Bills-Dolphins most watched Wild Card game in 9 years

YoloinOhio

Yep the NFL knows the Bills are must see TV.  They simply play the wildest games of any team, week in, week out.  That was why there was no 4th down measurement.  😈  No need to risk it..

• Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 7

8 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

Especially for a 1:00 game this is insane

People who aren't even Bills fans will tune-in just to watch JA17.  He's fun to watch and just has that magnetic personality.  He has that kind of effect on people.

Combine that with the whole Damar incident and feel-good story that it has become, and that's a recipe for a big audience.

Edited by Billz4ever
  • Agree 2

Stunning figures but the Divisional scheduling just confuses me more off the back of it. The Bengals-Bills game, with all the background surrounding it, which is sure to grab neutral interest, gets given an afternoon slot? Despite the Bills drawing in the viewers?

To put it simply, I don’t understand that. Plus, why not have the two AFC games play on the same day and the two NFC games play on the same day? As it is, the number one seeds, already coming off a bye, also get an advantage of an extra day’s break too (dependent on whether they beat the Jaguars/Giants).

To me:

Saturday afternoon: Jaguars-Chiefs

Saturday primetime: Bengals-Bills

Sunday afternoon: Giants-Eagles

Sunday primetime: Cowboys or Buccaneers-49ers

would make more sense.

• Agree 1

49 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

Especially for a 1:00 game this is insane

Which is exactly what I said...the NFL schedules the Bills in these slots to ensure big ratings when they have slots that get worse ratings in the playoffs...same thing happened last year too.

10 hours ago, FrenchConnection said:

I wonder when the peak happened. 

10 hours ago, Orlando Tim said:

Game lasted about 12 hours so some people were tuning in for 60 minutes and just stuck around. 

I'd bet money the peak happened around 4PM when the fans of the other teams starting tuning in to see the evening game. They had to push the 2nd game back to accommodate the long running time.

• Agree 1

Was just gonna post this. America loves the Bills.  How can you not. They're one of the most likeable and exciting teams in the game and watching Allen is like watching Jordan and LeBron in their primes. He has multiple highlight plays per game, im sure he and the team reach the casual audience that other teams can't 

Edited by JerseyBills
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

12 hours ago, 78thealltimegreat said:

Josh was the number 1 selling jersey this year…the Bills have a national following now. They may not be the cowboys but they have every bit the national following after the last few years of a team like the Packers or Steelers 

Bills games are must-see TV.  Bengals game is going to smash all the records too. Bills are the most popular team in the league.

• Agree 4

I guess folks started to tune in hoping to see another upset after the night before. 

22 minutes ago, QCity said:

No, they tuned in to watch their game, and when it wasn't on they switched stations to see what was going on.  Not hard to grasp.

That does make sense. I recall they said they delayed the start of that game by 20 or 30 minutes. By the time the Bills game ended and I switched to the Fox game it was around 10 minutes left in the first quarter. 

I never even realized our game was 4 hours long. Felt like a normal length game to me.

• Agree 1

13 hours ago, UKBillFan said:

Stunning figures but the Divisional scheduling just confuses me more off the back of it. The Bengals-Bills game, with all the background surrounding it, which is sure to grab neutral interest, gets given an afternoon slot? Despite the Bills drawing in the viewers?

To put it simply, I don’t understand that. Plus, why not have the two AFC games play on the same day and the two NFC games play on the same day? As it is, the number one seeds, already coming off a bye, also get an advantage of an extra day’s break too (dependent on whether they beat the Jaguars/Giants).

To me:

would make more sense.

Sunday...maybe the most watched Sunday division round in League history.

The most watched Monday night game in 22 years, which was never finished, is now a playoff game?

Followed by one of the great playoff rivalries (just being honest) of all time being renewed and it isn't just in name only with both teams being pretty good, equal to the highest win total of the weekend...which is the game played earlier that afternoon.

I am unwavering in this now as I have been for many years of my life.

What is my all time favorite sports period?

Without blinking...the divisional round of the NFL playoffs.  Always has been, always will be.

GO BILLS!

Edited by dollars 2 donuts
  • Agree 1

16 hours ago, UKBillFan said:

To me:

would make more sense.

3:00 pm on a Sunday afternoon seems like a pretty prime spot to me for an NFL playoff game.  Giants-Eagles is a big time matchup too between two big market teams.  

Some of it was probably the fact it was a close game (although pretty much every WC game was close going into the 4th aside from DAL/TB).. most of it is the Bills/Allen.

People tune in for QB's.  There's a reason they are so protected.  

Of the Top 5/6 QB's, only Allen & Mahomes are really must watch.. add in Lamar, if you have him ranked that high.  

If you want to torture yourself with this magnificent master piece of a game again it's being replayed on the NFL Network right now.   🙄

17 minutes ago, jkeerie said:

NFL Network replay tonight, Tues, at 8 pm.  Can watch it without palpitations.

Ooopsie  I didn't mean to repeat this  ...

Edited by Marcus Aurelius
  • Like (+1) 1

On 1/16/2023 at 4:47 PM, UKBillFan said:

To me:

would make more sense.

The Chiefs & Eagles had bye weeks, so it's understandable that they would get the Saturday games, since they've had plenty of time off.

49'ers are on the west coast and there is no way they would play their game at Noon Pacific time.

8 hours ago, Mark Vader said:

The Chiefs & Eagles had bye weeks, so it's understandable that they would get the Saturday games, since they've had plenty of time off.

49'ers are on the west coast and there is no way they would play their game at Noon Pacific time.

In fairness, I put the 49ers in primetime!

That's the advantage of the bye. I think having an extra day now matters less than having an extra day heading into next week.

On 1/16/2023 at 7:47 PM, UKBillFan said:

To me:

would make more sense.

No way Giants Eagles isn’t in prime time with markets ##1 and 6.  I spoke with a member of the media about the TV schedule on the way out of the WC game and the consensus among everyone there was that we would land on Sunday afternoon if the Giants won.  I’m dumbfounded by the ratings for our 1p game, but I can’t see how anyone knocks two huge markets out of a prime time playoff game. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.