Christian McCaffrey rumors

Steel City Mafia

4 minutes ago, Buffalo03 said:

Some of the people in this thread are on something

"The Bills are currently interested in signing a clone of Bruce Smith in his prime. The Bruce Smith clone has no interest in rejoining the Bills"

Lunatics on twobillsdrive: "Thank God"

😂

Lost me on this one...🙄

11 minutes ago, Rock-A-Bye Beasley said:

first of all, loosen up and take more risk.

Second, you imply we can’t afford him after this but are conveniently leaving out the possibility of a restructure and/or a trade after this season to recoup draft capital.

it’s very unlikely he’s a pure rental 

I have a 1996 Honda Accord for sale if you're interested.  She looks nice but drivetrain is busted to sh*t and it burns through a quart of oil every two weeks.  I'm only asking $146,000

• Dislike 1

3 minutes ago, Billz4ever said:

It just reeks of desperation for people to want to give up our 1st round pick to bring in an injury prone RB, when we have the best offense in the league and our QB, by himself, has more total yards than 3/4 of the league.

I think our QB has more rushing yards than anyone on this team as well. Or

is close. That has to change. I don’t know if McCaffery is the answer but Allen needs help back there. 

• Agree 1

46 minutes ago, BarleyNY said:

I agree he’d be a huge weapon here. But they aren’t taking Moss and a 3rd even with a sweetener. If reports are true that Carolina turned down Motor and our 2nd then I tap out. If CMC had a better injury history I’d go higher, but not with a real possibility of him not being available for the playoffs. 

I haven't seen the Singletary and a 2nd. Was this said somewhere?

Panthers currently only have 4 draft picks next year - 1st, 2nd, 4th, and 5th.  They need a QB bad.  I think they would want to unload CMC for picks and/or young player on rookie deal.  It's still early.  Deadline is 11/1.  If Beane really wants him, he'll make it happen.  CMC has 3 years left after the season.

1 minute ago, Floydboy12 said:

I think our QB has more rushing yards than anyone on this team as well. Or

is close. That has to change. I don’t know if McCaffery is the answer but Allen needs help back there. 

Those are scrambles, not designed runs, so not really the same.

We are not a running team and never will be behind this O-Line, no matter what RB is back there. Worst run block win % in the entire league.

We don't even really try to establish the run because every carry takes the ball out of Josh's hands.

1 minute ago, LyndonvilleBill said:

Allen needs better guards more than a RB.😉

Amen.  Where's the calls from people to trade for an O-lineman?

We do have the worst run block win % in the entire league after all and that's not the fault of the RB's.

21 minutes ago, IronMaidenBills said:

I honestly don’t care if we do a first. I just want a super bowl. If we win a super bowl, it will be worth whatever we give up. Especially if we don’t get CMC and a team like KC does. I’m not sure we can beat KC if they get CMC. 

What if KC does and they win a super bowl? What will people say on here then? 

Well said 

1 minute ago, Billz4ever said:

Those are scrambles, not designed runs, so not really the same.

We are not a running team and never will be behind this O-Line, no matter what RB is back there. Worst run block win % in the entire league.

We don't even really try to establish the run because every carry takes the ball out of Josh's hands.

The screen game Is why you would want McCaffery. 

• Agree 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Amen.  Where's the calls from people to trade for an O-lineman?

We do have the worst run block win % in the entire league after all and that's not the fault of the RB's.

Not many people know the names of many guards. Not shiny enough. (Myself included). 😄.

Even though that system plucks rb’s out of nowhere, cmc and the 9ers make sense and he would go back closer to home. Would take some pressure off of Garoppolo even though Wilson has been playing well there. If he goes to the bucs that would be devastating with Brady. Doubt they trade him within the division. They’re prolly thinking afc. People are gonna lose it here if he goes to Miami or kc

• Agree 1

Just now, LyndonvilleBill said:

Not many people know the names of many guards. Not shiny enough. (Myself included). 😄.

Very True.

I just don't understand the thought process of wanting to bring in a big name RB to run behind the same O-Line that just isn't a very good run blocking line.

Just now, Warriorspikes51 said:

Draft picks? Who cares! Win the Super Bowl

offer 2nd, 2024 3rd and Moss

If they demand it, I’m parting with the 1st

our offense will be a complete nightmare to deal with if CMC is added

Why would they or anyone else in the league want Moss?  The consensus here is that he sucks.  So why in the same breath do we think he has any value to another team?

6 minutes ago, Billz4ever said:

OK, still not worth a 1st round pick.

If he helps you win a ring, he is worth that pick

Just now, Billz4ever said:

Why would they or anyone else in the league want Moss?  The consensus here is that he sucks.  So why in the same breath do we think he has any value to another team?

Isn’t Dan Morgan in Panthers front office? Perhaps he likes him somewhat

• Steel City Mafia changed the title to CMC rumors! -Allbright “Bills Primary Suitor” and Made offer that was turned down
2 minutes ago, Process said:

Cook for CMC straight up. Otherwise not interested unless they'll take a 4th rd pick or something.

Maybe that was the trade as proposed the first time?  None of us know.

Panthers: Hello

Bills: Hi, this is Beanerbag

Panthers: Oh, hai.  It's an executive assistant.  My name is Caprice.

Bills: How about CMC for Cook and a fourth?

Panthers: (laughter heard in background) I'm sorry, but the GM is indisposed of right now.

CMC is a good player, but is not a silver bullet.  There are OL issues.  There are cap issues in the future.  And he's been hurt a lot recently, at least coming into this season.  I wouldn't be mad if he ended up here, but I don't think that he addresses the fundamental issues around the lack of running game.

• Agree 1

Just now, Rock-A-Bye Beasley said:

Having Allen doesn’t guarantee anything either. Ohhh and think of how many delicious picks we could get for him

Who said it did?

Difference is Allen is already on our team and signed for many years to come.  CMC is on another team and Carolina apparently has a high asking price.

3 minutes ago, Rock-A-Bye Beasley said:

I’m being facetious. Not a fan of paying Edmunds. 

I would love it if Beane could make something happen with Roquan Smith.  And yes, I would give up Edmunds to do it.

Edited by Billz4ever
  • Disagree 3
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Dislike 1

Who said it did?

Difference is Allen is already on our team and signed for many years to come.  CMC is on another team and Carolina apparently has a high asking price.

No one said getting CMC is a guarantee, either 

The logic is the same. Nothing is guaranteed. You have to take a chance sometimes. Clearly you don’t think mccaffrey increases our chances much to win a super bowl this year, while others disagree.

• Agree 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.