Christian McCaffrey rumors

Steel City Mafia

2 hours ago, FormerlyPT5P said:

Apparently Cam Akers is likely to be dealt out of LA. I liked him a lot from what I saw in the playoffs last year.

I'm happy enough with motor but Cam's my guy if we're shopping. Young, not much mileage, rookie deal, runs like a maniac

Akers is cooked. Achilles injury after effects are showing up.

He had some weird reprieve at the end of last season, but the law of averages is storming back.

1 hour ago, Solomon Grundy said:

CMC makes ESPN #1 Top plays

160 yards of offense today on a garbage offense

• Like (+1) 1

7 hours ago, Dafan said:

Was Moss injured?  The fact that he didn't play at all does make me wonder.

There's some rumors floating around that he was inactive to insure he's healthy for trade to Carolina in very near future

7 hours ago, John from Riverside said:

We need to save our money to resign Gabe Davis

You can get out of McCaffrey's current deal next year via trade or restructure 

9 hours ago, FormerlyPT5P said:

Apparently Cam Akers is likely to be dealt out of LA. I liked him a lot from what I saw in the playoffs last year.

I'm happy enough with motor but Cam's my guy if we're shopping. Young, not much mileage, rookie deal, runs like a maniac

Achilles 

• Agree 1

CMC had 13 runs 69 yards & 7 catches 89 yards yesterday.  

I like Devin....but defenses having to game plan for CMC would put this offense on another level 

2 minutes ago, BillsFanSD said:

Eh, Moss is always a good candidate for a healthy scratch.  I wouldn't read anything into it.

Maybe, but he hadn't been inactive yet.....the Bills view Moss as our best pass blocker so it's curious he wouldn't play against a team that likes to bring some heavy blitz 

Edited by Warriorspikes51
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

This isn't CMC related but it does involve the Panthers. Robby Anderson got into a heated exchange with his WR's coach yesterday. Their HC told Anderson to hit the showers while they were still playing. It was similar AB situation with the Bucs when he left the field mid game. Have to think the Panthers are looking to trade him as well.

Just now, Greg S said:

This isn't CMC related but it does involve the Panthers. Robby Anderson got into a heated exchange with his WR's coach yesterday. Their HC told Anderson to hit the showers while they were still playing. It was similar AB situation with the Bucs when he left the field mid game. Have to think the Panthers are looking to trade him as well.

Haha I saw that. I think Robbie ruined his trade value. They'll be lucky to get a 7th 

• Like (+1) 1

7 hours ago, Warriorspikes51 said:

I like Devin....but defenses having to game plan for CMC would put this offense on another level 

Maybe, but he hadn't been inactive yet.....the Bills view Moss as our best pass blocker so it's curious he wouldn't play against a team that likes to bring some heavy blitz 

Moss was inactive because they wanted cover for Knox, just in case. That's from McDermott, answering a question in his recent PC. Moss isn't on any sh1t list, it was just an offensive numbers game.

• Thank you (+1) 1

17 hours ago, FormerlyPT5P said:

Doesn’t a 2nd year guy on a Super Bowl champ whining about his usage to the point where the coach has publicly said he is probably done as a Ram throw up any yellow flags for you?

Edited by 4merper4mer

28 minutes ago, 4merper4mer said:

Doesn’t a 2nd year guy on a Super Bowl champ whining about his usage to the point where the coach has publicly said he is probably done as a Ram throw up any yellow flags for you?

Agree. I really liked Cam Akers as a potential draftee a year or so back. Power runner with some speed.

But some folks don't understand, or don't want to acknowledge how much of a career killer an Achilles injury is.

There are some outliers, but most of the players who recovered are super stars who end up being (+) players after one.

The Rams have the 2nd worst rush attack in the NFL and 2nd worst YPC in the NFL.

Akers has only started 2 games and has a 3.0 YPC.

He is cooked

59 minutes ago, Buddo said:

Moss was inactive because they wanted cover for Knox, just in case. That's from McDermott, answering a question in his recent PC. Moss isn't on any sh1t list, it was just an offensive numbers game.

Hopefully Knox will just in case need cover but not actually need it for the rest of the season.

• Haha (+1) 1

14 minutes ago, Steel City Mafia said:

Really hope the Bills don't make this move despite these speculative odds.

One team on there that's an interesting fit is the Patriots and that would honestly make them pretty dangerous considering how successful belichik has been with a physical running game in years past and they are ramping that up again in recent weeks which has been a big part of their current 2 game win streak.

Rams seem like the most logical fit though given how much they love wasting draft picks and pressure to repeat this year.

• Disagree 1

On 10/17/2022 at 8:39 AM, Warriorspikes51 said:

Pretty sure McD specifically said Moss was inactive because the Bills were worried about Knox and his foot and getting through the game - so they had to have Knox, Morris, and Sweeney active.  

He gave a very direct and specific answer when asked why Moss was inactive and what do you tell guys.  He was clear in that he liked what he has done, but this was a numbers need for an extra TE with Knox.

Now you can choose to believe that or not, but he was clear it had nothing to do with a trade.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1

I saw where the Chiefs restructured Kelsey’s contract.  CMC a possible target?  Should Bean trade for him in order to not only better the team but to potentially keep CMC from going to the Chiefs? 

https://www.google.com/amp/s/profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2022/10/18/chiefs-create-cap-space-by-restructuring-travis-kelces-contract/amp/

• Disagree 2

On 10/16/2022 at 8:43 PM, BADOLBILZ said:

Nah.  It just doesn't ACTUALLY work out that a great offense adds a RB and the player suddenly becomes much better.   That's "on paper" thinking that doesn't regularly translate onto the field.   If it did, then good teams would be regularly trading second round picks for big name RB's from the struggling, dumb teams that used first round picks on them.

This reminds me of the people who thought our defense wasn't bad last year (and it wasn't).  That replacing Hughes with Von was "on paper" thinking.

Singletary, like Hughes, is decent, even pretty good.  But replacing decent with Excellent in certain spots, moves the needle.  The D moved.  The O with McCaffery would be next level good.

• Like (+1) 3

2 minutes ago, Einstein's Dog said:

This reminds me of the people who thought our defense wasn't bad last year (and it wasn't).  That replacing Hughes with Von was "on paper" thinking.

Singletary, like Hughes, is decent, even pretty good.  But replacing decent with Excellent in certain spots, moves the needle.  The D moved.  The O with McCaffery would be next level good.

Are you seriously comparing the impact of a RB to that of an elite pass rusher?    That would not be very intelligent.

Your running back is the least important player on the offense or the defense.........the difference between a good one and a great one is a fraction of a yard per touch.........that most certainly doesn't move the needle when your QB can throw for 300-400 yards.

Pass rusher is second only to QB in impact.

Follow the money.  

All the RB's who have been signed to 8 figure AAV second deals in recent years have made their teams look very dumb for doing so........including the Panthers.

• Thank you (+1) 1

2 hours ago, McMuffin said:

I saw where the Chiefs restructured Kelsey’s contract.  CMC a possible target?  Should Bean trade for him in order to not only better the team but to potentially keep CMC from going to the Chiefs? 

https://www.google.com/amp/s/profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2022/10/18/chiefs-create-cap-space-by-restructuring-travis-kelces-contract/amp/

Or the Eagles.  

1 hour ago, BADOLBILZ said:

Are you seriously comparing the impact of a RB to that of an elite pass rusher?    That would not be very intelligent.

Your running back is the least important player on the offense or the defense.........the difference between a good one and a great one is a fraction of a yard per touch.........that most certainly doesn't move the needle when your QB can throw for 300-400 yards.

Follow the money.  

All the RB's who have been signed to 8 figure AAV second deals in recent years have made their teams look very dumb for doing so........including the Panthers.

They may be least important......that doesn't mean you don't want a great one.  

The Jets are 4-2 because of Breece Hall.  Who we should have been moving up into late RD 1 to get after the Elam pick.  We'd have Hall over Cook and no need for CMC.  

RBs like this change games.  We don't have to do anything different on O.  We don't have to run it more.  We just have to be efficient.  Singletary and CMC combo would be fantastic.  

CMC isn't 23 year old CMC anymore but he's still elite.  

• Like (+1) 2
  • Vomit 1
  • Disagree 1
  • Dislike 1

2 hours ago, HOUSE said:

Well, here we go again..

This is nothing more then our yearly trade deadline tease. Happens every year and I have NEVER SEEN EVEN ONE HAPPEN..

Every deal that Beane makes is a COMPLETE SURPRISE...Diggs, Von Miller, any rumors about  possibly coming to the Bills??

If you see multiple articles about a player rumored to Buffalo, throw it on the manure pile ..

While I don't disagree with you really on this premise...Antonio Brown says hi :)

1 hour ago, BADOLBILZ said:

Follow the money.  

In terms of capital investment, those numbers will always be highest for QB, Tackle, and DE.  No doubt about it.

But you can't sit here and diminish the value of a RB while Saquan Barkley is turning Daniel Jones into a winning QB and playoff QB despite him be average at best.  Saquan is carrying that offense and is a big reason why they are 5-1.  Had they traded Saquan in the offseason they would probably be 1-5 right now instead.

An elite RB can absolutely move the needle for a team.  I mean if you put CMC on the Bills, all the betting odds on us get even better and we are already the favorite.  Put him on KC, and they will close the gap or even become the betting favorite over us.  Put him on SF and they suddenly look like the team to beat in the NFC.  

Should a team build around a RB, of course not, that is a much harder way to win in the modern NFL.  It's possible, but you are going to need a great OL and a great Defense and a solid QB just to have a chance.  

But anyone devaluing what CMC would bring to this offense is kidding themselves  I am a fan of Devin, and I have defended him many times against the over exaggerated crap he gets around here.  But even I know CMC potentially makes our offense historically good and damn near unstoppable.  

And for the record...the guy you responded to wasn't comparing a DE to a RB.  He was comparing the situations.  Going from a good to great player significantly moved the needle on defense in upgrading from Hughes to Von.  He was saying upgrading from Devin to CMC could have the same significant impact for the offense.  

And for the record:  I do not think we trade for McCaffrey.  I think Beane called, found the price to be too rich, and that was that.  They will most likely find another suitor willing to give more than Beane is.  And I am totally fine with Devin, but also fine and would be excited if we surprised and did land CMC.

Edited by Alphadawg7
  • Like (+1) 4

12 minutes ago, Big Blitz said:

They may be least important......that doesn't mean you don't want a great one.  

The Jets are 4-2 because of Breece Hall.  Who we should have been moving up into late RD 1 to get after the Elam pick.  We'd have Hall over Cook and no need for CMC.  

RBs like this change games.  We don't have to do anything different on O.  We don't have to run it more.  We just have to be efficient.  Singletary and CMC combo would be fantastic.  

CMC isn't 23 year old CMC anymore but he's still elite.  

How exactly were we going to move up 30 picks from the late 2nd to the late 1st after the elam pick? Like the concept, but too much draft capital I’m afraid 

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.