6. Arizona Cardinals, 74%
7. Minnesota Vikings, 73%
8. New Orleans Saints, 72%
9. Dallas Cowboys, 72%
10. Tennessee Titans, 72%
11. New York Jets, 72%
12. Cincinnati Bengals, 72%
13. Carolina Panthers, 72%

Thats tied for 8th place and 3% off first.  The Bills line is 27th.

"Defenses are keying on him and him only" - Defenses dont key on one player and one player only.  They still have to defend the field.

"If you dont think that CMC would compliment this offense..." - I never said that.  I said what he would cost is not worth the difference he would make.  People have blinders on wanting to trade for this guy with visions of him catching all these passes and him taking off for 20 yards after the catch all the time.  Its not going to happen.  He isnt going to take away catches from Diggs and Davis for one and for two he really isnt going to get much more yards than Singletary.  RB's are dump off pass options mostly.  Singletary is only getting 0.8 yards less per catch than CMC is and no its not because defenses are keying on CMC.

As for your last bit - why dont you tell me what you think a significant upgrade is.  As I explained earlier, CMC behind a way better run blocking line is getting 0.1 ypa more than Motor is.  As a pass catcher used in the same way Motor is, CMC is getting 0.8 ypc more than Motor.

RBWR is a terrible metric. The Panthers RBWR is 72%. The Bills is listed at 68%. (I notice you cut that off.) Heck, the Bills are only 7% off of first. It’s a useless metric because its inputs are very subjective and its results have very little deviation. Even if we want to pretend it has value, there’s almost no difference between the two teams we’re talking about. The Bills don’t have a good OL overall either, but don’t tell me the Panthers have a better one (overall).

Do you seriously think that Singletary is getting the same attention from defenses as CMC is? LOL

CMC is a far better back than Singletary. Singletary is solid, but CMC is one of the best in the league, and he’s especially dangerous as a receiver. So, yes, on the Bills he’d be significantly more productive.

It depends on trade cost, obviously.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1

3 hours ago, Nihilarian said:

When you add a player like CMC you take away touches from the current stars on the Buffalo offense.

Last game, Diggs, 10 receptions for 148 yards, 1 TD. Davis, 3 for 74 yards, 1 TD, Knox 3 for 37, 1 TD.

With Singletary finally getting a decent amount of carries in this game, 17 for 85 yards, a 5.0 YPC AVG. 

Give Cook time to develop and there will be no need for CMC is my take...a younger, healthier, faster player. CMC 4.48-40. Cook 4.42-40. JMO

Are you claiming Singletary is a current star?  Because that's whose touches CMC gets.  And those 17 (would actually be 18 for CMC because he would have been given the ball and scored at the 3) don't take away any from the other stars.   Correction make that at least 19 because CMC would have gotten the first on that 3rd and 2 (the one where the first was there for the taking but Devin stopped/danced/blinked).

Cook will not be as good as CMC this year.  

I don't want Beane to go overboard and mortgage the future too much for CMC.  But I would be extremely excited if we got CMC.

• Like (+1) 2

32 minutes ago, BarleyNY said:

RBWR is a terrible metric. The Panthers RBWR is 72%. The Bills is listed at 68%. (I notice you cut that off.) Heck, the Bills are only 7% off of first. It’s a useless metric because its inputs are very subjective and its results have very little deviation. Even if we want to pretend it has value, there’s almost no difference between the two teams we’re talking about. The Bills don’t have a good OL overall either, but don’t tell me the Panthers have a better one (overall).

Do you seriously think that Singletary is getting the same attention from defenses as CMC is? LOL

CMC is a far better back than Singletary. Singletary is solid, but CMC is one of the best in the league, and he’s especially dangerous as a receiver. So, yes, on the Bills he’d be significantly more productive.

It depends on trade cost, obviously.

I cut it off because I didnt want to make the list a mile long.  No other reason. The Panthers have a better run blocking line than the Bills.  Thats just a fact.  Doesnt matter what you pull up, it will show the same.  Our backs get hit in the backfield as they are getting the ball half the time yet Singletary is neck in neck in ypa with CMC.

In rushing, no.  In passing yes.  You think teams are doubling CMC out of the backfield position?  They are not.  He is getting the same coverage.  He has only lined in the slot twice.

Yes, CMC is a far better back.  I've said that.  He still isnt getting significantly enough more production than Motor to justify the cost. I wouldnt even throw a second round pick at a half year rental.  Regardless of someones made up contract in someones head this team cant afford to pay a running back.  Thats not a priority pay position when you have the best QB in the league.  Especially not paying CMC the contract he would want with the cap hit/dead cap he would incur for a running back thats going to start declining in two years and already has a lot of wear and tear and injury history to boot.

Edited by Scott7975
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Disagree 1
  • Agree 1

1 hour ago, nucci said:

what if Singletary goes down?

I'd think probably call up Duke Johnson....he still on PS right? I believe so, but not 100% because although it's very rare, I will miss or forget a PS player that gets snatched by another team on rare occasion. 

Edited by Patrick Duffy
  • Thank you (+1) 1

My take is some of the posters here kinda under estimate RB James Cook and WR Kalil Shakir. 

Both are really good players and the more they play the more they develop as both have the talent, skill set to become very good. Both those rooks have shown flashes of what they can do and the more they play the more they will show how good they can become. 

Currently the 2022 the Buffalo Bills offense is #2 in points scored, #1 in yards. #1 passing offense in yards, TDs. 

The Bills defense is #1 in points allowed, #2 in yards allowed, #11 in passing yards allowed. #1 in rush yards allowed. Tre back at some point so the defense will get even better. 

The defensive rookies are looking good too.

Keep the picks and work the rookies. JMO

• Like (+1) 2

48 minutes ago, Beast said:

I’d much rather bring in another WR option just in case Diggs or Davis goes down. 

I agree with you. For ***** and giggles if had to choose one I'd go WR if possible. Considering Gabe and the ankle issue that has gave him trouble 3 seasons in a row now....But thankfully has been relatively minor for most part and not missing any major time. 

However, you kinda have to get the feel ankle might be a little tender and if so how it may factor in the chance of it going from minor to a bit more serious.

• Like (+1) 1

24 minutes ago, Patrick Duffy said:

I'd think probably call up Duke Williams....he still on PS right? I believe so, but not 100% because although it's very rare, I will miss or forget a PS player that gets snatched by another team on rare occasion. 

Duke Johnson.. So many dukes, Williams and Johnson’s over the years it’s easy to mistake them lol. 

• Like (+1) 1

19 minutes ago, Nihilarian said:

My take is some of the posters here kinda under estimate RB James Cook and WR Kalil Shakir. 

Both are really good players and the more they play the more they develop as both have the talent, skill set to become very good. Both those rooks have shown flashes of what they can do and the more they play the more they will show how good they can become. 

Currently the 2022 the Buffalo Bills offense is #2 in points scored, #1 in yards. #1 passing offense in yards, TDs. 

The Bills defense is #1 in points allowed, #2 in yards allowed, #11 in passing yards allowed. #1 in rush yards allowed. Tre back at some point so the defense will get even better. 

The defensive rookies are looking good too.

Keep the picks and work the rookies. JMO

not underestimate but hard to rely on rookies in the playoffs

10 minutes ago, realtruelove said:

I would not be surprised if all this OBJ and CM hype is a smokescreen for the pursuit of some other pieces to strengthen the roster.  Beane is wise beyond his years and we have come to trust him based on overall results.

Bills have openly talked about OBJ and allowed players to openly recruit OBJ. CMC they denied and are keeping quiet.

Beane absolutely loves CMC. 

• Haha (+1) 1

11 minutes ago, realtruelove said:

I would not be surprised if all this OBJ and CM hype is a smokescreen for the pursuit of some other pieces to strengthen the roster.  Beane is wise beyond his years and we have come to trust him based on overall results.

Beane hasn’t been able to get trades sealed during season. It all could be just talk and that’s it. 

1 minute ago, Buffalo_Stampede said:

Bills have openly talked about OBJ and allowed players to openly recruit OBJ. CMC they denied and are keeping quiet.

How much notice did we get when Von Miller was signed?  I bet Beane absolutely loves Miller too.  Just sayin...

2 minutes ago, realtruelove said:

How much notice did we get when Von Miller was signed?  I bet Beane absolutely loves Miller too.  Just sayin...

What do you mean?

Im saying McCaffery fits everything we’ve learned from Beane. If there is one player in the NFL Beane could add to this Bills team I think it’s McCaffery.

Edited by Buffalo_Stampede
  • Like (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, unbillievable said:

Adding CMC would push SuperBowl aspirations on Buffalo from "favored" to "expected."

Might be too much pressure.

I mean I could agree if it was CMC from few years ago. I understand he has stayed healthy to this point going into week 7 and has played fairly well considering not having the best help in Carolina.

But when you ask yourself, how much confidence/concern you think is there that he can stay healthy enough the rest of the way including playoffs? After you consider that then next is, how high of a draft pick would get it done. 

I think we should make a play for Kareem Hunt and his expiring contract.  Has proven to be durable and is a similar threat in the passing game, not to mention he would be a fraction of the price CMC Is.  I think we were connected to him a couple years ago when he was on the market but Beane & Co. probably didn't want to deal with the PR side of itback then.

• Disagree 2

9 minutes ago, Buffalo_Stampede said:

I'd think that there was much more interest before regular season started and maybe not as much now. I think it's possible Beane had the more interest back then than there is now after seeing how well Devin has been playing. 

Anyways, we will see what happens soon enough.

If we can get a reasonable deal done without singletary in the deal then ok But you just can’t trade devin. Too much of a risk when he’s been durable and mcd hasnt. Those two on the field at the same time would be crazy. You wouldn’t know who’s getting the ball and split out cmc is a mismatch with any lb’er

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, unbillievable said:

Adding CMC would push SuperBowl aspirations on Buffalo from "favored" to "expected."

In that case we should cut Diggs and Miller so expectations are low and the team will

ay better.

In that case we should cut Diggs and Miller so expectations are low and the team will

ay better.

THe Buccaneers added Antonio Brown, Gronkowski, and Fornette to win the Superbowl.

Adding CMC, and OBJ would be no different.

26 minutes ago, BillsSbSoon said:

If we can get a reasonable deal done without singletary in the deal then ok But you just can’t trade devin. Too much of a risk when he’s been durable and mcd hasnt. Those two on the field at the same time would be crazy. You wouldn’t know who’s getting the ball and split out cmc is a mismatch with any lb’er

Trading Singletary for CMC isn't as big a deal because Devin will be gone next year. It's the draft pick that will hurt more.

Also, the Bills are not going to bench McKenzie, or Knox to give Singletary more snaps.

Edited by unbillievable

4 minutes ago, unbillievable said:

THe Buccaneers added Antonio Brown, Gronkowski, and Fornette to win the Superbowl.

Trading Singletary for CMC isn't as big a deal because Devin will be gone next year. It's the draft pick that will hurt more.

What draft picks did the Bucs give up for AB, Gronk and Founette?

1 hour ago, wolfpack78 said:

I think we should make a play for Kareem Hunt and his expiring contract.  Has proven to be durable and is a similar threat in the passing game, not to mention he would be a fraction of the price CMC Is.  I think we were connected to him a couple years ago when he was on the market but Beane & Co. probably didn't want to deal with the PR side of itback then.

I don't think this is a terrible idea

1 hour ago, Buffalo_Stampede said:

What do you mean?

Im saying McCaffery fits everything we’ve learned from Beane. If there is one player in the NFL Beane could add to this Bills team I think it’s McCaffery.

Not sure I agree. The plan was McKissic this off season and we passed on many RBs in the draft. I don't think they like to break the bank on an RB.

I honestly think we could improve more by replacing Moss. 

I agree don't want to trade Singletary. 

Edited by RichRiderBills

56 minutes ago, wolfpack78 said:

What an absolutely insane player mention as "durable" Last season Hunt missed 9 games. CMC missed one more than that. And while CMC did miss 13 the previous year to Hunt's zero, before 2020 CMC hadn't missed a game in his career while while Hunt had missed 13 due to injury or other nefarious reasons. Both came into the NFL in 2017 and Hunt has only played 1 more game to this point than CMC. 

We are already at "expected" if we stay healthy.  My concern is he will screw up the chemistry of the offense.  Too many chefs in the kitchen. 

3 minutes ago, Bills2022 said:

We are already at "expected" if we stay healthy.  My concern is he will screw up the chemistry of the offense.  Too many chefs in the kitchen. 

Agree that I'd prefer they pass on him. My reasons differ from yours though, for me chemistry isn't the issue. For me it's multiple things such as lack of confidence in him remaining healthy, also would not want to spend a valuable draft pick, and also Devin is playing better than some may have expected in both rushing and receiving.

Devin is very reliable and don't think he's missed a game yet if I'm not mistaken. Cook is coming along slowly but surely. So it's just more important things to address if making a move before deadline imo

43 minutes ago, BuffaloBillyG said:

What an absolutely insane player mention as "durable" Last season Hunt missed 9 games. CMC missed one more than that. And while CMC did miss 13 the previous year to Hunt's zero, before 2020 CMC hadn't missed a game in his career while while Hunt had missed 13 due to injury or other nefarious reasons. Both came into the NFL in 2017 and Hunt has only played 1 more game to this point than CMC. 

The operant part is would not break the bank. 

Also, the Bills are not going to bench McKenzie, or Knox to give Singletary more snaps.

Yeah I know devin will be gone next year. He’s been durable and cmc hasn’t. If we traded devin and cmc were to go down we wouldn’t have a run game at all. Cook isn’t there yet. And if you have them both you absolutely have plays with both of them in the game. Cmc would essentially replace McKenzie on those downs. Split back shotgun looks etc..kinda similar to what Green Bay runs with their rbs at times. You could still even have knox or McKenzie in the formation with those looks

Edited by BillsSbSoon

4 minutes ago, RichRiderBills said:

The operant part is would not break the bank. 

Possibly. However he was threatening to hold out this last preseason for a new contract. I don't think he's going to sign for pennis on the dollar, either. Somebody will pay him way over his value because that is what the FA market does. A team like Atlanta, Vegas if they move on from Jacobs, Arizona....teams are starved for playmakers.

Honestly, this offseason if we are going to sign a RB I would stick with Singletary and pay the guy that I drafted and developed. Motor is younger, has averaged basically the same YPC and hasn't missed a game since his rookie season.

2 minutes ago, Simon said:

Agreed.

Motor runs with more power and makes more people miss.

More power than McCaffrey? More misses than him? Please don't get me wrong but I am the world's most renown, leading expert on all things McCaffrey and it seems you haven't done your homework if this is what you are insinuating...:cry:

• Haha (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.