Christian McCaffrey rumors

Steel City Mafia

53 minutes ago, HappyDays said:

This is where you lose me. I think this is honestly an insane thing to say. You're basically saying McCaffrey isn't a better RB than Singletary.

The swap of pick 31 for pick 33 is more than cancelled out by Carolina's 4th rounder. So this trade is badically Moss for McCaffrey. I would support that! Not sure Carolina would.

No Im not saying that at all.  What you neglect is how important the oline is to ANYONES running game.  Our oline is the worst run blocking oline in the league and Singletary has better YPA than McCaffrey does.  Trade of this would have to be a huge difference.  Im saying a huge difference isnt going to happen.  You think by trading for him he is going to get like 10+ yard runs everytime he touches the ball or something?  Its not going to happen.

This is going to be a 100 page thread for a trade thats not likely to happen.

Edited by Scott7975
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

14 hours ago, HappyDays said:

We could actually do whatever we want with him... We don't have to force our offense to revolve around him or give him a certain number of touches per game. I wouldn't expect our entire offensive philosophy to change. He just gives us another element to use in our already elite offense. One more thing for defenses to account for.

At his peak McCaffrey is a game changer. It's a no brainer to add another game changer to our offense for a reasonable price. I would still add OBJ in December too. Imagine the team we've seen so far this year but with Tre White, Christian McCaffrey, and OBJ added in... It's not often that you have a realistic chance to make Madden-esque improvements to your team like that. Leave no room for doubt that the Lombardi is ours for the taking.

LMAO, now we're getting OBJ and CMC?  

Cap?  What cap?

6 hours ago, BarleyNY said:

While teams do run different schemes, Nickel is the base for every team in the league now and has been for awhile. The Bills are a bit unusual in that they play Nickel (4-2-5) almost exclusively. But that’s because of Tauron Johnson and his ability to play the run so well, not because of Edmunds. 

Johnson is good, but my point was comparing how we use Edmunds vs how smith is used. I don’t think smith would do the job Edmunds does here as effectively. I think it would be a mistake to replace Edmunds with smith and expect the same play. We would miss our defensive qb. 

1 minute ago, Billz4ever said:

And how on earth do you think OBJ is going to sign for that?

Maybe I'm underrating what his cost will be but he'll only get paid for a quarter of the season. Coming off his 2nd ACL tear late in the season and chasing production plus a ring so that he can leverage himself for a big contract in the offseason. He'll be affordable, guaranteed.

2 hours ago, Process said:

Bahahahahahah

I'll trade our next two firsts for McCaffrey and their next two firsts.

Deal?

And sadly, there are people here that would do it too.

13 hours ago, Buffalo03 said:

What I'm saying is get him on the team this year for $600,000 and then work out what you need to work out for another few years. Maybe some kind of reworked deal of some kind. But my point wad just get him on the team now, worry about the rest later

Dude, if you are trying to say Nick Chubb would be no better than Devin Singletary in our offense you are insane

Yeah, instead of no gain, he'd get a yard, maybe 2.  If you're trying to say running backs have a high chance at success without at least competent run blocking, you're insane.

15 hours ago, Doc Brown said:

My point is we pass to our running backs a lot.  Fifth most targets in the league (44 targets) and tenth in passing target percentage (22.3%).  The best argument I can think of for bringing in CMC if we're throwing that much to our RB's then we mine as well have the best passing catching running back in the league at are disposal.  Even if he won't help our running production whatsoever because people think it's purely an o-line issue then there's still some value in trading for him because of his pass catching ability.

BTW, we barely ever throw to our tight ends as we rank 31st percentage wise (13.2%, 26 targets overall).  

And we drafted James Cook for that exact reason. How we are now wanting to spend high draft picks to bring in a guy that's injury prone and past him prime IMO to catch passes?

3 hours ago, Big Blitz said:

So Carolina knows it's just the Bills and Chiefs interested - so picks 29-31.  They want a higher pick or more of them.

Probably want our 1st, and a 1st in 2024.

They would have to give us their 2024 2nd RD for me to even consider that.   

To Carolina:

2023 and 2024 1st RD picks

To Bills: 

CMC

2024 2nd RD pick (pick 33-38?)

As much as Beane likes him, I don't think he's that stupid.

36 minutes ago, HappyDays said:

Maybe I'm underrating what his cost will be but he'll only get paid for a quarter of the season. Coming off his 2nd ACL tear late in the season and chasing production plus a ring so that he can leverage himself for a big contract in the offseason. He'll be affordable, guaranteed.

I'm happy where our receiver core is with Diggs, Gabe, Shakir, and McK.

4 minutes ago, JDubya76 said:

You might want to re-read that post. 

trade our first two for their first two and CMC. I’d do that all day long.

The way I read it is they would want our first round this coming year and next year.   No way.

Edited by Billz4ever

1 minute ago, NeverOutNick said:

Singletary is a baller I’m not giving much up for CMC. Max id do is James Cook and a second rounder next year

Singletary is INCAPABLE of beating defenders to the edge. He should have scored before the McKenzie spasm on 4th down. TJ Yeldon would have scored there. Wide open hole.

• Eyeroll 2
  • Disagree 2
  • Agree 1

Just now, FireChans said:

Singletary is INCAPABLE of beating defenders to the edge. He should have scored before the McKenzie spasm on 4th down. TJ Yeldon would have scored there. Wide open hole.

Ya I like him but he is a solid 1b he problem he doesn’t scare defenses but I wouldn’t trade him in a CMC deal 

He made some nice runs today. Like usual. Unfortunately he also absolutely bombed on some plays that were there for the taking. That meant a lot at key moments. And like usual, he failed 

Just now, Draconator said:

Singletary had nearly 100 yards rushing. He is a good back. Your posts are trash. 

He left a ton of plays on the field. Including scoring plays that we watch being made ALL OVER the NFL every week. 

He’s decent. Nice kid. But his inability to burst is a PROBLEM

• Agree 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

Singletary is decent but there are opportunities on the field for so much more. There's a reason Cook is the only RB to score a rushing TD this year - speed matters in the red zone.

The Bills proved tonight they are capable of beating the Chiefs even when Mahomes is playing well. BUT they didn't prove that a Super Bowl appearance is all but guaranteed. McCaffrey puts us over the top. Get it done.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Eyeroll 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, BigDingus said:

This game highlighted once again that CMC would not fix the glaring short yardage problem.

There was a short yardage run that Singletary flubbed, made a pointless extra move instead of hitting the hole. McCaffrey doesn't make that mistake. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

22 minutes ago, FireChans said:

Bills won so Singletary is good now is a bad take.

Dude...the fact you are in here railing on Singletary who had a great game today just announces to the whole board you have nothing to say and only care about pushing a bias agenda regardless of the facts of what just happened on the field.  

Josh Allen GUSHED about Devin in the post game presser too and how important he is out there on the field.  

But hey, keep going with a misguided rant towards a guy who played great today just to serve your desire to be right about him.  

• Like (+1) 3
  • Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

14 minutes ago, Alphadawg7 said:

Dude...the fact you are in here railing on Singletary who had a great game today just announces to the whole board you have nothing to say and only care about pushing a bias agenda regardless of the facts of what just happened on the field.  

Josh Allen GUSHED about Devin in the post game presser too and how important he is out there on the field.  

But hey, keep going with a misguided rant towards a guy who played great today just to serve your desire to be right about him.  

Just wait til you see the hole on 1st and goal lol

Just wait til you see the hole on 1st and goal lol

I find it hilarious when people who have an agenda against one player will go find one play to hang their hat on while ignoring all the other great plays they made.  

Every player on every team in every game for all of NFL history has plays where they didn't get the job done on some specific play.  

It's about what they did as a whole.  And he had a great game.  Period.  

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.