Christian McCaffrey rumors

Steel City Mafia

14 minutes ago, Alphadawg7 said:

Dude...the fact you are in here railing on Singletary who had a great game today just announces to the whole board you have nothing to say and only care about pushing a bias agenda regardless of the facts of what just happened on the field.  

Josh Allen GUSHED about Devin in the post game presser too and how important he is out there on the field.  

But hey, keep going with a misguided rant towards a guy who played great today just to serve your desire to be right about him.  

let’s not get carried away the opposite direction 

It’s not dire to replace the guy but he certainly has room to be upgraded too. We can debate the costs but we aren’t a better group of 11 with DS instead of CMC

• Like (+1) 2

6 minutes ago, Alphadawg7 said:

I find it hilarious when people who have an agenda against one player will go find one play to hang their hat on while ignoring all the other great plays they made.  

Every player on every team in every game for all of NFL history has plays where they didn't get the job done on some specific play.  

It's about what they did as a whole.  And he had a great game.  Period.  

im not staking my position with Chan. He had a decent game. But he missed that near tragic goal line block for Josh. He should’ve had that outside short yardage run too. 

he left more than one play out there. 

• Like (+1) 2

1 minute ago, NoSaint said:

It’s not dire to replace the guy but he certainly has room to be upgraded too. We can debate the costs but we aren’t a better group of 11 with DS instead of CMC

Im not saying CMC isn't an upgrade...I am only calling someone out dumping on a guy who played very well today just to serve his bias agenda.

Never said we can't upgrade from Devin...I just defend him when someone is clearly negatively grossly over exaggerating him.  I do the same for all our players when someone dumps on them after a good game and a win.  

1 minute ago, JerseyBills said:

Been screaming to feed Motor and sprinkle in Cook.

Np reason to take on that contract when 26 can produce like this

If treated as a one year rental, he’s actually cheaper than singletary.

like the bills would save cap space this year to trade DS for CMC 

the price of that draft pick would hurt more though 

8 hours ago, HappyDays said:

The problem with YOUR argument is that you're comparing two totally offenses. They don't care if he catches it and plows forward for maybe 5 yards. With the impossible prospect of stopping Allen and our weapons, defenses are looking for any blade of grass they don't have to cover, and right now the one occupied by the RBs is an easy area to concede. Add McCaffrey with his speed and elusiveness and route running ability and it becomes a whole different ball game. I don't care about out of context stats. Anyone watching the games knows that McCaffrey is a dynamic athlete with elite traits, and Singletary is just a guy.

And we don't need to revolve the offense around McCaffrey. Trading for him isn't about changing the offense to be run-first, it's about maximizing opportunities when they're there. Some of the holes that Singletary turns into 10-15 yard gains, McCaffrey could possibly turn into TDs. Some of the check downs where Singletary turns 1st and 10 into 2nd and 5, McCaffrey turns those into 10+ yard gains. I'll say it again - it's a no brainer to add a player of that caliber to this offense.

Nah.  It just doesn't ACTUALLY work out that a great offense adds a RB and the player suddenly becomes much better.   That's "on paper" thinking that doesn't regularly translate onto the field.   If it did, then good teams would be regularly trading second round picks for big name RB's from the struggling, dumb teams that used first round picks on them.

• Like (+1) 1

41 minutes ago, BigDingus said:

This game highlighted once again that CMC would not fix the glaring short yardage problem.

Run blocking was improved this week, but CMC doesn't help improve that area.

Still would trade him for a 5th and Moss

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 minute ago, NoSaint said:

im not staking my position with Chan. He had a decent game. But he missed that near tragic goal line block for Josh. He should’ve had that outside short yardage run too. 

We don't know where Devin was "supposed to go" on that Allen run on the audible.  Its easy to say post snap where, but we do not know what the pre snap call was.  So not really fair to put it on Devin if you don't know that Devin even made a mistake.  

Allen gushed about Devin in his post game presser too.  

And Devin made a lot of important plays for us today, and that is both from watching the game and listening to Josh give him high praise today.  

When are some of you going to understand Moss has NO TRADE VALUE.  Didn't the fact he was inactive give you a clue?  

15 minutes ago, Taro Nimbus said:

Bills had Moss inactive for todays game.  Possibly to keep him healthy for a potential CMC trade?  🤔

He was inactive because he's worthless.  Everyone in the league knows that. 

• Agree 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

13 minutes ago, davefan66 said:

Give Singletary the ball and he makes plays.

I’m about as big a Singletary fan as you could possibly get. He’s not flashy, he’s not elite, but he’s good, he’s reliable, he’s steady and he has room to grow as a pass catcher, but in no way would I deny that CMC would be an upgrade over him and if we could get him by throwing in Moss I would say no in no way. DS, CMC and Cook is an elite backfield.

• Agree 1

6 minutes ago, NoSaint said:

I mean........the running back IS the LEAST important player of those 11 though.    @GunnerBill said it and I'm doubling and tripling down on that sentiment.

So let's not get carried away with how much better it makes you as a team to improve your RB position by a quarter of a yard per touch.

If this weren't the case then the last 20+ years wouldn't have been so hard on teams that put a high priority on the value of their RB's.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

13 minutes ago, NoSaint said:

He could’ve actually got the first down on the play before… if he would’ve just dived inside. Instead he deked and tried to turn outside running into a tackle.

Good game, but several small but almost critical errors.

Edited by HerdMentality

22 minutes ago, Alphadawg7 said:

I find it hilarious when people who have an agenda against one player will go find one play to hang their hat on while ignoring all the other great plays they made.  

Every player on every team in every game for all of NFL history has plays where they didn't get the job done on some specific play.  

It's about what they did as a whole.  And he had a great game.  Period.  

He lacks the burst and speed to make routine plays that many other players in the NFL can make. He cannot beat other players to the edge, which limits him as a player.

16 minutes ago, NoSaint said:

The water is warm my friend.

• Disagree 3
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, BADOLBILZ said:

I mean........the running back IS the LEAST important player of those 11 though.    @GunnerBill said it and I'm doubling and tripling down on that sentiment.

So let's not get carried away with how much better it makes you as a team to improve your RB position by a quarter of a yard per touch.

If this weren't the case then the last 20+ years wouldn't have been so hard on teams that put a high priority on the value of their RB's.

If I had to rank it in my own head, an addition of someone like OBJ is infinitely more valuable and I would bang on the table much harder for him if it was possible.

If it’s “add noone or add CMC,” then I lean to add CMC 

7 minutes ago, BADOLBILZ said:

I don’t disagree, and I’m not pushing huge chips in with getting him but do think some folks were getting carried away the opposite direction.

56 minutes ago, HappyDays said:

Singletary is decent but there are opportunities on the field for so much more. There's a reason Cook is the only RB to score a rushing TD this year - speed matters in the red zone.

The Bills proved tonight they are capable of beating the Chiefs even when Mahomes is playing well. BUT they didn't prove that a Super Bowl appearance is all but guaranteed. McCaffrey puts us over the top. Get it done.

And OBJ. IDC it's about winning the Superbowl this year - Diggs Davis OBJ and CMC burn it all this season

• Like (+1) 1
  • Disagree 1

29 minutes ago, Alphadawg7 said:

We don't know where Devin was "supposed to go" on that Allen run on the audible.  Its easy to say post snap where, but we do not know what the pre snap call was.  So not really fair to put it on Devin if you don't know that Devin even made a mistake.  

Allen gushed about Devin in his post game presser too.  

And Devin made a lot of important plays for us today, and that is both from watching the game and listening to Josh give him high praise today.  

He's supposed to. He's the leader of the team. He'd probably praise Spencer Brown too

19 minutes ago, FireChans said:

If I had to rank it in my own head, an addition of someone like OBJ is infinitely more valuable and I would bang on the table much harder for him if it was possible.

If it’s “add noone or add CMC,” then I lean to add CMC 

Basically OBJ is worth about 5 more yards per touch over his career than Lil' Dummy McKenzie.   So yeah..........if that gets Dummy off the field then that addition makes A LOT of sense.

Upgrading from Singletary's 5.1 yards per touch over the last 3 seasons with McCaffrey's 5.3............I mean who gives a f*ck about that minutia.........those numbers are insignificant.    A pittance of difference.    

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Basically OBJ is worth about 5 more yards per touch over his career than Lil' Dummy McKenzie.   So yeah..........if that gets Dummy off the field then that addition makes A LOT of sense.

Upgrading from Singletary's 5.1 yards per touch over the last 3 seasons with McCaffrey's 5.3............I mean who gives a f*ck about that minutia.........those numbers are insignificant.    A pittance of difference.    

If you’re looking at yards per touch, sure. 

McCaffrey is averaging 8.5 yards per catch to Singletary’s 6.7 in that same time period.

your numbers are wrong btw. Singletary is 4.9 yards per touch to McCaffrey’s 5.4 in the last three seasons.

Edited by FireChans
  • Like (+1) 1

12 minutes ago, BADOLBILZ said:

As a DC, would more attention be given to CMC or DS? How does that affect the other pass catchers on the field?

• Like (+1) 1

15 minutes ago, BADOLBILZ said:

The Bills are 5-1 and just beat their “chief” rival on the road and your reaction is to think up derogatory nicknames for our players?  Nice.

That's all that matters because RB's have to do BOTH to be most effective at EITHER.

Wait wait wait, no.

From a macro perspective, a WR is always going to have a larger impact at YPT than an RB. The average yards per play are going to be vastly different.

But a star RB is always gonna have WAY more touches than a star WR. Hell Singletary had 100 more touches than Diggs last year lol.

9 minutes ago, FireChans said:

Wait wait wait, no.

From a macro perspective, a WR is always going to have a larger impact at YPT than an RB. The average yards per play are going to be vastly different.

But a star RB is always gonna have WAY more touches than a star WR. Hell Singletary had 100 more touches than Diggs last year lol.

I underlined the part that you should have gone with.

IMO we are in year 2 of a 4 year window to win the SB.  I mean a great chance to win the SB.  So management should do what they need to do to make this team as strong as possible.  Don't give up multiple 1st round picks but anything somewhat reasonable should be in play.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, FireChans said:

But the second part is also true. The answer is not to roster 9 WR’s and never run. Because that will never happen.

Are you implying that they haven't made significant investments in their RB position already?   Or that a fraction of a yard difference per touch between RB's is.........big?     Because both are just wrong.

4 minutes ago, BADOLBILZ said:

Are you implying that they haven't made significant investments in their RB position already?   Or that a fraction of a yard difference per touch between RB's is.........big?     Because both are just wrong.

I’m implying their investments at RB haven’t born fruit, because, well obviously.

and the differences in yards per touch are not as weighted as low as you want to make them, because RB’s touch the ball a lot more than WR’s.

I honestly wouldn’t want them sending any picks. With his current contract, it’s a one year deal. We’d either have to let him walk or renegotiate a better deal.

With the bills current cap situation, it’s likely they’ll have to let a few players leave after this season, which means we need every pick in the draft. The teams future is in the draft with all the big money contracts we have. 

• Like (+1) 1

Apparently Cam Akers is likely to be dealt out of LA. I liked him a lot from what I saw in the playoffs last year.

I'm happy enough with motor but Cam's my guy if we're shopping. Young, not much mileage, rookie deal, runs like a maniac

Edited by FormerlyPT5P
  • Disagree 2

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.