Damar Hamlin - Now (1/11/2023) discharged from Buf Gen & “recovering at home”

SDS

I don't even know what to say right now.   I'm more emotional now that I was Monday night.   Tragedies happen every day so I think we tend to build emotional barriers around these events to some extent.   Miracles don't happen every day however.  And what we saw on Monday night was a group of medical professionals bring a man back from the dead live on tv in front of millions of people after laying on that field for 9 minutes without a heart beat.   To find out today against seemingly insurmountable odds that this man may now have a second chance at life thanks to those individuals is just....I have no other words..

• Like (+1) 8
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Beck Water said:

A little note of caution.  What “neurologically intact” probably means in this medical context is they brought him out of sedation, and started talking to him and asking him to respond.  Questions to respond with a blink or hand squeeze if he can feel touch on hands and feet, move hands and feet.

They may have disconnected the vent and trialed if he could breathe on his own.  “Lungs continue to heal” may mean that he’s still on the ventilator.  

Again like having a pulse as he left the field, it’s good.  It’s very very good.  It beats the hell out of the alternative.  

Ir’s a very very very good sign, but at this point may not go as far as “no impairment” to physical or mental abilities.  But 60 hrs post event this is fantastic progress

+1

“ neurologically intact “in this case would likely have been determined from a simple bedside evaluation of things such as movement of extremities and ability to understand and follow commands.   

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Lost said:

I don't even know what to say right now.   I'm more emotional now that I was Monday night.   Tragedies happen every day so I think we tend to build emotional barriers around these events to some extent.   Miracles don't happen every day however.  And what we saw on Monday night was a group of medical professionals bring a man back from the dead live on tv in front of millions of people after laying on that field for 9 minutes without a heart beat.   To find out today against seemingly insurmountable odds that this man may now have a second chance at life thanks to those individuals is just....I have no other words..

boom

• Awesome! (+1) 1

13 minutes ago, PrimeTime101 said:

yea and fly over the medical staff from Cinci while we at it. they had a huge part in this.

they might want them at their game 

but if we meet in the playoffs, both teams staff plus damar would bring the house down in either city 

1 minute ago, NoSaint said:

they might want them at their game 

but if we meet in the playoffs, both teams staff plus damar would bring the house down in either city 

Would like a testimonial game for Damar to be held between the teams as part of the 2023 pre-season.

• Like (+1) 1

23 minutes ago, SageAgainstTheMachine said:

Since Bills Mafia is becoming a legendary fundraising force, can we find something that funds and promotes free CPR classes and send $3 donations in honor of Denny Kellington?

great idea, but make it in honor of the Bills training and medical staff.  Denny Kellington may have done the first chest compressions, but the guy who grabbed his radio and said whatever their word is for cardiac arrest to start the rest of the equipment and team in motion, the guy or gal who protected his neck from being jostled in case of injury, the guy or gal who started unscrewing his face mask for oxygen and cutting off his Jersey and pads so the defibrillator patches could be adhered in the correct locations….they are all heros 

• Like (+1) 9

18 minutes ago, PrimeTime101 said:

yea and fly over the medical staff from Cinci while we at it. they had a huge part in this.

I assume they will be busy, but they should be recognized.  As well as the doctors and nurses at UCMC.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, BRH said:

I tend to compartmentalize so I haven't been overly emotional yet, but now I'm sitting here with tears streaming down my cheeks.  It was @Bills!Win!'s "Heyyy-eyy-ey-eyy" that did it.

Let's hope for continued good news.

I'm not crying, you're crying....seriously this is the greatest New Year gift from God ever.  The first responders and medical staff are our heros. And Damar fighting is the greatest hero.

Edited by LABILLBACKER
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

5 minutes ago, Beck Water said:

great idea, but make it in honor of the Bills training and medical staff.  Denny Kellington may have done the first chest compressions, but the guy who grabbed his radio and said whatever their word is for cardiac arrest to start the rest of the equipment and team in motion, the guy or gal who protected his neck from being jostled in case of injury, the guy or gal who started unscrewing his face mask for oxygen and cutting off his Jersey and pads so the defibrillator patches could be adhered in the correct locations….they are all heros 

Very true.  All that said, you make a specific person’s name and face the avatar of the cause and you raise more moolah.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.