Christian McCaffrey rumors

Steel City Mafia

5 hours ago, Buffalo_Stampede said:

Zack Moss and a 1st to 49ers for McCaffery?

4 hours ago, Rc2catch said:

We should just go get Taysum hill. He plays everything. Backup quarterback, running back, tight end, special teams.. 

Just imagine him throwing touchdowns to Allen from the wildcat. My fantasy football team would explode!!!! 

I love when you guys try to pull me back from the ledge...:wub:

• Awesome! (+1) 1

6 hours ago, BADOLBILZ said:

No, you missed his.

Good effort, but no. Again, as I stated, I understand not thinking he’d be worth the assets given to acquire him. But there were posters ITT legit trying to argue that he wouldn’t have been an upgrade at the RB position. That was nuts.

3 hours ago, Hsker4life said:

Good effort, but no. Again, as I stated, I understand not thinking he’d be worth the assets given to acquire him. But there were posters ITT legit trying to argue that he wouldn’t have been an upgrade at the RB position. That was nuts.

At this point of their careers the difference between McCaffrey and Singletary is just a fraction of a yard per touch statistically and RB is the least important of the 22 positions.    

And that's not where the lack of impact ends.

There is no advantage to playing two of them simultaneously like there is at other positions.  So it's not like you create synergy with a modest upgrade...........like upgrading a CB position and allowing the previous starter to line up against lesser receivers etc..

The RB position is truly funneled into being unimpactful and what's worse is that it's hard to sustain run success in the playoffs so the more you use them in the regular season to try to make them impactful..........the more it puts you in position to fail in the playoffs where increased defensive intensity tends to overwhelm running games.

It's a f*cked up situation for RB's and that's why almost all of them are basically muscle hamsters now..........undersized and or slower athletes who are physically built to only be able to play one position in the NFL.      

Edited by BADOLBILZ
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Sad 1
  • Disagree 1
  • Agree 1

12 hours ago, BADOLBILZ said:

AGAIN.........he had no incentive to sign an extension and sell his future services low coming off two terrible, injury riddled seasons...........neither the Giants or any acquiring team had any leverage over him contractually because his remaining money was already fully guaranteed.

And the Giants are in terrible cap shape so they weren't interested in eating cap space for anyone to facilitate a trade.

This back and forth on RB value reminds me of Robin Williams in Good Morning Vietnam interviewing his weather correspondent Roosevelt E. Roosevelt:

What's the weather like out there?  "It's hot. Darn hot! Real hot! Hottest things is my shorts. I could cook things in it. A little crotch pot cooking."

Well, can you tell me what it feels like?  "Fool, it's hot! I told you again! Were you born on the sun? It's darn hot!"

• Haha (+1) 1

12 hours ago, Rc2catch said:

We should just go get Taysum hill. He plays everything. Backup quarterback, running back, tight end, special teams.. 

Just imagine him throwing touchdowns to Allen from the wildcat. My fantasy football team would explode!!!! 

I like this idea a lot. Unfortunately Saints won't trade him and his contract is hefty 

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.