Christian McCaffrey rumors

Steel City Mafia

54 minutes ago, HappyDays said:

This guy is a Panthers podcaster that apparently reported early in the season that there was tension between Panthers players and their DC Phil Snow, and that report turned out to be correct. Take it with a grain of salt.

A 2nd and Devin Singletary? Ha! Get the hell outta here.

I'm not giving up a 2nd alone for McCaffrey. Let alone give up our best RB and a beloved locker room player.

Singletary needs to be here this season if we have McCaffrey. If CMC gets hurt, and the odds of that are VERY high, we're left with Moss and Cook. And neither have been very good this season.

The offer is Moss and a 4th. Or a 3rd or a 4th this year, late rounder next year. Maybe you could talk me into Moss and a 3rd, but that's the most I'm doing. Anything beyond that and they can go kick rocks.

Edited by BillsFanForever19
  • Agree 1

8 hours ago, Lost said:

We could have McCaffrey, Derrick Henry and Saquon Barkley and none of them would average more than 3yrds/carry with our run blocking. 

Sunday vs Steelers Single vary and Moss had 7 hoc and Cook had 7.8.  

11 carries all together.  We could have all those guys but they would only get a handful of carries per game.

10 minutes ago, BillsFanForever19 said:

I'm not giving up a 2nd alone for McCaffrey. Let alone give up our best RB and a beloved locker room player.

Singletary needs to be here this season if we have McCaffrey. If CMC gets hurt, and the odds of that are VERY high, we're left with Moss and Cook. And neither have been very good this season.

The offer is Moss and a 4th. Or a 3rd or a 4th this year, late rounder next year. Maybe you could talk me into Moss and a 3rd, but that's the most I'm doing. Anything beyond that and they can go kick rocks.

They said no..

I honestly don't think it's smart to give up much for CMC.

You just used a 2nd round pick on yet another RB... one that's supposed to be a great receiving threat. That's what CMC is best known for, not his rushing ability (though he's solid there too).

Now we're going to trade more picks, just 5 games into the season? We're going to add an expensive, injury-prone RB to the roster when our cap is already going to be strapped next season anyway? 

None of that changes our actual O-line or their ability to runblock either, nor does it fix the biggest issue - short yardage situations. 3rd & goal at the 1 yard line, you going to use CMC to pound the ball over what we already have? Is he going to be any better on 4th & inches than just using Josh Allen?

He's still an upgrade, but an upgrade at what cost? That's my issue. 

If they win a SB, it's all worth it. But investing huge in another RB (in both cap hit & trade capital) after already using a 2nd this year is not usually a recipe for success.

• Agree 1

2 minutes ago, BigDingus said:

I honestly don't think it's smart to give up much for CMC.

You just used a 2nd round pick on yet another RB... one that's supposed to be a great receiving threat. That's what CMC is best known for, not his rushing ability (though he's solid there too).

Now we're going to trade more picks, just 5 games into the season? We're going to add an expensive, injury-prone RB to the roster when our cap is already going to be strapped next season anyway? 

None of that changes our actual O-line or their ability to runblock either, nor does it fix the biggest issue - short yardage situations. 3rd & goal at the 1 yard line, you going to use CMC to pound the ball over what we already have? Is he going to be any better on 4th & inches than just using Josh Allen?

He's still an upgrade, but an upgrade at what cost? That's my issue. 

If they win a SB, it's all worth it. But investing huge in another RB (in both cap hit & trade capital) after already using a 2nd this year is not usually a recipe for success.

I don't think Beane is stupid enough to give up a high draft choice for a RB that has missed a million games the past two seasons.

If they ever traded for CMC, there would be no need to have Singletary.

It would be Singletary and a 5th if I was to make the trade. And I think Beane is on the same page as me. If Carolina wants more than that for a glass RB, then the trade NEVER happens.

56 minutes ago, That's No Moon said:

There is a funny thing about averages. There are lots of ways to get to the same outcome. Singletary tends to do something like this (0, 2, 3, 0, 20) to arrive at a 5 ypc average when it might be more helpful to have (3, 7, 3, 8, 4) to arrive at the same ypc. Not to mention that McCaffery would be a significantly better receiver for a Bills team that likes to throw.

Also,CMC is the defense's first and second key on Carolina's dog water offense. In Buffalo he's not.

Grading by the mean is a very unreliable stat in football where the situation is far more important. If you run for 10 1-yard td runs, you're carrying a 1ypc average

44 minutes ago, BillsFanForever19 said:

Offer them a 2nd, Moss and a future 4th 

1 hour ago, UKBillFan said:

Not a fan of trading Singletary for McCaffrey. Moss, sure, but not Singletary.

Agreed. Devin was quite good last year down the stretch and can be a solid complement along with Cook 

1 hour ago, 2020 Our Year For Sure said:

They may want to figure out a way to keep Singletary. He doesn't really have much value to them being on an expiring contract, he does have value to us to rotate in and as injury insurance.

2nd, Moss and a 4th seems like a fair middle ground for both teams.  Or a conditional 1st and Moss.  I'd rather keep Devin 

Edited by Warriorspikes51

5 minutes ago, unbillievable said:

This fanbase is making the same arguments when they traded for Lesean McCoy vs re-signing CJ Spiller.

This weeks game is going to push the narrative going into the Bye.

Win at KC: We don't need CMC!

Loss at KC: Sign OBJ and trade for CMC!

Haha if we beat KC and look good doing so, both of those players are going to want to be here 

Edited by Warriorspikes51

22 minutes ago, The Wiz said:

Both on crutches. 

Is rather fight for OBJ than take on 19m cap hit next year for CMC.

His cap hit won't be that high though. Carolina absorbs the bonus money. And that's if they don't do anything to the contract.

If we are dangling our 1st, which I doubt any other team is probably prepared to do for him, it could entice CAR to additionally eat a good chunk of his salary.

IF this happens, I think it will be because we are getting the player at a significant cap discount.

• Like (+1) 2

12 minutes ago, BrooklynBills said:

His cap hit won't be that high though. Carolina absorbs the bonus money. And that's if they don't do anything to the contract.

If we are dangling our 1st, which I doubt any other team is probably prepared to do for him, it could entice CAR to additionally eat a good chunk of his salary.

IF this happens, I think it will be because we are getting the player at a significant cap discount.

CAR already paid the bonus money.

That is his total cap hit starting next season according to wgr starting next season. 

https://www.spotrac.com/nfl/carolina-panthers/christian-mccaffrey-21749/

Assuming CAR even eats 3/4 of that (restructure then trade him)  There is still Hyde, poyer, Edmunds, Oliver and Davis coming up over the next two years. 

Should the Bills drop 5m/y on a guy that is going to get 9 touches per game or invest in the others I mentioned?

Edited by The Wiz
  • Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, DrDawkinstein said:

I think literally everyone here is on that team. But I'm still waiting for someone to name a legit OG that is in a position to be available for a trade like CMC is right now.

Austin Corbett is the only one I can think that is available right now and he's affordable too. 

Have to see where other teams end up and who may be selling....

Edit: I also don't think Bean would make a trade for an OG during the season, but Kromer had Corbett in LA.

Edited by Reed83HOF
  • Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.