NFC Team you are Cheering for???

wppete

I like the 49ers, because of their history but despite Eddie Debartolo's legal issues.

Green Bay. Mostly because I like the colors of their uniforms.  Same goes for the Edmonton Elks (ugh on the name) of the CFL.

Detroit Lions. I have family in the Motown area. And those fans deserve a break.

In the 90s I liked the Eagles a lot because their sworn nemesis was the Cowboys.  I still recall fondly the 4th and 1 stop of the The Cowboys at their own 29 yard line in 95' at Philly.  

But yeah today I guess I'd say the Lions 

Edited by Another Fan

6 hours ago, Starr Almighty said:

For all saying NJG am I the only one that remembers the Superbowl? I hate that franchise. Also going to one of their games is awful. The fans sit on their hands all game and get mad if you stand up on 3rd down. 

It's been over 30 years. Pretty sure it's time to move on.

• Disagree 1

13 hours ago, LABILLBACKER said:

The Vikings, they're just like us. They've lost 4 SB's. They play well most regular seasons, only to struggle in the playoffs. 

This is exactly why, for me, its Not the Vikings

I dont want anyone anytime anywhere to win its first before I get my first.

So of the teams left, I say Chicago.  Great city.  It would be fun to see a cold-outdoor team do well.

And the NFL is better when the Bears are relevant.  Its still the 3rd biggest city in America. 

21 hours ago, wppete said:

Fun question for the off-season. Had a debate with a buddy about this. If you had to cheer for a NFC team  who would it be and why? I went with the obvious and said Carolina because of the long connection and the fact the Frank Reich is the head coach. 

always been a Lions fan in the NFC. Might as well stick with them.

16 hours ago, Starr Almighty said:

For all saying NJG am I the only one that remembers the Superbowl? I hate that franchise. Also going to one of their games is awful. The fans sit on their hands all game and get mad if you stand up on 3rd down. 

I don’t actually dislike the Giants, but struggle with them having a huge bandwagon fanbase. New York State (outside of WNY) is full of Giants fans when they win, but I haven’t heard from any of these fans in a decade. 

Honestly I am not sure I have an NFC team I have a real rooting interest though. I root many times for the story like Brees and the Saints SB run, Cards run in 08, SEA was really fun in 13', or the G-Man knocking the Patriots both times. By the same token I have rooted against these teams later on also haha. Detroit I have empthay for but I would never want them to win before us. Minnesota might be the closest I have any rooting interest as my buddy is a huge Vikings fan so for him I pull for them. The Rams might be the team I have a real like for as their history is pretty awesome, their colors and unis until recently are amazing, and I like what they are as a franchise. But again it is not breaking my heart if they lose.

Ironically if I had a second team it might be the Raiders which is probably against the rules, but I loveddd Rich Gannon as a kid and the Gruden Raiders. I have his autograph on a picture and a Raiders hat. The brashness of what they are and culture always was super awesome to me. So as long as Buffalo is not losing to the Raiders I generally pull for them a bit.

My dad is a bills fan but during his childhood liked the Vikings because of Fran Tarkenton. They’ve blown it so many times. With Randy Moss and Chris Carter, then the miraculous season with Favre. Heck, even the season with Diggs catch vs the saints in the playoffs. I feel bad for them. However, they’ll never do anything with Kirk Cousins. He’s the modern day Tony Romo

I'm not

On 6/12/2023 at 10:12 AM, BritBill said:

I'm not that chuffed but seeing as though there's a gun to my head I'll say Chicago. Only on the basis I visited Chicago in 2005 and found it to be a most wonderful city. 

not anymore, place has been ransacked by gangs and rampant crime.

Saints. Wife is from NOLA, we lived there for 7 years until recently, and we still split seasons with her brother… it’s a bit hollow, though. I rationally want them to do well, but I watch them with very little emotional investment. 

On 6/12/2023 at 10:01 AM, Gregg said:

If I had to pick an NFC team it would be SF. Always liked them going back to the days of Montana, Clark and "The Catch" against Dallas. 

It would also be the meeting of the matchup many wanted to see when the Bills were going to consecutive SBs.  

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.