Beasley claims Dak is "best leader he ever played with by far"...

Big Turk

Which begs the question...what does he think Allen needs to do to reach that level or where is Allen lacking in comparison?  I don't think this is a dig at Allen at all, Beasley has said many times he thinks Allen can be the best QB in the league and has immense talent and ability.  

I'm super curious as to what he thinks Allen needs to get better at in this department because all you have heard is how amazing Allen is as a leader since pretty much day 1...

Edited by Big Turk
  • Eyeroll 2
  • Angry 1
  • Haha (+1) 5

1 minute ago, Big Turk said:

Which begs the question...what does he think Allen needs to do to reach that level or where is Allen lacking in comparison?  I don't think this is a dig at Allen at all, Beasley has said many times he thinks Allen can be the best QB in the league and has immense talent and ability.  

I'm super curious as to what he thinks Allen needs to get better at in this department because all you have heard is how amazing Allen is as a leader since pretty much day 1...

I'm shocked he didn't name Brady as the best but maybe their time together time was too short to do so. 

7 minutes ago, Big Turk said:

He was also here in more of Allens earlier years.  Beasley's last year was when Allen really broke out IMO.  But Beasley may have been too busy defending his off the field issues to notice.

• Like (+1) 6
  • Agree 1
  • Dislike 1

5 minutes ago, Big Turk said:

Beas is Bias, He left Buffalo the first time with a bad taste in his mouth concerning the covid remarks were made and some fans turning on him. The Times he said Allen can be best in league was his first 2 years here.  The dude is Bias. So what is Dak is the more vocal between the 2? IF that is even the case? I think this is a non issue. 

• Like (+1) 4
  • Agree 1

8 minutes ago, PrimeTime101 said:

Beas is Bias, He left Buffalo the first time with a bad taste in his mouth concerning the covid remarks were made and some fans turning on him. The Times he said Allen can be best in league was his first 2 years here.  The dude is Bias. So what is Dak is the more vocal between the 2? IF that is even the case? I think this is a non issue. 

I don't think that's it.  He has regularly said he thinks Allen is the most talented QB he has ever played with and the sky is the limit for him, even after he left and before he came back last year.  

He never said Allen is a bad leader, he simply said Dak is the best leader...I am just interested in trying to find out the areas he thinks Allen needs to get better in to be considered in that category.

Edited by Big Turk
  • Like (+1) 5
  • Agree 1

And yet I remember all the hype about what a great leader EJ Manuel was -- how he instantly took control of any room he walked into. That is what the military calls "Command Presence". Not saying that Dak (or EJ) do not have that in spades -- but that still does not mean that they are/were premier NFL QBs.

• Like (+1) 2

30 minutes ago, The Jokeman said:

I'm shocked he didn't name Brady as the best but maybe their time together time was too short to do so. 

he did not like brady. and the bucs did not like brady. some bucs message boards brought this up and it was noticeable to those watching - brady treated his teammates like dogs in TB.

I mean really, what’s with folks who cling to this guys every comment, 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 4

1 minute ago, Gugny said:

Anyone who doesn’t prefer rye toast with breakfast is wrong. 

That's just facts, Gug, not opinion. 🍞

And this is who *Beasley* thinks is a good leader?  Have y'all watched Beasley's actions?  He's the guy who's opinion on leadership we should care about?

Lastly, it's subjective.  For example, just because all of my many, many, high-paid employees think I'M the best leader they've ever had, not everyone might feel that way (though I find that extremely hard to believe since I'm spoken of well in all high-powered business meetings).:beer:

• Haha (+1) 4

8 minutes ago, NewEra said:

Some people here will cause a heated debate about toast.

5 minutes ago, Gugny said:

Wheat toast, buttered end to end evenly with mint jelly is the only civil way to eat it. I will die on this hill.

• Shocked 1
  • Haha (+1) 2

6 minutes ago, BuffaloBillyG said:

Wheat toast, buttered end to end evenly with mint jelly is the only civil way to eat it. I will die on this hill.

I will gladly march around that hill, giving you a wide berth. 

Mint jelly on toast? First the EverReady Bunny Troll jobs, now this. I’m losing my faith in humanity!     😋

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

13 minutes ago, BuffaloBillyG said:

Wheat anything is never an option for me, unless it's Einkorn/Virgin wheat, the kind that has been grown for 12,000 years...the type of wheat used now is the cause of chronic low grade inflammation in the vast majority of the population and pretty much everyone will be better off once they ditch the wheat in their diet.

Edited by Big Turk
  • Like (+1) 1

I could be wrong but the "by far" does, to me, sound like a shot at Allen. He could have ended it at the line "Dak is the best leader I've played with." Done.

But the "by far" automatically brings up more of a comparison. How much better is Dak? He's a lot better than the other QBs Beasley played with — "by far." 

As does the line that it can't be taught. 

Beasley was very good on the field (until he wasn't) but he's got a big mouth and likes to rankle people/prove his "points."

Edited by Nephilim17
  • Like (+1) 1

20 minutes ago, Gugny said:

14 minutes ago, BuffaloBillyG said:

Mint jelly 🤮 

I love all types of bread toasted- if it’s a bread, I’ll enjoy it toasted.  

Butter

Butter + cinnamon sugar

Butter and strawberry jelly

Avocado 

Cream cheese +everything bagel seasoning

Peanut butter

Smoked Salmon 

Tomato + red onion

I’m getting hungry so I need to stop thinking about it.  The possibility are endless.  

If I had to eat dry toast, I’d choose a baguette or something crunchy prior to being toasted

27 minutes ago, BuffaloBillyG said:

ZMOG - the most TBD post ever, *mint jelly* on *toast*!?  GTFO, everyone knows mint jelly is trash, and should be reserved for lamb at best.  AT BEST!  

Remember when Rex was here and mint jelly was the only jelly the Bills had?  How did that work out?  Yeah, there's a reason McDermott has brought in rye bread and Kerrygold butter... :beer: 

• Haha (+1) 1

1 hour ago, PrimeTime101 said:

Or maybe he’s just saying what he thinks? Josh is not the best at every aspect either. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

15 minutes ago, Eastport bills said:

I defended Beasley for years when people thought he put himself ahead of the team, but hearing his sourgrapes dig at Bills fans with a nonsensical remark about Dak being a “much” better leader as rookie and 2nd year than Josh, is just pitiful. Beasley should just go away.

He did go away. He’s not on the team. All Bills fans have to do is unfollow him on twitter and stop posting about him if they don’t wanna hear from him.

I know it’s easy to hate on Dak but he does seem to have the support of his teammates 100%. I’ve never heard anyone say Dak jokes around about everything but I have heard them say that about Josh.  Different strokes for different folks.  Wouldn’t trade Josh for the world but he is quite the goofball but it keeps guys loose.  

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.