Christian McCaffrey rumors

Steel City Mafia

Just now, Rock-A-Bye Beasley said:

No one said getting CMC is a guarantee, either 

The logic is the same. Nothing is guaranteed. You have to take a chance sometimes. Clearly you don’t think mccaffrey increases our chances much to win a super bowl this year, while others disagree.

Running behind this line?  No, I don't. And I'm not willing to give up a first-round pick to see if I'm wrong either.

43 minutes ago, Billz4ever said:

Did you just compare CMC to Bruce Smith? 🤣

Someone's definitely on something, but it ain't those of who think the asking price is too high if they already turned down our offer.

I believe you're the one I went back and forth with on the Bills trading for Barkley but I could be wrong so here's the deal. 

McCaffrey when healthy is a top 3 RB in this league. Some can argue, he is still the best. Unlike Barkley, we can acquire him this season and only be on the hook for just $600,000 of his salary for this year and the remaining of his contract only has $1 million left that's guaranteed. Anything less than 1st rounder and I am on board with this all day everyday and twice on Sunday. These people on this board that are quick to shoot this down are on some good sh*t. A late 2nd for a 26 year old proven Christian McCaffrey with 4 or 5 solid years left as long as he's healthy is a no brainer. What can we possibly do with a pick in the 60's next year that would be guaranteed to be better? I would love for anyone to answer that

Edited by Buffalo03
  • Awesome! (+1) 3

I watched a regretful Beane talk about not willing to give up a high pick for Von Miller last year because he thought he’d be a rental. 

I don’t think Beane is going to worry about the future too much this year. He knows this is their last shot with this group of players. CMC is one of his guys. 

The McCaffrey evaluations, however, are glowing.

"He's a great football player. Has Luke Kuechly's DNA. Just an overall great fit," Beane says.

• Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

I don’t see any way a player is involved unless it was Epenesa or Basham. It wouldn’t make any sense for Carolina to acquire a running back in return. Cost controlled edge rusher with potential to pair with Burns and a mid round pick is probably the best Buffalo could offer imo. They have Hubbard and Foreman to ride out this season and everyone’s favorite Blackshear. 

• Agree 1

WE HAVE YOUTH AND DEPTH EVERYWHERE!  Especially the Secondary 

Hell yes the 2023 1st round pick should be on the table. 

Just a matter of what piece you need

There isn't going to be a better option available for that 1st that addresses our needs then CMC. 

Hell yes you make that trade and call it a day.  We won't be picking until around pick 63 at the draft instead of 31.  Oh the horror.   

Get this done during the bye.  Debut Sunday night football Oct 30th along with Tre.  Going to be electric.  

And I expect to be 5-1 that night in process of going scorched earth straight to the SB

Edited by Big Blitz
  • Agree 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, Dopey said:

He can’t do what Edmunds does for this defense. Not even close. 

Smith can do what Edmunds does and does it better.

I'm assuming you don't know much about him based on that comment.

Smith leads the league in tackles and is arguably the most complete MLB in football.

• Disagree 1
  • Haha (+1) 2

24 minutes ago, Buffalo03 said:

I believe you're the one I went back and forth with on the Bills trading for Barkley but I could be wrong so here's the deal. 

McCaffrey when healthy is a top 3 RB in this league. Some can argue, he is still the best. Unlike Barkley, we can acquire him this season and only be on the hook for just $600,000 of his salary for this year and the remaining of his contract only has $1 million left that's guaranteed. Anything less than 1st rounder and I am on board with this all day everyday and twice on Sunday. These people on this board that are quick to shoot this down are on some good sh*t. A late 2nd for a 26 year old proven Christian McCaffrey with 4 or 5 solid years left as long as he's healthy is a no brainer. What can we possibly do with a pick in the 60's next year that would be guaranteed to be better? I would love for anyone to answer that

I agree 💯- and could you imagine him on this offense. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

1 minute ago, 97bills said:

I agree 💯- and could you imagine him on this offense. 

Yeah, I can.  I can see him being tackled for little to no gain just like our other backs who are running behind the worst run blocking win  % line in the league.

• Eyeroll 1
  • Agree 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, akcash said:

These dudes have been running backs since they were kids. It's not and will never be the running back.

If our line was actually decent at run blocking and the backs were still laying an egg, I'd be more inclined to agree we need a change, but that's not the situation.  Our line is terrible at run blocking.

Edited by Billz4ever
  • Disagree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

21 minutes ago, Billz4ever said:

Smith can do what Edmunds does and does it better.

I'm assuming you don't know much about him based on that comment.

Smith leads the league in tackles and is arguably the most complete MLB in football.

We disagree. Especially the “better “ part. 

I’ve watched him play quite a few games and for how we run our defense, give me Edmunds all day, every day. I remember watching the bad news bears movie and learning about assumptions. 

I don’t care about his stats. I’m not a stat boy. I mean, didn’t Tua throw 6 tds in one game? That doesn’t make him better than Mahomes. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, Billz4ever said:

If our line was actually decent at run blocking and the backs were still laying an egg, I'd be more inclined to agree we need a change, but that's not the situation.  Our line is terrible at run blocking.

Yeah I think it's a combination of implementing a new zone scheme where we're still gelling. Like against the Ravens where Singletary got bunched up because the guy that Dawkins was "supposed to block" got through. That was a impossible block based on the leverage of the dlinemans position and it resulted in a 3 yard loss. That's just one example imo. I think also Dorsey is still learning when to call a well timed run play. 

I think they feel the have the best chance of getting these wins to secure home field advantage right now putting the ball in Allen's hands especially transitioning from Dabolls offense. I think that will change in the future. But maybe not this year. 

Also one thing everybody conveniently likes to ignore is we have been doing alot of short passes as an extension of the running game that has been very effective and virtually does nothing to exert Allen or put him in harm's way.

I feel like possibly after the bye to the beginning of next season is when we see more of like a Aaron Rodgers offense that is a little more balanced. I think this year they're just trying to do what they can to get the 1 seed and hopefully win the Superbowl.

Edited by akcash
  • Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Dopey said:

We disagree. Especially the “better “ part. 

I’ve watched him play quite a few games and for how we run our defense, give me Edmunds all day, every day. I remember watching the bad news bears movie and learning about assumptions. 

I don’t care about his stats. I’m not a stat boy. I mean, didn’t Tua throw 6 tds in one game? That doesn’t make him better than Mahomes. 

And do explain exactly how Smith doesn't fit with "how we run our defense".

Edmunds plays MLB and his role is the same here as it would be anywhere else.

I think tomorrow could have an impact on what we do moving forward. If the Chiefs manage our passing game and we can't execute our running game effectively there's going to be a lot of questions heading into bye week about how to improve the roster to get over the hump, focusing on the O Line and the running backs.

• Agree 1

2 minutes ago, UKBillFan said:

I think tomorrow could have an impact on what we do moving forward. If the Chiefs manage our passing game and we can't execute our running game effectively there's going to be a lot of questions heading into bye week about how to improve the roster to get over the hump, focusing on the O Line and the running backs.

Our receivers SHOULD feast on the Chiefs secondary.  Not much experience there at all.  Obviously saying and doing are two completely different things.

• Eyeroll 1

1 minute ago, Billz4ever said:

Our receivers SHOULD feast on the Chiefs secondary.  Not much experience there at all.  Obviously saying and doing are two completely different things.

I assume that the Chiefs defense will operate in a similar way as ours - try and put a lot of pressure on the O Line to rush the QB.

Edited by UKBillFan
  • Like (+1) 1

25 minutes ago, Solomon Grundy said:

No further proof of this than the NY Football Giants

Anyone who has watched both teams should clearly recognize the Giants' line routinely gets a push off the snap, where the Bills line does not.

Edited by Billz4ever

4 minutes ago, Billz4ever said:

And do explain exactly how Smith doesn't fit with "how we run our defense".

Edmunds plays MLB and his role is the same here as it would be anywhere else.

Your second paragraph is very telling. It’s hard being a mlb when we only play 2 lbs most of the time. Aside from that, you should really watch how he’s used. It’s definitely not the same as anywhere else. Not even close. If memory serves me right, I believe the bears just switched from a 3-4 to a 4-3 defense this year. HTH can you even compare what they do on the field when they ran totally different schemes? We can run our 4-2-5 because of Edmunds. Try that with  smith and you’ll see right away he can’t do what Edmunds does. Not even close. He might be able to do what Milano does here, but Edmunds? Nah. 

• Agree 2

5 minutes ago, Buffalo03 said:

Dude, if you think a top 5 back on our team wouldn't make a difference, you're insane. It's not just our line that's the problem 

It’s more about the pass catching ability and CMC is a significant upgrade in that regard.  More YAC ability and can help draw the defense closer leading to more opportunities for deep shots. 

• Agree 1

1 hour ago, Buffalo03 said:

you make two points here the first is about his contract is great because only one million guaranteed after this season. Then a sentence later you talk about mccafferey with 4-5 solid years left. So what are you envisioning? Remainder of this season and cut or paying him season by season at a high price tag? 

• Simon changed the title to Christina McCaffrey rumors
1 hour ago, Dopey said:

Your second paragraph is very telling. It’s hard being a mlb when we only play 2 lbs most of the time. Aside from that, you should really watch how he’s used. It’s definitely not the same as anywhere else. Not even close. If memory serves me right, I believe the bears just switched from a 3-4 to a 4-3 defense this year. HTH can you even compare what they do on the field when they ran totally different schemes? We can run our 4-2-5 because of Edmunds. Try that with  smith and you’ll see right away he can’t do what Edmunds does. Not even close. He might be able to do what Milano does here, but Edmunds? Nah. 

Not sure what games you're watching or how much smoke you're  trying to blow here, but you can look at almost any game this year and Edmunds is lined up directly behind the D-line in traditional MLB fashion.  To try and claim this is some weird LB scheme that couldn't be done by anyone else is laughable and demonstrates a clear lack of understand of LB roles and responsibilities.

Dude, if you think a top 5 back on our team wouldn't make a difference, you're insane. It's not just our line that's the problem 

LMAO, that's like saying if your O-line sucks at pass blocking and your QB is getting hammered, it's not really the line's fault, it's the QB'S fault.  Get a grip.

Edited by Billz4ever
  • Haha (+1) 2

Or could also be that we have average to below average RBs

That's like saying if your QB is getting buried every play because the line sucks, the QB is just "average to below average".

Thinking that's totally detached from reality.

57 minutes ago, Doc Brown said:

It’s more about the pass catching ability and CMC is a significant upgrade in that regard.  More YAC ability and can help draw the defense closer leading to more opportunities for deep shots. 

We've never given any of our backs the chance to really show their pass catching abilities this season.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.