Emmanuel Acho’s Top 5 AFC Teams

Kirby Jackson

2 minutes ago, Royale with Cheese said:

Mecole Hardman averages about 35 or so catches a season.  KC thought so little of him they let him go.

Cobb is 33 now and in the last few seasons, is averaging about 35 catches a season.

Corey Davis in his career averages 45 catches a season.  The Titans thought so little of him and let him go.

Alan Lazard in his career averages 33 catches a season.  The Packers thought so little of him they let him go.

It looks like you believe if a team doesn't resign someone, they think very little of them....I'm just using your thought process.

James Cook was I believe 9 or so carries away from leading the NFL in yards per carry.  It was 5.7 ypc by the way.  

Damien Harris has 20 TD's in the last 2 seasons.

Since you pointed out we have a RB that hasn't finished a full season....how many has Breece Hall finished?

Apparently thenorthremebers should change their username to thenorthdoesn'tremember

• Haha (+1) 4

There are hundreds of people who professionally comment on the NFL with hundreds of different opinions.  

Last year, a bunch of these guys opined that the Bills would win the Super Bowl.  That didn't work out.  The preseason buzz is meaningless.  

I really don't care what Acho thinks.  I don't even know (or care) who this guy is.  

I do know that the Bills are one of the teams with a realistic shot of winning it all.   So let the talking heads talk and enjoy the ride when the season begins.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

3 hours ago, NUT said:

He's right that the Bills have peaked. They will need a new HC to go any further.

Proving that for every idiotic hot take, there is an audience. 

Edited by FLFan
  • Haha (+1) 1

1 hour ago, CincyBillsFan said:

So this "expert" supports his absurd AFC top 5 ranking this season by pointing out how wrong he was last season?

Pendulum swing right there,

1. Chiefs

2. Bengals

Then you can toss the Jets, Dolphins, Bills, Ravens, Chargers, and Jags into the air and they could land in any order. In fact, every single team in the AFC has legit intrigue now with rookie QBs and new head coaches.

4 minutes ago, Airseven said:

1. Chiefs

2. Bengals

Then you can toss the Jets, Dolphins, Bills, Ravens, Chargers, and Jags into the air and they could land in any order. In fact, every single team in the AFC has legit intrigue now with rookie QBs and new head coaches.

I agree that things could look differently. Cincy belongs in that next tier too. Cincy and the Bills have to be 2 and 3 in whatever order. They get the benefit of the doubt. 

1 minute ago, Not at the table Karlos said:

It's too easy to get this fan base excited about someone's opinion. Anytime they need more clicks on their content they just slight the Bills a little and the entire fan base will flood the page. 

That applies to every fan base. It’s not about clicks…their job is literally content and entertainment. Their value is in simply passing the time and they’re good at it.

1 minute ago, Kirby Jackson said:

I agree that things could look differently. Cincy belongs in that next tier too. Cincy and the Bills have to be 2 and 3 in whatever order. They get the benefit of the doubt. 

How in the world do the Bills get the benefit of the doubt in possibly finishing ahead of the Bengals? There was no comparison between the two teams last season. Bengals were better in every way.

• Like (+1) 1

4 hours ago, thenorthremembers said:

I am not sure he is wrong.  The Bills had a hard time beating the Dolphins with Skylar Thompson and the Jets with Zach Wilson.   The division is going to be a dog fight this year.

The Bills desperately needed to get better at WR 2 this off-season and they didn't.  They didn't keep up with the AFC arms race at offense and their defense couldn't do enough last year to make a difference.   

How many times do those of you who keep saying this need to be told you're wrong?  The score was close, the game was not - this is such a laughably bad take.  You know who else struggled with games they should have won?  The Chiefs (in fact they DID lose to a terrible Colts team), the Bengals, the (insert whatever team you want)....does that mean that they're no good?  No, of course not!  Good teams win close games - style points don't get you anything.  The Bills aren't going to win every game (no matter who they play) by 20 points and you need to stop expecting them to.   

• Like (+1) 1
  • Disagree 1

LOVE it!

Last year we were the toast of the NFL in the preseason and first month of the season. Every team brought their "A" game. I'm hoping that this year it's the Bills that get a chip on their shoulder and play to prove something. 

I mean, Acho is an idiot and just says things to get attention. But I do think a LOT of media will be off the Bills bandwagon this year.

Wow. Not only does he not have the Bills, but he has the Dolphins as the #2 team in the AFC? Ahead of the Bengals, even.

And if the Bills peaked, they peaked as the 3rd best team in the conference. Shouldn't they still be there? He didn't say they regressed.

And the Ravens? How have the Ravens not peaked, like two years ago? Man, this is just a wild list.

Seems to me that to be a preseason top-5 team, you have to have a preseason top-5 quarterback (pretty tough to be top-5 with a mediocre QB).   Tua, of course, is a stretch in that category (I don't care who his receivers are), so I'd have a serious argument with the guy about the Dolphins being on his list.  But the other four - hey, those are excellent quarterbacks (I'd never try to build a team around Jackson, but he's a former MVP, and that's nothing to sneeze at).  

So, okay, that's his list.   But if he wants pick any of Miami, the Jets, or the Ravens to win the Super Bowl over the Bills, I'll take each of those bets.  The odds makers certainly don't like those teams better than the Bills.  

I really, really don't get how people can look at Tua and think he's a big-time QB.  

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, HereComesTheReignAgain said:

So Hyde and White are aging, while no mention of the fact that Rogers is 39 years old?  He is just a game changer regardless of age, while Bills players lose that distinction at 28 or 33?  Even though 2022 was his worst year ever as a starter?  Seems like a completely unbiased opinion.

Speaking of bias, it shows in the fact that Hyde won’t be 33 until Dec 31. Anything to make the point look more valid. We were decimated by injuries to the defensive backfield last year, to a bizarre extent. Oh, and we will get Von Miller back, a HOF player who showed no signs of aging before his injury last season. But I suppose none of that supports his narrative, so let’s not talk about that. 

I need to see Tua and Lamar finish a season before I get TOO worried about their teams. 

The AFCE won’t be the cakewalk the Pats* faced for years, but I like our chances. 

• Like (+1) 1

Emanuel Acho, Nick Wright, Joy Taylor are just happy to have a job at FS1 and either pander to big market listeners or subjectively favor teams they root for like the Chiefs (Wright) or Miami(Joy). They collectively know less than most color commentators or beat writers. They’re picking over the Bills because having the NY market and Miami engaged is good for their ratings. Until Miami or the Jets win a division, they have zero credibility.

These talks are always disingenuous and the idiots who agree. Bills off field chaos was the worst I had ever ever seen for an NFL team. 

Josh Allen partially tore his UCL. Again a talking point everyone including members our own fanbase consistently ignore.

Our secondary was in shambles from Week 1 right through until the playoffs. 

Hyde and Von both had season ending injuries. That is 2 of our 4 most important defensive players. Another top 4 defensive player missed half the year recovering from a torn ACL and wasn't right all season. 

Let's not get into the fact our guards were trash and significantly upgraded upon and that Mckenzie was our 3rd best receiver and wouldn't even make the team this season if he was still here. 

Bills peaked is hilarious. Not even close. It's just main media nonsense. 

• Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, thenorthremembers said:

Now please tell me out of all the players you listed which guy is a game changer?   You literally listed two wideouts who havent caught more than 40 passes in a season, a guard who was thought so little of by the team he has actually played snaps for that they didnt resign, a runningback who has never played a full season in the NFL and two rookies.    Yes, the Bills signed players for the offense, but they drafted or signed guys with potential, they didnt make a move to bring in proven guys.  

Be as sarcastic as you want but if you think signing Sherfield, Harty, Harris, McGovern, Kincaid and Torrence is the same as signing Aaron Rodgers while already having Garrett Wilson, Breece Hall and Vera Tucker you're a homer.   Go and look at the Jets roster right now compared to what Bills are bringing into the season and then tell me you think the Bills did enough to keep up.  At wideout alone they have Wilson, Lazard, Corey Davis, Randall Cobb and Mecole Hardman.    

On the other hand I think the Dolphins are being overrated.  They are phenomenal at wideout, but their oline is still suspect and their Quarterback is fragile.    I am not saying the Bills wont compete to still win the division, I think thats still in reach but if people on this board want to believe that this team is as good as it was in 20, 21 and 22 I think they are fooling themselves.    The Bills are still the Allen and Diggs show, and the defense is aging and ailing.  They are no longer the young hungry team we saw the last five years.     

Stop acting like an NBA fan and being sucked in by fancy names. It's nauseating. Thats not how the NFL works. The issue is fans like you constantly bickering about a ridiculous ceiling that is hardly ever met while constantly ignoring the Bills at worst this off season raised their floor which is what good teams do to win.

You can't clue in that by simply having Kincaid in the slot you take away coverage from Davis and you no longer have to put Davis inside to be the interior blocking receiver because no one else could do it last season. You aren't looking at all the trickle down affects. You're just thinking no Dehop the Bills are screwed. Football doesn't work like basketball.

You can't see that our redzone offense will be significantly better? Adding power running backs, a mauling guard and a massive interior receiving target? You really can't see that? How many times did the Bills offense march up the field between the 20s only for our guards to be blown up in the short run game and Singletary being unable to move the pile? Who was Allen to pass to when every receiver was a smurf and Mckenzie had no clue how to beat a zone defense? No wonder Allen Redzone INT rate skyrocketed last year. We had a brutal interior oline. Allen  partially tore his UCL, and we had no one inside to pass to who was over 5 foot 8. Not to mention Knox brother passed away right before the season and we have no idea what impact that had on him either. 

To sit there and honestly think the Bills didn't significantly upgrade the offense is tedious. Cowboys wanted to resign McGovern FYI. 

Edited by HaldimandBills
  • Like (+1) 1

4 hours ago, KDIGGZ said:

You guys are a bunch of homers. All 3 are playoff teams that will be within a few games of each other. It's not that much of a stretch if someone favors the other 2. You are acting like these are bad teams. The Bills will be lucky to go .500 in the division. It's not the same AFC East anymore

Lmao

I’ll believe the Jets are a playoff team when they make it and not a second before.

4 hours ago, NoSaint said:

the wild card is all 3 of those teams had qb woes last season. If Rodgers, Lamar and tua are healthy, that’s good for a couple games each and suddenly it gets real close. 

im not sure you can count on any of them carrying their teams the whole way, but last year was basically worst case scenarios for all 3 teams at the most important position. 

I think Lamar getting hurt running and missing games is what Lamar is going to do most years.   And Tua started 13 games and lead the AFC in passer rating.........that might be closer to a ceiling than a worst case scenario.   Set aside the concussions the guy almost lost his career entirely to a serious hip injury and was constantly getting injured at Alabama too.   He's a tough guy but talk about high mileage on a light frame.

The Jets,  you have a point at QB,  but they had a best case scenario health wise on defense last year.........least injured defense in the entire NFL.......after being the 4th most injured defense(and terrible) the year before.   They are due for a serious market correction.   Typically defenses that make such amazing leaps in one season tend to "give it all back" the following year.   It's a strange but real phenomenon in the NFL.   Most recently with the Redskins.   After they almost beat SB-victory bound Tom Brady with Tyler Heinecke at QB in the wildcard everyone assumed next year that D was going to be unreal going forward.   Nope.  

• Like (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

Personally I am happy the Bills are not being hyped this year. The fact of the matter is that the Bills were underwhelming in the playoffs last year. 

The Bills left a lot of puzzled 😕 and unanswered questions on the field last year. They probably did peak under their offensive scheme last season. The tools are in place to change that. 

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.