No!!! Bradley Chubb to the Dolphins!

Big Turk

I still think Miami is the prime landing spot for Lamar Jackson if/when he hits Free Agency, regardless of what their cap situation currently looks like. They'll throw a Watson-esque guaranteed contract at him because, well, it's Miami. And they'll figure out how to make the cap work around that.

19 minutes ago, NewEra said:

For sure.  The rams have been blowing their wad since the 2016 draft and won a super bowl in 2021 (2022).  It caught up to them prior to their SB season and then again this year, but they’ve been to 2 Super Bowls and won 1.  Like I’ve said (and we all know), there are several paths to building a champion.  The path the dolphins are taking has been travelled before and has Lombardis to show for it.  

They have an extremely talented roster.  Time will tell if the FO is capable of maintaining it….. or capable of winning a super bowl.  The team doesn’t even know if they 💯 have a stud franchise QB and they’re contenders (imo).  Not sure why anyone would frown on what they’ve done other than because they’re scared of them.   The team has been basically nonexistent for decades.  They aren’t anymore

Don't get me wrong.  I take the Dolphins seriously.  Good chance they end up the top Wild Card team.

I know this "Rams SB Path" scheme is the big thing everyone talks about, and I don't discount it has merits but it's far from a sure-fire

way to do it.  As for the SB win, I just have to say playing the Bengals for it was the easiest path they could have asked for.

Chiefs or Bills playing could have been a totally different outcome.

I'm not ready to put the Dolphins as a team, or the moves at the trade deadline, on an equal footing to where the Rams were last year.

As for the future of the Dolphins, my point about maintaining and then improving is tough for every team, including the Bills.

I come back to trusting Beane and McDermott to keep the path open and will need to see Miami prove it can keep pace.

• Like (+1) 2

32 minutes ago, NewEra said:

He looked really good this past week, albeit vs a terrible lions D.  He seems to be improving.  Will he be able to stay healthy is my biggest questions surrounding whether or not they should pay him.  

I think his stats are very deceiving.  I don't see a QB who's figured it out, doesn't throw guys open, and doesn't have the arm strength to fit ball into tight windows more than 15 yards down field.  He's been a product of a great system so far. 

Just my opinion

• Like (+1) 1

46 minutes ago, Generic_Bills_Fan said:

The 2022 dolphins are not nearly as complete a team as last years rams.   They don’t have enough capital to fill in the offensive line and some other big holes now and I think tyreek will be on the downswing by the time they can put all the pieces together.  I don’t want to call their offense gimmicky per se but you pretty much know it’s going to be quick passes in the middle of the field with tua at qb and I don’t see them sneaking through a tough AFC playoff in the short term where good defenses will know exactly what’s coming 

if the defense didn’t take a big step back after the departure of Flores maybe it would be a different story 

I realize this.  Doesn’t change my point.

16 minutes ago, ColoradoBills said:

Don't get me wrong.  I take the Dolphins seriously.  Good chance they end up the top Wild Card team.

I know this "Rams SB Path" scheme is the big thing everyone talks about, and I don't discount it has merits but it's far from a sure-fire

way to do it.  As for the SB win, I just have to say playing the Bengals for it was the easiest path they could have asked for.

Chiefs or Bills playing could have been a totally different outcome.

I'm not ready to put the Dolphins as a team, or the moves at the trade deadline, on an equal footing to where the Rams were last year.

As for the future of the Dolphins, my point about maintaining and then improving is tough for every team, including the Bills.

I come back to trusting Beane and McDermott to keep the path open and will need to see Miami prove it can keep pace.

Definitely.  No game plan is surefire.  Including Beanes.  Lots of variables.  I like that Beane is building to take advantage of that fact.  He’s trying to give us the best shot at winning this year but not at the expense of taking us out of the running for entire seasons at a time.  If we’re a top 5 team in each of the next 10 years, I think we’ll win a super bowl or more.  

but we have Josh Allen.  Miami doesn’t.  When you don’t have a Qb that can carry you, the game plan should be different than of ours imo.  

Edited by NewEra
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

Miami is definitely stacking talent and helping turn the AFC East into the premier division in our conference.

However, I'm still not too worried about beating them in head-to-head match ups where they arent harnessing the power of 1,000,0000+ nuclear bombs to slow down the Bills.

The one thing I AM kinda, sorta worried about is the fact that the NFL would love to have Miami, as a market, succeed. And the Super Bowl storyline of "The Battle of Bama-teammate QBs, Hurts v Tua", might be so tempting that the Phins start getting all the calls in games and in the playoffs.

Other than that, with neutral or Buffalo weather, we crush them.

19 hours ago, Virgil said:

I think the Tua situation will be easy to manager for them, unfortunately for us.  If I'm them, I let him play out his contract and even test FA.  I don't see another team throwing a lot of money at him.  Tua looks to be benefiting from the system and those around him, not a guy you can put on any team and make them better.  He will still get paid, but as of right now, I don't think he breaks top 10 money.  Therefor, I don't think the Dolphins are in any rush to sign him.

Fortunately for us, they won't have the money to pursue a Lamar if he becomes available.  

If Tua continues on the pace he has been on this year and next then the Phins are extending him and he is getting top 5 money whatever that is at the time. I keep saying it but that is just the way the QB market works. Dallas baulked at paying Dak $33m AAV because it would have made him, at the time the 3rd highest paid QB in football they waited two years, ended up paying him $40m AAV and guess what he became the 3rd highest paid QB in football. A year and a week after he signed that deal he was the 9th highest paid QB in football. Which feels much more appropriate. That's the market. 

20 hours ago, ColoradoBills said:

As for draft picks they have blown their wad, so going forward they're behind the curve.

2023:  2,3,3,6,7.

2024:  1,2,5,6,7.

They have a good team but will have to work hard to maintain it.

Given the talent they have already added, and Tua looking more than just serviceable, that is not a bad slate for next two drafts. 

With no #1 next year, they have to ride with Tua and hope that he stays healthy. But clearly, they are not going to be walkovers for this season and next. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

21 hours ago, Virgil said:

I think his stats are very deceiving.  I don't see a QB who's figured it out, doesn't throw guys open, and doesn't have the arm strength to fit ball into tight windows more than 15 yards down field.  He's been a product of a great system so far. 

Just my opinion

Maybe but throwing for a lot of yards and Waddle and Hill are hard to cover. This is a good team and not sure why many are dismissing them. Nothing wrong with being a product of a great system. Seems to be working well right now

• Like (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, No_Matter_What said:

Contract details are on Sportrac.

https://www.spotrac.com/nfl/miami-dolphins/bradley-chubb-25100/

Looks like a good deal for Dolphins to me. Basically 23M cap hit each year, and they can get out of it quite easily in 2024 already (unless I am misinterpreting something).

All depends on if you think he is the 6th best vet Edge rusher AND he stays healthy.

8 minutes ago, No_Matter_What said:

Contract details are on Sportrac.

https://www.spotrac.com/nfl/miami-dolphins/bradley-chubb-25100/

Looks like a good deal for Dolphins to me. Basically 23M cap hit each year, and they can get out of it quite easily in 2024 already (unless I am misinterpreting something).

A good deal would have been 15-18M cap hit, but we'll see how it works for them 

On 11/3/2022 at 10:41 AM, Heels20X6 said:

I have been saying this for years...to find a franchise QB is extremely difficult.  You draft one, he comes a superstar and needs to be paid like one, and then that handicaps the ability to build the rest of the team.  I think if the rule was even "if you draft a QB, he doesn't count against the cap" would go a long way in making the game better.

The owners will never do this because the cap is in place to save them from themselves.

If you allow a rich guy to have any advantage over other rich guys, they’ll get themselves into trouble because being good at competition is how they got to be rich guys.

This is why the AFL-NFL merger came about - the owners were killing each other financially in spite of themselves. 

Dolphins are poised to a make a serious run and they will have a ton of momentum if the Bills lose against the Vikings and they can seize control of first place in the division again.

They already have one of the best offenses in the league with a QB having an MVP season and if that defense starts to come together with Chubb look out.

• Haha (+1) 3

• 1 month later...
6 minutes ago, Dave_Bills said:

Didn’t see much of Chubb last night

He’s a player with name recognition. Look at his stats closely. He really hasn’t done anything all that good in quite some time.

The Broncos made out in that trade.

Edited by Beast
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

3 hours ago, Rigotz said:

The Dolphins have no 1st or 4th or 5th or 6th round pick next year, but they do have two thirds.

The following year they have no 3rd and 4th because of the Chubb trade and TAMPERING.

Tyreek trade is gonna bite them.  He’ll be on the decline and waddles rookie contract will be up by the time they can put the missing pieces together 

Quick check of Fins fans, and they are furious over this trade now.  

They went all in on Tua and he’s turned into a pumpkin. 

The Chubb trade further decimated any ability they have to get a QB in the draft, and they can go after a FA QB, but they’re not exactly flush with cap space.  

• Agree 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

On 11/11/2022 at 4:59 PM, FilthyBeast said:

Dolphins are poised to a make a serious run and they will have a ton of momentum if the Bills lose against the Vikings and they can seize control of first place in the division again.

They already have one of the best offenses in the league with a QB having an MVP season and if that defense starts to come together with Chubb look out.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 1

55 minutes ago, SCBills said:

Quick check of Fins fans, and they are furious over this trade now.  

They went all in on Tua and he’s turned into a pumpkin. 

The Chubb trade further decimated any ability they have to get a QB in the draft, and they can go after a FA QB, but they’re not exactly flush with cap space.  

i would love to know what was going through the minds of every Dolphins fan and executive when Chubb couldn’t even close the gap between him and Josh on that sideline throw just before the half. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, BRH said:

i would love to know what was going through the minds of every Dolphins fan and executive when Chubb couldn’t even close the gap between him and Josh on that sideline throw just before the half. 

I know what was going through Bills fans minds … no Josh, no Josh, no Josh …. YES Josh!!!!!!

• Like (+1) 1

On 11/11/2022 at 4:59 PM, FilthyBeast said:

Any updates on this?

• Haha (+1) 8

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.