NFC Team you are Cheering for???

wppete

Fun question for the off-season. Had a debate with a buddy about this. If you had to cheer for a NFC team  who would it be and why? I went with the obvious and said Carolina because of the long connection and the fact the Frank Reich is the head coach. 

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Big Blitz said:

Detroit.  

Unfortunately I think they really screwed up the draft and the opportunity to catch up to the few powers that exist in that conference.  

While I do think they reached on both their first rounders at the end of the day they still ended up with 2 guys that will help the club. 2 excellent football players. Their 2nd and 3rd rounds I actually liked a lot. 

I think they win that division by 2 games.

• Agree 1

4 minutes ago, LABILLBACKER said:

The Vikings, they're just like us. They've lost 4 SB's. They play well most regular seasons, only to struggle in the playoffs. 

This is it for me - the Vikings are the Buffalo Bills of the Midwest ... I'd be all for them winning - except, of course, if they are playing the Buffalo Bills of the East. 

• Agree 1

10 minutes ago, LABILLBACKER said:

The Vikings, they're just like us. They've lost 4 SB's. They play well most regular seasons, only to struggle in the playoffs. 

I think the Vikings will revert back to the norm this year and instead of winning all these tight games like the game we gave them (literally handed to them) will lose many of them.

• Agree 3

I would say Vikings easily and thats what my gut says.  But I loathe their stolen/copied 'skol' chant they do and it makes me dislike their fanbase.

Detroit is an easy one too.  Fellow great lakes sufferors, you can argue no fanbase has had it worse unless you are 80+ years old and can recall Bobby Lane.  I do not like that dome, it is so devoid of flavor on television.

Chicago would be kind of cool.  Would bring me back to my childhood when they were really good/great from like 1985-early in the Bills' superbowl run.

I have always liked Seattle since I was a kid, with Steve Largent.  Those flourescent tones in their uniforms are terrible though.  I like the Geno Smith hero arc too.  

It would be a really awesome development if Green Bay surged to win their division and the Jets' season crashed and burned

Edited by May Day 10

2 hours ago, Gregg said:

If I had to pick an NFC team it would be SF. Always liked them going back to the days of Montana, Clark and "The Catch" against Dallas. 

Me too.  In fact, for a number of years, they were kind of my "2nd team" or a team of interest if the Bills were not playing or were out of it.  I have always sort of rooted for the Packers as well..don't really dislike the team, love the fanbase, the stadium, the history, they are usually always good....

1 hour ago, SoCal Deek said:

I’ll go with the Lions. Their poor fans are long overdue! 

Not a bad choice right now.  They have the underdog thing going now.  I'd cheer for them against almost anyone as long as it isn't us!

• Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, wppete said:

Fun question for the off-season. Had a debate with a buddy about this. If you had to cheer for a NFC team  who would it be and why? I went with the obvious and said Carolina because of the long connection and the fact the Frank Reich is the head coach. 

SanFran. I have been a fan of that team since the Joe Montana days. 

it has always been the Packers for me but not sure anymore.  Could be the Jiants now.

I had a job offer in Minneapolis and one of the benefits was the owners had a box in Vikings stadium and employees got a chance to use it.  I asked recruiter if I could get Green Bay Packers game for I was a fan and he said no but clearly he did not like response.  I later turned it down for they were paying for moving including helping sell your house and I told them my wife would not want to move until school year was over and would come after that and they told me no.  They wanted whole family to move when new employees came and they helped family adjust to move.

Nobody, while the Giants have ties to the current regime I'm still bitter, and always will be, over Super Bowl XXV. Carolina has ties to use with Frank Reich but not a big fan of their rookie QB. So instead rather root for no one in the NFC or root for someone offer the easiest chance for the Bills to win a Super Bowl against who at this point could be the Chicago Bears. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.