Beasley claims Dak is "best leader he ever played with by far"...

Big Turk

1 hour ago, Heitz said:

That's just facts, Gug, not opinion. 🍞

And this is who *Beasley* thinks is a good leader?  Have y'all watched Beasley's actions?  He's the guy who's opinion on leadership we should care about?

Lastly, it's subjective.  For example, just because all of my many, many, high-paid employees think I'M the best leader they've ever had, not everyone might feel that way (though I find that extremely hard to believe since I'm spoken of well in all high-powered business meetings).:beer:

image.png.094c41bc7e30c0f4967901ef7c8046de.png

Edited by PBF81
  • Thank you (+1) 1

That's fine. 

From all reports and Allen himself, he acts like a big goofball most of the time. 

He said in Kyle Brandt's Basement that at Jordan Palmer's camp, Joe Burrow would be "all ball" and he'd (Allen) would be trying to make jokes all the time. 

So even Allen himself said that he is more into football than he ever has been before, so maybe he's changing on the front. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Big Turk said:

Which begs the question...what does he think Allen needs to do to reach that level or where is Allen lacking in comparison?  I don't think this is a dig at Allen at all, Beasley has said many times he thinks Allen can be the best QB in the league and has immense talent and ability.  

I'm super curious as to what he thinks Allen needs to get better at in this department because all you have heard is how amazing Allen is as a leader since pretty much day 1...

Well, he says right there in his tweet "Dak's huddle presence is something that can't be taught", so I guess there is nothing Allen could do to reach that level.

• Haha (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Big Turk said:

I don't think that's it.  He has regularly said he thinks Allen is the most talented QB he has ever played with and the sky is the limit for him, even after he left and before he came back last year.  

He never said Allen is a bad leader, he simply said Dak is the best leader...I am just interested in trying to find out the areas he thinks Allen needs to get better in to be considered in that category.

we differ in opinions on this one.. rare lol. I think Beas has always had an agenda when not playing or on free time. 

I think it's possible that Josh Allen just isn't that fully locked in, stone cold killer, look straight into your soul kind of leader that others might be, at least when it comes to his verbal and interpersonal interactions.

Just look at his personality. He's a big kid. He's always joking, pranking, laughing, smiling. Maybe, in terms of his mannerisms and actions in the huddle, he doesn't suddenly become Mr Serious Leader.

Before everyone freaks out at what I'm saying...I think Josh Allen leads in a different way, which is by example. I think guys want to follow him into battle and lay their bodies on the line for him because they see that HE will lay his body on the line for THEM. They see him stiff arm a safety or hurdle a linebacker and they all -- to a man -- say "I'll go into battle with that dude any day of the week". Josh is a "dog" (dawg?), as they say, and THAT is the way in which he leads, in my opinion. By example.

Like Bease said: People have different strengths. It's fine.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 2

1 hour ago, Gugny said:

Translation: “Dallas, will you please, please, please, please, please invite me to minicamp!?!?”

Shameless little prick. 

Actually, my guess would be "Houston, would you please please please invite me to training camp?"

Dallas has CeeDee Lamb, Brandin Cooks, Michael Gallup, then last year's 3rd rounder Jalen Tolbert who didn't do much last year but I'm sure they hope for,  plus Dalton Schultz at TE and this year's 2nd round TE Luke Schoonmaker

Houston has Bobby Trees and who else?   More scope for Beasley in Houston.

Also, I think working with Dak and Josh, he got used to working with rookies who would listen to what he said and even defer to him.  I think Tom Brady wanted receivers who would listen and run the routes as he wanted them to and that didn't go over too well with the Bease-meister.

23 minutes ago, JakeFrommStateFarm said:

I think its a bogus comment by Beasel Brain.  Hopefully we don't bring him back again.

But I do wish sometimes Josh would show more fire and get on players who are not giving 110% effort.

I would love to see him yelling at players like Peyton used to do.

I think at times he's just too nice a guy.

I actually have had the same thought.  There's a time for cracking jokes and keeping it light.  There's also a time for firing up and getting feisty.

Edited by Beck Water
  • Like (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, Logic said:

I think it's possible that Josh Allen just isn't that fully locked in, stone cold killer, look straight into your soul kind of leader that others might be, at least when it comes to his verbal and interpersonal interactions.

Just look at his personality. He's a big kid. He's always joking, pranking, laughing, smiling. Maybe, in terms of his mannerisms and actions in the huddle, he doesn't suddenly become Mr Serious Leader.

Before everyone freaks out at what I'm saying...I think Josh Allen leads in a different way, which is by example. I think guys want to follow him into battle and lay their bodies on the line for him because they see that HE will lay his body on the line for THEM. They see him stiff arm a safety or hurdle a linebacker and they all -- to a man -- say "I'll go into battle with that dude any day of the week". Josh is a "dog" (dawg?), as they say, and THAT is the way in which he leads, in my opinion. By example.

I think this is exactly right, Allen just needs to continue to be himself and definitely not try to be something he’s not.

Being vocal and rah rah is great if that’s who you truly are but imposters will be disrespected, ridiculed and mocked by their peers.

The hate this guy gets for chatting about his football experience and being honest. 
Guess he should be a robot who has no opinion. 
I see no disrespect to anyone or anything to be upset over. 
His career has finished and I don’t mind seeing things about his experiences. 

• Agree 2

12 minutes ago, Logic said:

Meanwhile Dak is rolling around on the ground grabbing his ankle after a normal tackle.

11 minutes ago, Rc2catch said:

The hate this guy gets for chatting about his football experience and being honest. 
Guess he should be a robot who has no opinion. 
I see no disrespect to anyone or anything to be upset over. 
His career has finished and I don’t mind seeing things about his experiences. 

It's because he's a jerk.......... Like many other professional athletes.

• Eyeroll 1

Just now, Radar said:

It's because he's a jerk.......... Like many other professional athletes.

He's a jerk because he might have an opinion that differs from yours.   The state of today's society.

• Agree 2
  • Thank you (+1) 2

I wouldn’t take it that seriously. Bease probably knows he isn’t coming back to Buffalo, but wouldn’t mind being a potential option for Dallas if they need help this season. It makes sense to flatter Dak in that situation, or maybe it is just a genuine opinion. 

Dak is reportedly a good leader.  I don't know why people are upset by this.  I think there are people on this board with better leadership skills than Allen.  That's not a knock on Josh.  But leadership doesn't seem to be Allen's forte.  He's a strong-armed talented passer, a good runner, a fierce competitor, and an overall nice guy.  But nothing I've seen or heard makes me think he excels as a leader.  

Then again, my opinion is based on observations from afar.  I've never been in the huddle or locker room with Josh.  But Beas has.  

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 3

Who cares? Can we please ignore this guy? You’re just giving him the attention he so desperately wants. Let him fade into obscurity. 

Dude is a malcontent. He knew what he was doing when he posted this, he knew how it would be taken by Bills fans, and fans gobble it up hook, line, and sinker. 

• Agree 1

4 hours ago, Big Turk said:

I'm super curious as to what he thinks Allen needs to get better at in this department

Why don't you just ask him with a tweet? No one here knows what someone else thinks about being in the huddle with both of these guys.

From Wikipedia regarding the phenomena known as Narcissistic Injury:

When a narcissist's feelings are hurt, they are likely to react with hostility and tend to hold grudges. 

Beasley had a grudge against the Bills.

• Agree 1

3 hours ago, gobills404 said:

He did go away. He’s not on the team. All Bills fans have to do is unfollow him on twitter and stop posting about him if they don’t wanna hear from him.

When I say go away, I mean stop interjecting yourself into Bills business. You had your time here and we appreciate your efforts, now find yourself another job and wish your ex-teammates good luck. Stop comparing our players to others and worry about the back end of your career.

10 minutes ago, Eastport bills said:

When I say go away, I mean stop interjecting yourself into Bills business. You had your time here and we appreciate your efforts, now find yourself another job and wish your ex-teammates good luck. Stop comparing our players to others and worry about the back end of your career.

How is he interjecting? By having an opinion about someone who doesn’t play for the Bills? He didn’t mention Josh or the Bills at all until a butthurt fan replied to him, and then all he did was give Josh a compliment as well. 

Edited by gobills404

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.