Bills-Dolphins most watched Wild Card game in 9 years

YoloinOhio

21 minutes ago, SectionC3 said:

No way Giants Eagles isn’t in prime time with markets ##1 and 6.  I spoke with a member of the media about the TV schedule on the way out of the WC game and the consensus among everyone there was that we would land on Sunday afternoon if the Giants won.  I’m dumbfounded by the ratings for our 1p game, but I can’t see how anyone knocks two huge markets out of a prime time playoff game. 

Have to admit, I'm amazed by the rating for Dolphins-Bills too. From a football point of view it'd make more sense to have the AFC on one day and the NFC on the other day. But suppose television is more important than sport.

• Like (+1) 1

21 minutes ago, UKBillFan said:

Have to admit, I'm amazed by the rating for Dolphins-Bills too. From a football point of view it'd make more sense to have the AFC on one day and the NFC on the other day. But suppose television is more important than sport.

We were talking about stacking AFC/NFC on the same day.  I completely agree with you that it is an interesting idea.  Probably doesn't work for TV purposes, though.  Say, for example, the NFC played on Saturday.  The NFL would force Dallas to fly from Dallas to Tampa to Dallas to SF in the course of a week and play on five days' rest.  Not good for competition.  And, the league would waste a huge game (both NFC are going to be massive draws) in an afternoon time slot on a Saturday.  

58 minutes ago, SectionC3 said:

We were talking about stacking AFC/NFC on the same day.  I completely agree with you that it is an interesting idea.  Probably doesn't work for TV purposes, though.  Say, for example, the NFC played on Saturday.  The NFL would force Dallas to fly from Dallas to Tampa to Dallas to SF in the course of a week and play on five days' rest.  Not good for competition.  And, the league would waste a huge game (both NFC are going to be massive draws) in an afternoon time slot on a Saturday.  

Yes, the NFC games would have to be played on Sunday in this scenario, with the AFC games on Saturday, due to the short rest for the Cowboys.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.