Updated Beasley signing to practice squad

Niagara Dude

15 minutes ago, TheWei44 said:

Interesting move - At a minimum, it'll shake up the WR locker room.  Hope it doesn't create friction, but it obviously sends a message that the team is a meritocracy: you'll only see the field if you play competently.  Go Bills!  And I can quickly forget all the non-football BS

I sure hope it creates friction. Guys need to stop clowning and concentrate on football and this sends a clear message directly from their QB and leader. There's no such thing as coasting to a championship in the NFL.

I’m glad most are excited about this but I don’t see it. He declined his last year here and was cut from another team’s (a team who sucks right now) practice squad. And he openly stated he didn’t like his time in Buffalo. 

But if it helps at all I’m for it. And I agree that steady hands are desperately needed. 

1 minute ago, dollars 2 donuts said:

Plus, B4, I think it helps get Josh in a rhythm and comfort zone.  It helps, too, with an Oline that has been questionable lately for various reasons, including injuries.

Josh is definitely a rhythm QB.  He gets into a groove and he's unstoppable.  Just got to get him there first.

• Like (+1) 4

After seeing how an All-Pro (Von) can influence young players, might we think that Bease could help with Shakir’s development?  He may just catch the ball and fall down but if Shakir learns how to work against NFL coverages, next year he’s the slot guy.

• Thank you (+1) 1

Well, maybe he can show enough to be elevated from the PS, for more that a game or two, (Tampa bay Bucs) he used to be a really good slot guy for us, I sure hope he still has good hands, because we need that real bad, at least he comes cheap if it doesn’t work out. 

GO BILLS!!!

Edited by Don Otreply
  • Agree 1

2 minutes ago, HappyDays said:

No, I'm just saying it's a bad indicator of where the offensive personnel is at right now. We added Saffold. We added Crowder. We drafted Cook and Shakir. We extended Knox. We left the door open for Davis and McKenzie and Spencer Brown to step into bigger roles. And literally every one of these moves has been a bust. I mean it's really kind of crazy when you think about it.

Cook and Shakir were expected to take a little time to develop. Why do people call rookies busts? Especially when they are backups to more established veterans. They need time to develop.

• Awesome! (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, May Day 10 said:

I have said it numerous times this season.  They miss Beasley big time.  If he can contribute, the offense will be much more efficient

May Day, everything else aside I said around here, "if you want to get rid of Beasley because you think he is washed up, then fine, but you got to replace him and that is not going to be easy."

Many said it would be...it wasn't.  Sure, the Crowder injury didn't help, but those hands, brother...those 164 receptions the last two years, regardless of yards and TDs, are what this team needs so badly right now.

Edited by dollars 2 donuts
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, HappyDays said:

No, I'm just saying it's a bad indicator of where the offensive personnel is at right now. We added Saffold. We added Crowder. We drafted Cook and Shakir. We extended Knox. We left the door open for Davis and McKenzie and Spencer Brown to step into bigger roles. And literally every one of these moves has been a bust. I mean it's really kind of crazy when you think about it.

Beasley is going to be a package player.  The Bills have struggled against 2 deep coverages and that's where Beasley excels.  If he's still got gas in the tank, he'll play against teams when they drop coverage.

McKenzie will go back to playing against man coverages, and Shakir will continue to be a rookie on a 10-3, Super Bowl contending team.

Not every move is a zero-sum game.  

• Like (+1) 1

34 minutes ago, Realist said:

If true, sounds like Josh lost confidence in Gabe and McKenzie.

This team would be 12-1 right now if McKenzie could catch a ball.  He cost us week #3 to the dolphins and week #9 to the Jets.  Something has been off with this offense for the better part of the season.  They can't keep drives going so defenses can play tough on the deep passes and it shuts us down.  The Bills window is open right f@$$ing now and they need to figure this out.  I am pleased they are trying.  

• Like (+1) 6
  • Agree 1

12 minutes ago, Inigo Montoya said:

Imagine a guy getting upset with that group of "fans" who repeatedly denounced him as being ignorant, a cancer, and a murderer for not taking a vaccine that he had concerns about.

Go figure?

His problem was feeling the need to post his every waking thought on social media.  I hope he can lay off that stuff going forward.

how is he still alive is the question 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 2

4 minutes ago, dollars 2 donuts said:

Plus, B4, I think it helps get Josh in a rhythm and comfort zone.  It helps, too, with an Oline that has been questionable lately for various reasons, including injuries.

Hot routes are another area where Beas thrived. Sometimes it feels like JA just doesn’t have the same chemistry with our current crop of WRs (Diggs excluded). 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, muppy said:

**Throws confetti*****  Welcome Back Cole . 🎉

He is definitely rested.  I am guessing he has kept in shape during his time off. I hope he can contribute when called upon. 

I hope our fanbase takes the teams' attitude and leaves the bad past in the past. It's got to be a clean slate and judged by what he can bring to the table TODAY not all the social media drama.

Batten down the hatches if he has a bad start back. I think he will need to prove himself on the field to be FULLY accepted back. 

It speaks to #17 being very loyal and supportive of his past wideouts to say the least!

Muppy...can you imagine if the Bills win a Super Bowl with Jon Brown and Cole Beasley on the sideline?!

Man, if that be the case I would love us to find a way to pick up Jerry Hughes through late season waivers and Kyle Williams unretire and rotate in, maybe even a short yardage TD to boot!!!!!

• Like (+1) 1

I was beasely's biggest critic and I wanted him gone for his antics but lets face it.. we been missing this guy. Josh has been missing this guy.

Mckenzie aint it. I am excited about this. Might just be the spark we needed to get to the top.

Lets go!!!!

Edited by BillsFan692
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, Dopey said:

Cook and Shakir were expected to take a little time to develop. Why do people call rookies busts?

I'm not calling them busts, I'm just saying none of the additions we made on offense have met expectations. It's maybe not fair to expect much from rookies, but in conjunction with the other failures it all adds up to a big disappointment.

• Agree 1

3 minutes ago, DaggersEOD said:

Hot routes are another area where Beas thrived. Sometimes it feels like JA just doesn’t have the same chemistry with our current crop of WRs (Diggs excluded). 

I switched my emoji to a trophy for you on that one, Dagger.  Brother, I didn't even think about that.  Outstanding point.

• Thank you (+1) 1

I wish I was more excited about this. Imagine being told back in August that we would be forced to sign John Brown and Cole Beasley off the street just to try and get some kind of mojo back on offense.

Now imagine hearing you had the second ranked offense and had scored more points than last year.  

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

I wish I was more excited about this. Imagine being told back in August that we would be forced to sign John Brown and Cole Beasley off the street just to try and get some kind of mojo back on offense.

The Brown signing seems like more of a reach. Apparently many teams had interest in Beasley when he signed with Tampa, to me that's a good sign. He's probably in much better game shape than Brown.  Both players had leg injuries their final season in Buffalo and it showed, hopefully the time off has them 100 % healthy and ready to go.

• Like (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, Mark92 said:

This team would be 12-1 right now if McKenzie could catch a ball.  He cost us week #3 to the dolphins and week #9 to the Jets.  Something has been off with this offense for the better part of the season.  They can't keep drives going so defenses can play tough on the deep passes and it shuts us down.  The Bills window is open right f@$$ing now and they need to figure this out.  I am pleased they are trying.  

You know for most of the season they averaged the most yards per drive in the NFL and are currently 2nd right? We also have the fewest punts in the NFL.  I know we have ridiculous and impossible to meet standards but let's give it a rest with this type of silliness.

Edited by Big Turk

3 minutes ago, dollars 2 donuts said:

Muppy...can you imagine if the Bills win a Super Bowl with Jon Brown and Cole Beasley on the sideline?!

Man, if that be the case I would love us to find a way to pick up Jerry Hughes through late season waivers and Kyle Williams unretire and rotate in, maybe even a short yardage TD to boot!!!!!

I can Now hermano 🙂 LOL awesome 

• Haha (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.