Bye Week Dreaming - Who would you want to face in the Super Bowl?

Doc Brown

Preferred Super Bowl Opponent If We Make It  

132 members have voted

1. 1. Who would you most want to face (based on current standings)?

• Eagles
    • Vikings
    • Buccaneers
    • 49ers
    • Giants
    • Cowboys
    • Packers
    • Other

Would be interested to see who you'd want to play and why.

I'm the vindictive type.  I don't mind the Eagles, Giants, Vikings, 49ers, or Packers (besides Rodgers) so I would get little satisfaction in beating them.  You could find a lot of cool story lines with some shared history with those teams but I'm out for blood.

It would come down to Tompa Bay and the Cowboys for me.  The two Super Bowl losses in the 90's and crushing an old man's sole would be more satisfying than beating a decrepit Brady (who already has seven Super Bowl's anyways).  I'd prefer an absolute shellacking (52-17) with Allen throwing 5 TD's and winning the league and Super Bowl MVP.  I want close ups of Jerry Jones crying in the box with a teary eyed Michael Irvin trying to console him.

• Like (+1) 4

I chose the Buccaneers because I would enjoy seeing Brady sent off into retirement with a loss to the Bills in the superbowl..

But that also means I have to root for the Buccaneers to make the Superbowl 🤢   The Giants would be another interesting one.  

• Disagree 1
  • Agree 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 2

Eagles, Vikings, 49ers, Packers I think would all be great. Maybe Vikings the most, since they've never won one either.

26 minutes ago, Adam727 said:

I chose the Buccaneers because I would enjoy seeing Brady sent off into retirement with a loss to the Bills in the superbowl..

But that also means I have to root for the Buccaneers to make the Superbowl 🤢   The Giants would be another interesting one.  

Good storylines for sure, but no thank you. I don't want to even entertain the idea that Brady or Daboll win won over the Bills. I have nothing against Daboll, I'd just be super jealous if he wins won over the Bills in his first year after leaving the team

• Like (+1) 1

we will smash every one of those teams.  I don't care whom we play.  If people think Philly is all that, bring them on. Bills by a Bazillion.

Bills are superior to every team in the NFL.  IMO every team is intimidated by Buffalo and Josh.  If this team can stay healthy, they will be revered like the 2001 Ravens, 85 Bears, 2007 Pats

Edited by Pete
  • Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, Doc Brown said:

I'm the vindictive type.  I don't mind the Eagles, Giants, Vikings, 49ers, or Packers (besides Rodgers) so I would get little satisfaction in beating them.  You could find a lot of cool story lines with some shared history with those teams but I'm out for blood.

It would come down to Tompa Bay and the Cowboys for me.  The two Super Bowl losses in the 90's and crushing an old man's sole would be more satisfying than beating a decrepit Brady (who already has seven Super Bowl's anyways).  I'd prefer an absolute shellacking (52-17) with Allen throwing 5 TD's and winning the league and Super Bowl MVP.  I want close ups of Jerry Jones crying in the box with a teary eyed Michael Irvin trying to console him.

holy cow...this crew is getting ahead of themselves

• Disagree 1

3 hours ago, Doc Brown said:

I voted TB, but after reading this I think you’re right. The Cowboys would be a better win. I don’t want the Vikings though. The run up would all be about the two franchises that are 0-4 in the SB are facing one another.  No thank you. 

5 minutes ago, BarleyNY said:

I voted TB, but after reading this I think you’re right. The Cowboys would be a better win. I don’t want the Vikings though. The run up would all be about the two franchises that are 0-4 in the SB are facing one another.  No thank you. 

For me that's a whole lot better than hearing about jackoffs like Brady, Jerry Jones, and Dak Prescott...

• Agree 1

I voted for the Vikings.

They are the only team on the list who hasn't won a Super Bowl.  

Can't believe how many people said the Bucs.  The entire two weeks of lead-up would be torture, worrying about the possibility of losing to Tom Brady.  Even if we won, how could anyone stand seeing Brady in yet another Super Bowl?  And it sure would be tempting for the refs to give the old man a few breaks, so he could go out on top one more time.  No thanks.

• Agree 2

42 minutes ago, mjt328 said:

I voted for the Vikings.

They are the only team on the list who hasn't won a Super Bowl.  

Can't believe how many people said the Bucs.  The entire two weeks of lead-up would be torture, worrying about the possibility of losing to Tom Brady.  Even if we won, how could anyone stand seeing Brady in yet another Super Bowl?  And it sure would be tempting for the refs to give the old man a few breaks, so he could go out on top one more time.  No thanks.

The entire two weeks of lead-up would be bliss imagining the possibility of beating Tom Brady. Plus all the hoopla of "is this his last game" would take the focus off of us. Plus Josh could do what Mahomes could not: beat Tom Brady in a Super Bowl. Gimme the Bucs.

Edited by NORWOODS FOOT

4 hours ago, Adam727 said:

I'd rather Teflon™ T*m miss playoffs being beat and beaten up in last game of regular season.

I prefer Vikings because they have not won Superbowl and they would have 5 losses which everyone would talk about.

13 minutes ago, NORWOODS FOOT said:

The entire two weeks of lead-up would be bliss imagining the possibility of beating Tom Brady. Plus all the hoopla of "is this his last game" would take the focus off of us. Plus Josh could do what Mahomes could not: beat Tom Brady in a Super Bowl. Gimme the Bucs.

I'm an old-timer who still has PTSD from the 90s Super Bowls.

Guessing by your username, maybe you have managed to get over it.  

Until the Bills finally get that monkey off their back and hoist the Lombardi, I will be more worried about them blowing it.

Doing that with Tom Brady would be the worst thing.  Ever.

I picked the Bucs, because who doesn't want to throttle Brady's head in the biggest game of the year and have our linemen after the game FORCE HIM to shake hands with Josh.

However, and I never want to see players injured, but I would be OK if Dak has to sit for the year, the Cowboys trade for Brady and the Cowboys make it to the SB...just so satisfying on many levels.

49 minutes ago, mjt328 said:

I'm an old-timer who still has PTSD from the 90s Super Bowls.

Guessing by your username, maybe you have managed to get over it.  

Until the Bills finally get that monkey off their back and hoist the Lombardi, I will be more worried about them blowing it.

Doing that with Tom Brady would be the worst thing.  Ever.

I was tuned in for each one of those Super Bowl losses. To me, Scott Norwood's foot is like our unlucky rabbit's foot that started 30 years of misery being a Bills fan.

My perspective nowadays on football is that the game simply reveals the truth and that each team, most of the time, simply gets exactly what they deserve.

Ignoring the factors of unavoidable injuries and bad refereeing, I believe the game is simply the revelation of a team's talent, smarts, tenacity, and preparation.

If the Bills get to the Super Bowl again and lose it's because they didn't deserve to win it, unless the game is decided by shady refereeing or a freak injury.

If we get there I would like for it to be against the best team or best players that we can possibly play against. The victory would be all the more sweet for it.

And if we truly deserve it that Lombardi trophy will be ours no matter what.

Edited by NORWOODS FOOT

7 hours ago, Doc Brown said:

What did Jerry Jone's feet ever do to you? 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.