I’d like to see the Bills bring back Shaq Lawson and pay him fairly.

Tipster19

He was a great soldier last year when we needed defensive help the most. He wants to be here and it would help keep continuity on the DL imo. I’m surprise this hasn’t happened yet, it looks like the money is the issue right now but with a little bit of effort this should get done fairly easily. A 1 year contract like Jordan Phillips’, would make the most sense at this time, you know with the salary restrictions that the Bills are currently facing. I’d also like to see this thread become a petition to help make this cause happen but if anybody disagrees then I’d like to know the reason(s) why, everybody has a right to their opinion so please let’s hear the pros and cons. Bring back Shaq!

• Like (+1) 2
  • Eyeroll 3
  • Agree 7
  • Haha (+1) 2

5 minutes ago, Tipster19 said:

He was a great soldier last year when we needed defensive help the most. He wants to be here and it would help keep continuity on the DL imo. I’m surprise this hasn’t happened yet, it looks like the money is the issue right now but with a little bit of effort this should get done fairly easily. A 1 year contract like Jordan Phillips’, would make the most sense at this time, you know with the salary restrictions that the Bills are currently facing. I’d also like to see this thread become a petition to help make this cause happen but if anybody disagrees then I’d like to know the reason(s) why, everybody has a right to their opinion so please let’s hear the pros and cons. Bring back Shaq!

I'm sure that they would if not for salary cap

Bring him back, he is a good rotational player. 

• Like (+1) 4
  • Agree 1

8 minutes ago, Airseven said:

I was surprised by Lawson last season. He still has some fire left. Would’ve preferred to bring him back instead of Phillips.

Although I'd only offer slightly above league minimum, I too would have preferred him back instead of Phillips, who is a complete sieve in run defense, and only flashes once in a blue moon with the pass rush. But hey he pumps up the drunks in the stadium 👍

• Haha (+1) 1

3 hours ago, Airseven said:

I was surprised by Lawson last season. He still has some fire left. Would’ve preferred to bring him back instead of Phillips.

Deep draft at def end this yr....

Shaq will be signed back if we don't land a mid to late guy.

Phillips brings a nice rush in the middle.  He should be used in pass rush situations only, at this point of his career.  Hoping we land another big 1 technique in the draft, that can be primarily used on early downs.

3 hours ago, Airseven said:

Nothing in the Phillips deal would preclude us from take bringing back shaq

17 minutes ago, HappyCat said:

Look out for Kingsley Jonathan in the mix of DE's for the Bills.  He's the undrafted kid from Syracuse and has major quickness off the ball.  I believe he is signed for this season and the next.

I would definitely like to see him get more time in the limited time he got last year he looked really good

12 minutes ago, John from Riverside said:

Nothing in the Phillips deal would preclude us from take bringing back shaq

I would definitely like to see him get more time in the limited time he got last year he looked really good

He did have an excellent game vs. the Bears in the brief time he played.  

4 hours ago, Tipster19 said:

There is a misconception that he was good last season........he had the same kind of modest impact that he had in 2017 and 2018 when he also played around 450-475 snaps and produced similarly.   The front office and fans alike were extremely disappointed in that version of Shaq and he had his 5th year option declined.   He is quite simply a league minimum player at this point.   Jordan Phillips should have been a league minimum only signing as well.  

• Like (+1) 2
  • Dislike 1

1 hour ago, BillsFan130 said:

Nothing against Shaq as he played solid, but if we bring him back we are literally running it back with the same D line as last year that wasn’t good enough in the first place.

Add on Von coming off of an acl tear.

In fairness, your not getting anything better for less, or likely even more. 

16 minutes ago, mrags said:

In fairness, your not getting anything better for less, or likely even more. 

True. Again, nothing against Shaq.

Just more of the makeup of the d line and running it back .

Like the signing of J Phillips back didn’t make a lot of sense IMO

1 minute ago, Tipster19 said:

I find this interesting. I take it that you’re not a fan of Phillips?

I like him when he’s healthy, although I will say he’s a streaky player.

But 3 years in a row he has shown he can’t stay healthy and he just turned 31.

Not a guy you can count on IMO

14 minutes ago, BillsFan130 said:

True. Again, nothing against Shaq.

Just more of the makeup of the d line and running it back .

Like the signing of J Phillips back didn’t make a lot of sense IMO

When JP is healthy he’s a positive for the Dline. And hate to break it to you, but Shaq was probably our 3rd best DE last year behind Von and then Rous. If we can get him back on a girly friendly deal it’s worth it. Hoping we can get him for similar to what JP got. But he likely wants more. 

5 hours ago, CaptnCoke11 said:

He’ll get same contract he got last year if not less.  If he wants more no thanks 

I will be shocked if he doesn't re-sign for the same 1.1M as last year. He'll never be a pass rusher but he does supply edge support. This team still needs a young dynamic pass rusher and unfortunately Groot is not that guy.

Edited by LABILLBACKER

1 hour ago, BillsFan130 said:

I like him when he’s healthy, although I will say he’s a streaky player.

But 3 years in a row he has shown he can’t stay healthy and he just turned 31.

Not a guy you can count on IMO

What I like about Phillips and with Shaq as well is that they pay to the crowd. They both want and love to be a Bill and play with passion imo. One never really hears anything quotable or memorable from say someone like Oliver, Groot etc etc. I will say that they both give great effort, regardless of the results. I like that about both of them, they make a good tandem. 

• Like (+1) 1

10 hours ago, Tipster19 said:

I like Shaq and always thought he was under appreciated around here. I’d be happy to have him back. I would offer him his market value. Hopefully that will get it done.

• Like (+1) 2

6 hours ago, mrags said:

When JP is healthy he’s a positive for the Dline. And hate to break it to you, but Shaq was probably our 3rd best DE last year behind Von and then Rous. If we can get him back on a girly friendly deal it’s worth it. Hoping we can get him for similar to what JP got. But he likely wants more. 

Please don’t use initials.   Your use of JP gave me a Losman flashback and it wasn’t enjoyable.

• Haha (+1) 2

3 hours ago, Kirby Jackson said:

I like Shaq and always thought he was under appreciated around here. I’d be happy to have him back. I would offer him his market value. Hopefully that will get it done.

Under appreciated by this coaching staff too. PED Murphy started for three years and did nothing while Lawson was at least solid. 

Would love to see them trade Oliver and with that additional pick draft another edge rusher. Let Basham take some snaps at DT. 

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.