• Kyle Shanahan
    • Brian Daboll
    • Nick Sirianni
    • Doug Pederson
    • Dan Campbell
    • Kevin O’Connell
    • Someone else

Who do you think should win? My vote is for Daboll:

1. He inherited a team with almost no talent outside Saquon Barkley and currently has them in the 2nd round of the playoffs. 

2. He turned Danny Dimes into a threat at QB and legitimately makes him look like a poor-man’s Allen. 

3. His already talent-deprived team was further decimated by injuries - especially at WR, and they basically have an entire new WR Corps from Week 1 and are all performing at a high level. It’s super impressive. 

4. Daboll’s massive watermelons between his legs set the tone for the season week 1 when his team went up agains the Titans, who were 12-5 last season, and instead of playing to not lose, he played to win and went for 2 late in the game with a minute left to win the game. 

I miss that man. Im very happy for him. He deserves to win AP Coach of the Year. 

• Like (+1) 3
  • Agree 5
  • Thank you (+1) 2

6 minutes ago, Dan said:

Where’s the option for McD?  

delete thread...try again. 

He would fall under someone else. I wouldn’t trade McD for anyone. And me giving Daboll credit is not meant to discredit McD. Truth is McD has a loaded roster. We were Super Bowl favorites going into this season. Anything less will likely be viewed as a disappointment. In some ways it’s not fair (for McD). 

Edited by bobobonators
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 2

Sean McDermott despite the ridiculous expectations, the outside stories, the injuries, one of the most traumatic moments a team has ever experienced with Damar, and one of the toughest schedules in football. The Buffalo Bills lost 3 games by 8 points and everyone of those games had the lead and a chance to win.

It needs to be said again in every single game this year the Bills had a chance to win the game in the 4th quarter. 
If that isn’t a coach of the year they should change the award…To the coach whose team doesn’t suck as much as they were supposed to award.  

Edited by 78thealltimegreat
  • Disagree 2
  • Agree 2
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

• Simon changed the title to AP Coach of the Year <Poll>
23 minutes ago, bobobonators said:

1. He inherited a team with almost no talent outside Saquon Barkley and currently has them in the 2nd round of the playoffs. 

2. He turned Danny Dimes into a threat at QB and legitimately makes him look like a poor-man’s Allen. 

3. His already talent-deprived team was further decimated by injuries - especially at WR, and they basically have an entire new WR Corps from Week 1 and are all performing at a high level. It’s super impressive. 

4. Daboll’s massive watermelons between his legs set the tone for the season week 1 when his team went up agains the Titans, who were 12-5 last season, and instead of playing to not lose, he played to win and went for 2 late in the game with a minute left to win the game. 

I miss that man. Im very happy for him. He deserves to win AP Coach of the Year. 

Josh used to raise watermelons on far.  Maybe he gave Daboll some tips.

• Haha (+1) 1

I'm somewhere between Daboll and Shanahan. 

The G-men have been a joke of a franchise in recent years and pre-season expectation was probably ~5 wins. Daboll turned them into a legit playoff contender and resurrected Daniel Jones career. 

Shanahan came in with high pre-season expectations, but then had his #1 AND #2 QB get injured. He now has the team setup as legit superbowl contenders with a rookie 7th rd draft pick starting for half the season. 

• Like (+1) 1

Daboll, and to me it’s not close. 

McD showed real leadership after Damar’s injury, and gets all the credit for that. 

But straight football talk? Daboll inherited a roster with next to nothing on paper and is in the divisional round. McD had a pro bowl roster and the team is where they should be right now. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 3

10 hours ago, co_springs_billsfan said:

Why is O'Connell on this list?

I assume he used his 4 leaf clover to get in on it 

1 hour ago, stevestojan said:

Daboll, and to me it’s not close. 

McD showed real leadership after Damar’s injury, and gets all the credit for that. 

But straight football talk? Daboll inherited a roster with next to nothing on paper and is in the divisional round. McD had a pro bowl roster and the team is where they should be right now. 

I agree with this. I personally think McD should win it, but Daboll has done wonders in NJ

I am very curious to see what they do with Jones. He is looking more the part, but he needs to be more productive 3200 yards and 15 TDs isnt going to cut it long term. Thats basically TT numbers

I also voted for Daboll but will comment that the team he inherited had lots of talent.  They were very poorly coached and managed by the previous staff (Judge and company). I think Daboll is a QB whisperer and knows how use talent properly. He also gets big time credit for hiring Kafka from KC as his OC and Wink Martindale as his DC. 

• Disagree 2

Let's get real.  The clear winner is Kyle Shanahan, and when the real votes are in that's who will win in a landslide. Shanahan won his division, got the #2 seed & was undefeated in games started by the last player taken in the 2022 draft, QB Brock Purdy.  He's on his 3rd QB and winning with a guy who never started an NFL game before he went in late in December.

The poll above is the ultimate homer vote.  Daboll did a good job, but he had the 3rd best record in his own division.  Here's a dose of reality: The Giants were closer to last place in the NFC East than 1st place.  The biggest thing Daboll did was prove that Joe Judge had no business ever being a head coach in the NFL.  Daboll got a decent season out of the #6 overall pick, it's just not the same as winning with Mr. Irrelevant in his rookie year. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

I don't possibly see how it's anybody but Daboll. What he did with that team given the limited talent they have on that roster is nothing short of a masterpiece.

Did anyone seriously think the Giants would be where they are right now?

Edited by Billz4ever

15 hours ago, bobobonators said:

I went with Dan Campbell, what he did with the Lions this season is nothing short of a miracle with Jared Goff as his QB, the team played hard against almost every team they played.

• Like (+1) 2

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.