Fans greeting returning team at the airport (as we do...)

JÂy RÛßeÒ

Glad Von Miller got to experience this.

It’ll only help him to love Buffalo even more than he already does, and help his recruitment pitch. I can only imagine what he’s saying to OBJ…

I think Von Miller is going to be a good recruiter for Buffalo. He’s extremely well respected among his NFL peers. I mean, obviously Josh Allen’s play on the field will probably be the biggest factor, but still…

• Like (+1) 11
  • Agree 1

Just now, Back2Buff said:

Cringe worthy.

Do people forget the Bills beat the Chiefs last year and went on to lose the 2 of next 3, including one to Jacksonville?  Winning this game is great, but need to stay up for every game.

Yup, I get its unique, but its still just one game on the schedule that the Bills have to win to want to get where their going. We have to stop treating these guys like the 2017 Bills or the Bills who beat the Patriots in Week 3. Their good, they know their good, we know their good. Save that hype for the playoffs and hopefully Super Bowl Parade. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Vomit 2
  • Eyeroll 2
  • Dislike 4

5 minutes ago, BillsFan4 said:

Glad Von Miller got to experience this.

It’ll only help him to love Buffalo even more than he already does, and help his recruitment pitch. I can only imagine what he’s saying to OBJ…

I think Von Miller is going to be a good recruiter for Buffalo. He’s extremely well respected among his NFL peers. I mean, obviously Josh Allen’s play on the field will probably be the biggest factor, but still…

What's a little surprising to me is how much OBJ is loved and respected around the league.  Literally everyone wants him on their team, and that's coming from the other great players...Rodgers is cool with him and they are friends even.

4 minutes ago, Back2Buff said:

Cringe worthy.

Do people forget the Bills beat the Chiefs last year and went on to lose the 2 of next 3, including one to Jacksonville?  Winning this game is great, but need to stay up for every game.

Last year was last year.  Von Miller was brought in, in large part to ensure that doesn't happen again as much as he was to close out games.  

The Bills also learned a lot last year and they were necessary lessons to learn.

Edited by Big Turk

I personally wouldn’t do it after a reg season game but to me this is similar to fans rushing the field for college games. People say it is cringe but I say let the fans have fun, if they want to do it who is anyone to tell them they shouldn’t. Life sucks a lot of the time, and these fans have been through a lot of *****. when times are good, no reason to act like you don’t care just to look cool.

• Like (+1) 17
  • Agree 5
  • Awesome! (+1) 4
  • Thank you (+1) 5

24 minutes ago, Back2Buff said:

Cringe worthy.

Aaaaaand there it is.

You knew what the thread was about.  You know how you feel about it.  Yet you spent the time and energy SOLELY to come here and put your dicktitude on full display.

Nice work.

Edited by Gugny
  • Like (+1) 9
  • Disagree 1
  • Agree 6
  • Haha (+1) 11
  • Awesome! (+1) 6
  • Thank you (+1) 5

3 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

I personally wouldn’t do it after a reg season game but to me this is similar to fans rushing the field for college games. People say it is cringe but I say let the fans have fun, if they want to do it who is anyone to tell them they shouldn’t. Life sucks a lot of the time, and these fans have been through a lot of *****. when times are good, no reason to act like you don’t care just to look cool.

100% correct.  We live in the era of joy killers.  

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

17 minutes ago, Back2Buff said:

Cringe worthy.

People saying cringe worthy is cringe worthy.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 5
  • Haha (+1) 4
  • Thank you (+1) 1

19 minutes ago, Back2Buff said:

Cringe worthy.

“Fan” is literally short for “fanatic.” Live and let live.

Some say wearing another person’s name on your back is cringe, but they’ll have to pry my Von and Bruce jerseys from my cold, dead fingers. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

I love that the fans do this.  It is a unique trademark in all of sports.  It'd be one thing if you were waiting on a mild night in Miami.  But this is raw and cold Buffalo in Oct-Jan and late at night and yet fans come out to tell the team that what they do matters to our area.  They matter.  Rock on.

• Like (+1) 5

12 minutes ago, Back2Buff said:

Cringe worthy.

All the Bills players seem to love it. They all rave about how cool it is to have the fans meet them at the airport.

Also, this team seems different than last year. They seem more focused and dialed in. They also seem more even keel. Not getting too high or too low after a win/loss. There really seems to be huge buy in on the whole “every week is the most important game on the schedule because it’s the next game” mentality. Josh Allen seems to be leading the charge. He has really matured as a leader on and off the field. He seems soo dialed in on taking it one week at a time. He did an interview after a win recently and he was so focused on that week’s game he legitimately didn’t even know who the next team on the schedule was. I think it might have even been last week. The interviewer was asking him about the hype for their next game+opponent and Josh said “hand to god, I didn’t even know we played them next week”.

Listen to him after last night’s game. 

I don’t think it’s an act. I think he’s just maturing as a leader.

The maturation of Allen + Diggs as leaders and bringing Von Miller in, as well as the overall growth of the team really seems to have them in a good place mentally.

I am cautiously optimistic that we won’t have our annual stretch of games where they play like crap. I’m sure there will be a game here and there where they don’t perform at peak capacity. But we’ve yet to see a game where they didn’t play well for the entire game. When they’ve had stretches of bad play in a game they’ve been able to adjust and overcome it IN GAME. That hasn’t always happened in the past. Our half time adjustments this year have been excellent on both sides of the ball.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

27 minutes ago, hemma said:

I can’t begin to imagine what happens if we win the SB.

They won't have to schedule a parade. One will just happen by itself that will stretch the entire county and last for days.

Edited by PromoTheRobot
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

27 minutes ago, hemma said:

I can’t begin to imagine what happens if we win the SB.

Fans will probably catch the plane as it lands.

15 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

I get this one, probably the biggest regular season win besides the one that secures the division/playoff spot.

21 minutes ago, Back2Buff said:

Cringe worthy.

I'm sure there will be some little pitfalls here and there. It's a long season and grind. The players are human. However, I'm confident this team will be ready to play each week. They are on a mission. Those 13 seconds have ignited a firestorm. Imho, the only team that stops the Bills from winning is themselves. I can taste that Lombardi Trophy. Sorry for the rant. Too early for this...

26 minutes ago, Back2Buff said:

Cringe worthy.

Apples and oranges. The Chiefs were in a mini free fall when we beat them last year before they eventually got back on track, and this year's Bills team hasn't shown the propensity for distraction that plaqued them for the first 3/4 of last season. This was a game between 2 great teams playing good football. This is a much more meaningful win than the one last season, IMO. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

37 minutes ago, Back2Buff said:

Cringe worthy.

You're a lot of fun at a party, I Just Know It.

Like a group of fans showing up and cheering when the team arrives at the airport is going to impact how the players prep for and approach the next games?  Did you think they were gonna run right home and start watching video last night, and maybe an extra few minutes of drive time home will impact those games?

Edited by Beck Water

30 minutes ago, gonzo1105 said:

Yup, I get its unique, but its still just one game on the schedule that the Bills have to win to want to get where their going. We have to stop treating these guys like the 2017 Bills or the Bills who beat the Patriots in Week 3. Their good, they know their good, we know their good. Save that hype for the playoffs and hopefully Super Bowl Parade. 

Or fans can be hyped for both if they want.

This literally hurts nobody. Fans are excited. Let them have fun. You and me might not choose to do this, but does that make us more holy? No.

• Like (+1) 1

33 minutes ago, gonzo1105 said:

If people want to do it, more power to them.  Maybe it brings them joy.  And I bet the players really appreciate it.  I don't see a downside at all.  Except for super grumpy people who hate anything that is fun.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1

40 minutes ago, MiltonWaddams said:

As much as I think it’s a little bit much to do this during the regular season, it perfectly illustrates the amount that this team means to the people of Buffalo. If people love doing it, I’m sure the players love seeing it so keep it up.

The Players seem to love it - with guys like Quentin Morris calling for it.

I think it means a lot to these guys after a big win.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 2

Just now, Rochesterfan said:

The Players seem to love it - with guys like Quentin Morris calling for it.

I think it means a lot to these guys after a big win.

And to some folks who think the players will somehow get too high on themselves, I think these type of fan reactions actually motivate the players to play harder.  It shows how much this team means to the fans.  Allen talks about it all the time.  How he wants to bring a SB to Buffalo.  I personally probably would not go to the airport, but I think it's cool that folks do.

• Like (+1) 2

3 minutes ago, Johnnycage46 said:

If people want to do it, more power to them.  Maybe it brings them joy.  And I bet the players really appreciate it.  I don't see a downside at all.  Except for super grumpy people who hate anything that is fun.

I think, a couple years back when the airport security/local police weren't prepared for it, it was a bit out of control.   Fans were right up against the cars, videoing in the windows, banging on the cars.  One of the players said his car was left dented.  Someone could have easily gotten hurt.

But it looked like there was more preparation and crowd control this time, with some space between the crowd and the cars, and the cars able to drive safely, so where is the harm?  The fans want to do it and enjoy it, the players seem to appreciate it, what's the problem?

• Agree 1

3 minutes ago, Johnnycage46 said:

And to some folks who think the players will somehow get too high on themselves, I think these type of fan reactions actually motivate the players to play harder.  It shows how much this team means to the fans.  Allen talks about it all the time.  How he wants to bring a SB to Buffalo.  I personally probably would not go to the airport, but I think it's cool that folks do.

I agree, but after I saw the Morris post and the flight delay - I actually thought - I have time from Rochester to make it.

This was not the game, but it is something I love about the fans - they show out and Heck we deserve this as much as anyone.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

48 minutes ago, Back2Buff said:

Cringe worthy.

Thank you for the requisite "Remember the Jags!!!" kick in the shorts we all need...

• Haha (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.