Christian McCaffrey rumors

Steel City Mafia

1 minute ago, I am the egg man said:

The Bills FO is spreading rumors?

What?  I didn't say or imply anything that would remotely suggest that.

Does make you wonder the wording and reporting of the tweets that said the Bills denied it.  The FO generally says they talk with a lot of teams on a regular basis to improve the squad.

1 minute ago, Einstein's Dog said:

Does make you wonder the wording and reporting of the tweets that said the Bills denied it.  The FO generally says they talk with a lot of teams on a regular basis to improve the squad.

Agreed, the Bills went way out of their way to tell Dan Fetes they did "NOT" reach out to the panthers.  Then Tom P specifically mentions Bills.

I'd say Bills don't want other contenders to know of their interest 

2 minutes ago, FrenchConnection said:

I think that they would spread the rumor that we didn't call about him. It's in their interest.

So they spread a rumor to deflect from a fact or a rumor.

This thread definitely needs and will get more of this logic. 🙄

7 minutes ago, Einstein's Dog said:

Sorry, I quoted the wrong thread.

Edited by I am the egg man
  • Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Royale with Cheese said:

No our running game isn’t great.  But why would Barkley, Henry and CMC average 3 ypc behind our line when Singletary averages more?

Because facts don't matter to people who just live in the world of over exaggerating everything to further their view.  

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

34 minutes ago, Warriorspikes51 said:

FWIW,  I did see someone on Twitter claim their buddy who works for the Bills and previously worked for the Panthers is saying it will happen 

The person is a Raiders fan so has no agenda.

They were challenged and verified with picture of a Bills official sideline shirt (person's name was covered) and a Carolina Panthers ball signed by many players on top of the Bills shirt.

Even if he worked those jobs how could he possibly know this 

20 minutes ago, Warriorspikes51 said:

Juan Carlos Vazquez  blue check  114k followers  Spanish Fox announcer for 18 Super Bowls  just said Bills, Seahawks and Bucs called on CMC

Why the heck would the Hawks trade for  him. I mean don’t get me wrong it’d be hilarious, but it makes zero sense. 

28 minutes ago, unbillievable said:

Edmunds for CMC.

And elite MLB that can play all 3 downs who’s 24 for an elite RB talent who has a massive injury history and probably shouldn’t be getting more than 20 touches a game at this point in his career?

45 minutes ago, I am the egg man said:

The Bills FO is spreading rumors?

No, a lot of the early exchanges happen through intermediaries.  They probably didn’t contact the panthers. Doesn’t mean some agents haven’t talked with each other 

17 hours ago, FireChans said:

Imo we have two stars on offense. If we drop to 1, we are not gonna like the result

all of a sudden Josh really starts trying to make magic and it’s a long season for him to try to stay healthy . One more weapon would definitely be nice. 

1 hour ago, appoo said:

Even if he worked those jobs how could he possibly know this 

Why the heck would the Hawks trade for  him. I mean don’t get me wrong it’d be hilarious, but it makes zero sense. 

And elite MLB that can play all 3 downs who’s 24 for an elite RB talent who has a massive injury history and probably shouldn’t be getting more than 20 touches a game at this point in his career?

No, a lot of the early exchanges happen through intermediaries.  They probably didn’t contact the panthers. Doesn’t mean some agents haven’t talked with each other 

20 touches a game is 340 touches. That’s a heavy workload.

Edited by NoSaint

5 hours ago, MAJBobby said:

Ooo so cute. Legit Offensive Guards. Is that really that hard to figure out? 

Panthers said NOPE. 

Sarcasm...

Edit. Fwiw, I'm on team trade for an OG. When Hyde went down I had safety as a target l, but Johnson and damar will work just fine.

I still do want to be better at the RB position, but Cook and Devin may be ok with better OG play...

Edited by Reed83HOF

4 hours ago, Lost said:

We could have McCaffrey, Derrick Henry and Saquon Barkley and none of them would average more than 3yrds/carry with our run blocking.  

This is such a stupid trade if they were to make it.   Give me an offensive guard that can create running lanes and get some push downfield.

If that is the case - does that mean Singletary, Moss, and Cook are that much better than the guys you are mentioning?

Singletary - 4.3 YPC

Moss - 5.4 YPC

Cook - 5.2 YPC

The team average is 5.1 YPC.

Are you saying that McCaffrey, Barkley, or Henry would be so bad that they could not match a guy like Singletary behind this line because that makes no sense.  All 3 are better players - so I would think that they could at least hit the same holes the other 3 hit and make similar yards per carry.

I would also hope that a run like Moss had against Pittsburgh - maybe those 3 turn that from a 6 yard run off the goal line into a 30 or 40 yard run with some vision and balance.

4 minutes ago, Rochesterfan said:

I would also hope that a run like Moss had against Pittsburgh - maybe those 3 turn that from a 6 yard run off the goal line into a 30 or 40 yard run with some vision and balance.

I referenced that play as well. It was something right out of Looney Tunes and really sealed his fate for me. Bad showing.

1 hour ago, since79 said:

Why would a FO deny this if it is not their typical MO?

We are approaching our biggest game of the year.  Adding doubt and questions to your RB room is not a good thing going into this game.  I think we will have to wait it out to see...

You nailed it without realizing it. They are approaching the biggest game of the year.

Why create such a distraction before the Chiefs game? Why create an even bigger media circus before the Chiefs?

EDIT - Page 25! Watch out Ertz

Edited by RocCityRoller

Moss needs to go to some other team and not be a third round pick, go in with no expectations and be the underdog again and find his confidence. He's so desperate to make plays that when he got in the open field it just made him antsy. He's pressing. Needs a change of scenery.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.