Emmanuel Acho’s Top 5 AFC Teams

Kirby Jackson

26 minutes ago, Dr. Who said:

There was surmise of the team not being set to stay in Buffalo in a thread just a few weeks ago (it was an unpleasant thread with ghoulish speculation, so I leave it at that.) 

Given a truly exceptional harrowing season with injuries, tragedies, and weather displacements, it's somewhat incredible they managed 13 regular season wins including the 8 consecutive you note. Folks are just blowing all that off because the Bills were steamrolling teams early which made later struggles appear to be more a failure than they were. Then the Bills made some cavalier mistakes in the playoff against the Dolphins that allowed the Phish to hang around in a game they otherwise didn't belong in followed by the absolute dud against Cincy. The post-season cemented a narrative for many. Same fans, I suspect, assume the unprovable assertion that we would have played just as poorly in the truncated Bengals game. The cumulative effect of swimming upstream for so long took its toll and I do think one can question both first year Dorsey and Frazier's approach to the post-season. The former has more tools to work with, ostensibly an improved IOL and a year to acclimate to OC. The latter is gone and one hopes McD will at least be more aggressive against top qbs rather than using the passive, bend-don't break strategy that works best against average and subpar qbs.

The notion that all that adds up to stagnancy or that the Bills have peaked is utter non-sense. As long as your franchise qb is in his prime and you hit on enough of your draft picks, the window is always going to be open. What you can say is that typically head coach franchise qb combinations win a SB early in the relationship. I think two years ago Allen was poised to make that happen and the 13 seconds fiasco derailed what I suppose a high probability, though it can never, of course, be proven. Another early exit from the playoffs would put McD on the hotseat, but the team itself is no more destined to fall back to the pack then GB who was considered a perennial SB contender as long as Rodgers was at qb.   

Perfectly said

This post is exactly right on so many levels.

46 minutes ago, FireChans said:

Heaven forbid the Bills lose week 1. we will be talking about trading Josh and Von for a “king’s ransom” to start the 9 year rebuild and achieve the most important thing of all, cap space.

These people have been down for so long they don’t know how to be up. 

• Like (+1) 4

2 hours ago, Kirby Jackson said:

It’s amazing how popular this narrative has become. It’s just not true. The Bills looking average was superior to about every team. They won 8 consecutive games prior to the playoff loss. 

Not justifying Acho’s awful take but those 8 wins were against bad teams. The 1 good team they faced during that stretch smacked them. 

2 hours ago, 90sBills said:

Not justifying Acho’s awful take but those 8 wins were against bad teams. The 1 good team they faced during that stretch smacked them. 

17 teams won 8 games or less last year. That’s more than 1/2 of the league. We don’t need to do mental gymnastics to diminish that. We used to do the reverse and try to justify why we were a “good 7-9.” You rarely win 8 in a row in the NFL against ANYBODY!!

If I had the energy I would look up how many teams had 8 game winning streaks in 2022. It isn’t many. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

On 5/11/2023 at 1:48 PM, C.Biscuit97 said:

So you think their big plan for ratings was to fire up the second smallest fanbase in the nfl?  That loser skip saying stuff about lebron is one thing but I genuinely think this is his opinion. 

You’ve been worked, my friend.  It’s all an act.  Boy would I love to sell real estate to you

Go back and watch the stuff he said about Tua and Herbert.   It became a parody.  This is just another example.

As far as FS1, they encourage their personalities to really amplify crazy hot takes.  It has nothing to do with market size as much as it does with social media engagement.  Typically Bills fans are very active - which is why you see national media both pander and take shots at the team.  

Take a look at Acho when he was at ESPN vs. FS1.  I rest my case.  

On 5/13/2023 at 3:34 PM, Kirby Jackson said:

17 teams won 8 games or less last year. That’s more than 1/2 of the league. We don’t need to do mental gymnastics to diminish that. We used to do the reverse and try to justify why we were a “good 7-9.” You rarely win 8 in a row in the NFL against ANYBODY!!

If I had the energy I would look up how many teams had 8 game winning streaks in 2022. It isn’t many. 

absolutely true 

even the most lopsided matchups in the nfl are like 80%-20% 

rare are you ever playing a slam dunk, even if you are favored. 

On 5/13/2023 at 10:35 AM, Kirby Jackson said:

It’s amazing how popular this narrative has become. It’s just not true. The Bills looking average was superior to about every team. They won 8 consecutive games prior to the playoff loss. 

the only caveat I’ll add while thinking on this is we don’t know what would’ve happened in cincy, and that might’ve  substantially effected the talking point very easily.

• Agree 1

26 minutes ago, NoSaint said:

absolutely true 

even the most lopsided matchups in the nfl are like 80%-20% 

rare are you ever playing a slam dunk, even if you are favored. 

the only caveat I’ll add while thinking on this is we don’t know what would’ve happened in cincy, and that might’ve  substantially effected the talking point very easily.

That’s fair and that game wasn’t off to the best start. 

On 5/13/2023 at 2:40 AM, GunnerBill said:

Orlando Brown is good and he is definitely better than Jonah Williams. So if Burrow has survived that I think he is pretty indestructable.

This will sound crazy....I have Cincy going 9-8 and missing the playoffs. 

18 minutes ago, Zerovoltz said:

This will sound crazy....I have Cincy going 9-8 and missing the playoffs. 

Wouldn't be surprised at all. We're approaching most overrated player in the league territory with Burrow. And that division is tougher than people think. 

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.