, at the southern tip of Mexico. 

I drove a golf cart 40 minutes down a potholed, crocodile surrounded dirt road to a place called Secret Beach. It felt like the edge of the earth. There was a bar there, though, called the Blue Bayou. I walked in to get a drink, and what greeted me, prominently displayed on the thatched wall? A custom made, full sized flag, with the Bills logo and the words "Blue Bayou BLZ. World's Biggest Bills Fan".

We are everywhere.

Grab a sup and a fly rod and chase the tailing permit and juvenile tarpon in that lagoon...

• Like (+1) 1

8 hours ago, Shaw66 said:

This time of year is horrible.   No Bills news.  Just waiting for training camp to start, and hoping no one gets arrested for doing something stupid.   The measure of how bad it is is that people actually are reading this thread. 

I resemble that remark!

9 hours ago, Shaw66 said:

To be fair you are baiting them with a Shaw thread

• Haha (+1) 1

14 hours ago, Augie said:

Everywhere, indeed! We were in Italy in May and spent a day taking a boat to Capri with three other couples. Sure enough, the last guy to show up was wearing Bills gear! I instantly knew we’d get along just fine. 

Joe Marino said he believes being a Buffalo Bills fan is a personality trait.  I concur.  I’ve never met a Buffalo Bills fan I didn’t like.  Bills fans I find to be genuine, salt of earth people.  No bull#### or pretentiousness 

and oh yeah- fiercely loyal and passionate!

Edited by Pete
  • Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

53 minutes ago, Pete said:

Joe Marino said he believes being a Buffalo Bills fan is a personality trait.  I concur.  I’ve never met a Buffalo Bills fan I didn’t like.  Bills fans I find to be genuine, salt of earth people.  No bull#### or pretentiousness 

and oh yeah- fiercely loyal and passionate!

You've apparently never spent any time on Twitter :D

• Haha (+1) 1

21 hours ago, EasternOHBillsFan said:

Are you going to Crete, Rhodes or Cyprus? I have been to Crete several times and Rhodes once on deployments back in the 2000s and both were amazing places. I would LOVE to get some fried goats cheese in Crete or the souvlaki pita in Rhodes again... highly recommend either

I've been to Rhodes, and it's beautiful there. I agree with the souvlaki pita, but also their swarmas are the best I had.

• Awesome! (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.