Packers release Sammy Watkins

HappyDays

4 hours ago, boyst said:

Poor B word lost his job. Us other little people still have our little jobs 

I give no ***** if Sammy is sad.  He's laughing all the way to the VIP section of the club with his near-$70M career earnings.

12 minutes ago, UmbrellaMan said:

I remember Gabe Davis’s trainer was raving about Sammy in the off-season. Sammy and Gabe apparently trained together. I wouldn’t mind bringing him in for a workout. 

Last time I saw him on the field with Green Bay, he looked like a freakin' tight end.  Fat Kelvin, move over!

Edited by Beck Water

5 hours ago, YoloinOhio said:

I don’t even remember him being there 

Neither do Baltimore fans. I think he started 9 games for them last year.

Pretty bad when Baltimore and the Pack, who need WR the most, can't use your services.

As for fans wanting him back here, for what? Watkins has a career 58% catch percentage.

We are already complaining about dropped passes and injuries. Why add more drops and injuries?

37 minutes ago, Pete said:

We passed on Mack, and traded up from 10 spot(in very deep draft) to draft Sammy.  Whaley said "Sammy is highest rated player on Bills draft board from the past two draft classes'

In Whaley’s defense, many “experts” were calling him the best WR prospect since Calvin Johnson.

40 minutes ago, Pete said:

We passed on Mack, and traded up from 10 spot(in very deep draft) to draft Sammy.  Whaley said "Sammy is highest rated player on Bills draft board from the past two draft classes'

And we used 6 first round picks on him…or was that for Allen? I get so confused with the math some people use around here, especially when it comes to draft picks 

Hard pass.

We have enough weapons on offense. Allen needs better protection, and Dorsey needs to draw up plays where our WRs are not running into eachother downfield and just find ways to setup the right rubs and picks and motion to create confusion that all OCs do to free their WRs. Or better practices if they are not executing plays correctly.

Very few teams can line their WRs up and just have their guys consistently win the 1:1 battles. 

Even the play where we got the sweet DPI on McKenzie we basically had he and Davis running side by side down the field - that can't be the way he drew that play up right? We got the win and that is the important thing, but I have concerns....always :)

image.thumb.png.c718fb70111752fd4bf0555212a4c4cb.png

Edited by WideNine

2 minutes ago, Ralonzo said:

image.thumb.png.f84dfa557f27ce0ccb890ea0dc62e19f.png

image.thumb.png.f84dfa557f27ce0ccb890ea0dc62e19f.png

Yup. Lizard people living on a flat earth, replacing all of us, run for your lives folks…,  Samwa  is one of them, 

4 hours ago, Ya Digg? said:

And we used 6 first round picks on him…or was that for Allen? I get so confused with the math some people use around here, especially when it comes to draft picks 

6?  I though it was 9 1st rd picks- you have to include the original pick so it = 9

• Haha (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.