Christian McCaffrey rumors

Steel City Mafia

2 hours ago, Coach Tuesday said:

Yup that was my thought - Patriots, Chiefs or maybe Ravens…

I'd like to see him to the Chargers to see what happens next. Or Bucs to see what happens with that debacle.

It'll end up being a team like Detroit, Houston, Seattle or San Fran because why not. 

13 minutes ago, BeastMaster said:

I don't think people fully understand how much of a weapon this guy would be with this offense, and this QB

If Moss and a 3rd this year plus maybe a pick in 2024 gets it done, you do it.

He’s an elite RB and an elite Slot 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Carolina's asking price is obviously too high. 

I can't see Beane giving up more than a 3rd rounder for him.

If he comes here, he's most likely a 1/2 season rental since his base salary next year probably makes Beane throw up in his mouth a little.

Edited by Billz4ever

14 minutes ago, BeastMaster said:

I don't think people fully understand how much of a weapon this guy would be with this offense, and this QB

They don't want Moss... why are you making up a lesser deal?

Just now, Billz4ever said:

Carolina's asking price is obviously too high. 

I can't see Beane giving up more than a 3rd rounder for him.

If he comes here, he's most likely a 1/2 season rental, as his due base salary next year probably makes Beane throw up in his mouth a little.

Ever think that Beane tried to low ball them with the first offer? Trying to gauge the market? Beane will make this happen

• Disagree 1

Just now, Solomon Grundy said:

Ever think that Beane tried to low ball them with the first offer? Trying to gauge the market? Beane will make this happen

Not if they've already turned down another offer and there are several other teams looking at him.

He's going to go to the highest bidder here.

1 minute ago, Solomon Grundy said:

I don't think Beane plays around like that. I F he offered, then I would think he offered what he thinks it was worth to the Bills. Take it or leave it kind of thing. Don't think he will and honestly hope he doesn't. 

• Like (+1) 1

16 minutes ago, BeastMaster said:

I agree he’d be a huge weapon here. But they aren’t taking Moss and a 3rd even with a sweetener. If reports are true that Carolina turned down Motor and our 2nd then I tap out. If CMC had a better injury history I’d go higher, but not with a real possibility of him not being available for the playoffs. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

9 minutes ago, Solomon Grundy said:

Chargers?? He is Austin Ekeler

The chargers need anything and everything. If they could get CMC it would be significant. 

Edit: I know it's not realistic. He'd be playing a lot of WR. But still, thatd be a stacked offense 

Edited by Boyst62

1 minute ago, LyndonvilleBill said:

I don't think Beane plays around like that. I F he offered, then I would think he offered what he thinks it was worth to the Bills. Take it or leave it kind of thing. Don't think he will and honestly hope he doesn't. 

Stay tuned.. 

1 minute ago, BarleyNY said:

If reports are true that Carolina turned down Motor and our 2nd then I tap out.

Didn't hear this before. Is there confirmation of this? 

• Like (+1) 2

3 minutes ago, LyndonvilleBill said:

I will. Just think if Beane wanted to spend a 1st on a RB he would have done it during one of the last 2 drafts.

CMC is NOT worth our 1st.  Especially if he turns into a 1/2 season rental, which is a very good possibility given what he's due to make next year.

• Disagree 2
  • Agree 1

11 minutes ago, Solomon Grundy said:

Stay tuned.. 

Didn't hear this before. Is there confirmation of this? 

No.  No one is going to confirm anything about mid season trade talks. A lot of BS is going to be floating around too. That’s why I started my comment with “if reports are true”. 

Edited by BarleyNY

The fans here who don’t want him regardless of compensation are absolutely insane. They’re not even worth arguing with. 

When you draft any player the best you can realistically hope for is always top 5 or top 10 at their position. CMC is already that and it’s a guarantee in a critical year. You don’t have to wait for him to develop and you don’t have to hope he does develop(Cook). We are still waiting on the players we drafted recently, as far back as 3 years ago (Epenesa), to fully develop. If you want to say giving up a draft pick for CMC is “mortgaging our future” you’re wrong for a couple reasons. 

(1) This team doesn’t have a ton of needs or roster spots. They are already losing day 3 players to waivers or PS poaching and have 8 picks in the next draft. It’s a certainty if they make all of those picks that some of them will be poached (or more past day 3 players). Even the 1-3 round picks will have a hard time being an upgrade to what they have. Also, the biggest areas of need are positions you generally don’t need to draft high IOL, S

(2) Cap space. Some here are arguing his cap hit after this season is too high, while others don’t want to give up a draft pick for a “rental”. Both stances are foolish. As stated repeatedly in this thread CMC would have 3 non-guaranteed years of almost exactly $12mil/yr after this one. It’s the best possible situation for Buffalo. The chances of restructuring and lowering the cap hit are very high. Otherwise, cut bait for no penalty.

But wait! There’s a third option where CMC is traded from Buffalo after the season to recoup at least some of the precious draft capital lost in the first place, again at no penalty. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 4

Just now, Billz4ever said:

CMC is NOT worth our 1st.  Especially if he turns into a 1/2 season rental, which is a very good possibility given what he's due to make next year.

I agree. Personally, I don't think he's worth a 3rd and Moss. We just drafted Cook and haven't even really given the kid a chance. Also for the amount of running we do Motor, Moss and Cook should be just fine IMO.

• Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, BarleyNY said:

No.  No one is going to confirm anything about mid season trade talks. A lot of BS is going to be floating around too. That’s why I started my comment with “if reports are true”. 

Word. I don’t believe he made that offer 

• Agree 1

1 minute ago, BIGFOOTspaceman said:

I’d trade the first if it means a SB ring. Too bad CMC is always injured. 

Even if he wasn't injured a lot, still not worth it.

Bringing him here doesn't guarantee we win anything.  And if you fall short, you're now left with nothing if he's just a 1/2 season rental (unless we plan on paying his $12M/year salary next year) and we'd be out a 1st round pick for our troubles.

5 minutes ago, Billz4ever said:

Even if he wasn't injured a lot, still not worth it.

Bringing him here doesn't guarantee we win anything.  And if you fall short, you're now left with nothing if he's just a 1/2 season rental (unless we plan on paying his $12M/year salary next year) and we'd be out a 1st round pick for our troubles.

first of all, loosen up and take more risk.

Second, you imply we can’t afford him after this but are conveniently leaving out the possibility of a restructure and/or a trade after this season to recoup draft capital.

it’s very unlikely he’s a pure rental 

Edited by Rock-A-Bye Beasley
  • Like (+1) 3

44 minutes ago, BeastMaster said:

Everyone has to take away the downfield stuff against Allen the best they can, there's a lot of room for the back to operate underneath in the passing game but Singletary is too slow to really exploit it and they don't seem comfortable with Cook yet. McCaffrey would thrive with all that space to work with.

• Agree 4

1 minute ago, Rock-A-Bye Beasley said:

first of all, loosen up and take more risk.

Second, you imply we can’t afford him after this but are conveniently leaving out the possibility of a restructure and a trade after this season to recoup draft capital.

it’s very unlikely he’s a pure rental 

If ANY team is willing to give up their 1st round pick for this guy I will be very surprised.

• Agree 2

2 hours ago, GETTOTHE50 said:

i say ***** it. beane and the bills can work cap magic.

dont give up a first though.

I honestly don’t care if we do a first. I just want a super bowl. If we win a super bowl, it will be worth whatever we give up. Especially if we don’t get CMC and a team like KC does. I’m not sure we can beat KC if they get CMC. 

5 minutes ago, Billz4ever said:

If ANY team is willing to give up their 1st round pick for this guy I will be very surprised.

What if KC does and they win a super bowl? What will people say on here then? 

• Agree 1

3 minutes ago, Buffalo03 said:

Some of the people in this thread are on something

"The Bills are currently interested in signing a clone of Bruce Smith in his prime. The Bruce Smith clone has no interest in rejoining the Bills"

Lunatics on twobillsdrive: "Thank God"

😂

Did you just compare CMC to Bruce Smith? 🤣

Someone's definitely on something, but it ain't those of who think the asking price is too high if they already turned down our offer.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.