Damar Hamlin - Now (1/11/2023) discharged from Buf Gen & “recovering at home”

SDS

Just now, CincyBillsFan said:

If it's true that the NFL wanted to resume play after a 5 minute break then McDermitt & Taylor having balked at that may have saved the NFL.

IMO the only path froward is to call it a non contest and the Bills/Bengals would only play 16 games. They would use winning percentage to figure out playoff seedings. KC would get the #1 seed with a win next week while the Bills/Bengals would get the #2 & #3 seeds respectively if they win out. The Bengals would still win their division by beating Baltimore. I see no other solution and while it potentially hurts the Bills & Bengals a bit it pales in comparison to what happened tonight.

Should the Bills/Bengals play each other in the playoffs the game would be played on a neutral field.

No way McDermott was going to make his team play. 

• Agree 1

I don't know if the Bills play again this season

1 minute ago, CincyBillsFan said:

If it's true that the NFL wanted to resume play after a 5 minute break then McDermitt & Taylor having balked at that may have saved the NFL.

IMO the only path froward is to call it a non contest and the Bills/Bengals would only play 16 games. They would use winning percentage to figure out playoff seedings. KC would get the #1 seed with a win next week while the Bills/Bengals would get the #2 & #3 seeds respectively if they win out. The Bengals would still win their division by beating Baltimore. I see no other solution and while it potentially hurts the Bills & Bengals a bit it pales in comparison to what happened tonight.

Should the Bills/Bengals play each other in the playoffs the game would be played on a neutral field.

• Agree 3

4 minutes ago, Carmel Corn said:

Poor communication on the part of the league to the many spectators at the game.   At the very least the league should make an official announcement the game is not being played tonight...go home and wait for more details.

I wonder if it took time to get police, security, etc set up to have everyone leave. I mean they need all the traffic things set up like at the end of the game.

8 minutes ago, CEN-CAL17 said:

I’ll be honest… I’m kind of over this season already. Just to think the league wants more games.  Not that it would make a difference in this case but there needs to be a 2nd bye week. These dang players go through so much.

We can make our own bye.

Forfeit this week AND next. Grieve. Rest.

Maybe they’ll be ready to play again for the 1st round. Wouldn’t blame them. 

• Like (+1) 5

3 minutes ago, seattlebillsfan said:

Rather than wait for the NFL to do something rational and humane, perhaps the Bills and Bengals should agree to settle the outcome by coin toss. Simple, fair, and would have the fringe benefit of quieting people like Skip who can be counted on to spout nonsense under any circumstance. 

He’s also a big Buffalo hater and a Josh Allen hater. Idk how this guy is employed as a sports analyst. Hopefully they remove him after this stupid comment 

2 minutes ago, Einstein said:

Makes me sick.

to be fair, the refs didn’t know what the hell they were doing. They treated it like a big injury, and it was essentially immediately remedied. 

no need to search for villains tonight.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 6
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Nextmanup said:

So how about this, as just one of a thousand ways you can handle this:

The game resumes tomorrow at 12:00pm local time.

The score is 7-3 and there are 5 minutes left in the second quarter (or whatever it was).

Why not?

It is going to depend on Hamlin's condition.

1 minute ago, DapperCam said:

I wonder if it took time to get police, security, etc set up to have everyone leave. I mean they need all the traffic things set up like at the end of the game.

there are so many pieces moving. It takes time. Everyone involved is human too. 

id give all involved huge leeway 

• Agree 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

1 minute ago, The Red King said:

It's a logistical nightmare.  A tie gives Cinci the division where a loss gives the Ravens a chance.  A tie puts KC in first seed.  I don't envy the NFL in sorting this.

At the same time I honestly don't care about any of that right now.

Me either, forfeit the game, forfeit Sunday, give us the 3 seed.  None of it matters right now.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

54 minutes ago, scuba guy said:

People at the game around us are all standing holding hands in your section

I will say the Bengals fans looked highly classy.  Looked like they were standing and applauding as the Bills players jogged off the field, the way it was done seemed like it was recognizing them and wishing them well.

• Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

21 minutes ago, todd said:

not accurate. My wife had a vertebral artery dissection. Not a spinal cord injury, but I could see this being that.

I am very worried. I fear this is what happened and I have seen it before too.

• Sad 1

1 minute ago, Nextmanup said:

Oh really?  Gee I didn't get that.

The conversation had moved to how will this play out rolling forward?

If you want to give the Bills a loss and no further game, that's fine.

That's a different issue.

Stopping the game TONIGHT was the right call and a sign of respect.

But this is going to have to be sorted out down the road...and shortly down the road.

Actually, the conversation is not move to that yet. I’m not gonna call you classless, but you are definitely being obtuse.

• Disagree 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, arcane said:

I was worried to see the ambulance, but optimistic that it was a standard precautionary thing we see for neck injuries, that usually turn out to be just caution

Then the camera showed Josh Allen in a panic that you don't see on someone except for on some of the worst days of your life

That will be seared in my brain forever

Keep fighting like hell Damar

yep… right when you saw the players’ faces you knew that it was dire :( :( 

1 minute ago, arcane said:

I was worried to see the ambulance, but optimistic that it was a standard precautionary thing we see for neck injuries, that usually turn out to be just caution

Then the camera showed Josh Allen in a panic that you don't see on someone except for on some of the worst days of your life

That will be seared in my brain forever

Keep fighting like hell Damar

For real.

After seeing Josh, Stef, and Tre... All of the sudden it felt so serious. People get hurt all the time, but the look on their faces was pure trauma, and told you everything you needed to know.

15 mins later, after 9 mins of CPR, as he was being loaded into the ambulance, the whole country knew this game should be cancelled. It took the NFL an hour to come to the same conclusion, after trying to force the teams to play after a mere 5 minute break. My god

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.