Christian McCaffrey rumors

Steel City Mafia

24 minutes ago, Rock-A-Bye Beasley said:

I’d rather not give up the first obviously but that’s what I think it would take. 

I can’t believe bills fans still don’t want to add depth everywhere after all these injuries and the dolphins game. People really love future draft picks around here. 

That's because if you consistently hit on those draft picks, you continue to be a contender for years. That's why.

• Like (+1) 2

Just now, njbuff said:

That's because if you consistently hit on those draft picks, you continue to be a contender for years. That's why.

Great, then flip them for draft picks after the season. Sure it won’t be a late first, but those players will have a lower cap hit. Think of it like trading down and getting help this year. 

Maybe you can get it done for much less compensation, I’m just saying I would be willing to part with the first since there is no future guaranteed money and they can be flipped to recover draft capital. 

Just now, Rock-A-Bye Beasley said:

Great, then flip them for draft picks after the season. Sure it won’t be a late first, but those players will have a lower cap hit. Think of it like trading down and getting help this year. 

Maybe you can get it done for much less compensation, I’m just saying I would be willing to part with the first since there is no future guaranteed money and they can be flipped to recover draft capital. 

Beane isn't trading a high draft choice for CMC (1st, 2nd or 3rd).

I am willing to bet that if this trade ever went (which I would be shocked if it did)........

it will be Singletary and a 4th or 5th for CMC.

Carolina won't go for it, which means this trade will never happen.

1 minute ago, njbuff said:

I am willing to bet that if this trade ever went (which I would be shocked if it did)........

You’re probably right. I just think it’s worth it for a 2nd. We just drafted a guy we hope can be some form of CMC for us in the late 2nd so the real thing for at least one SB run is worth that to me. Then you add in the ability to trade him again in the offseason. 

3 minutes ago, Rock-A-Bye Beasley said:

You’re probably right. I just think it’s worth it for a 2nd. We just drafted a guy we hope can be some form of CMC for us in the late 2nd so the real thing for at least one SB run is worth that to me. Then you add in the ability to trade him again in the offseason. 

The Bills already have way more than enough to plow their way to a ring this year, but hey, they may make a deal.

What do I know? I am just trying to tell everyone the truth here. 😁

1 hour ago, njbuff said:

If you believe you can win the SB and elite additions help you do it....you part with the picks.  No one will care about them in April if you have a ring 

• Like (+1) 3

16 hours ago, MAJBobby said:

Agree. The reality is this cannot be ignored 

it also highlights how much Josh Allen covers for Bad OL play. 

9800E156-3F43-403A-9414-2C247DAFFE0F.jpeg

Lol wow!!!  That’s disturbing.  I was hoping the addition of Kromer would make up the the difference in the run game, rather than adding talent.  I was wrong. Pathetic

1 minute ago, RyanC883 said:

yikes, kc at first.  

First of all, the pass block win rate is the same. And I would argue that both of those numbers are skewed lower because both Mahones and Allen tend to run around behind the line of scrimmage giving their linemen time to “lose.” 

That is also a bad data viz, because the pass block scale runs from 40% to 80% but the run block scale only runs from 66% to 76%. If you had a similar scale for the run blocking, you’d have a whole bunch of teams bunched up to the right.

• Like (+1) 3

6 minutes ago, NewEra said:

Lol wow!!!  That’s disturbing.  I was hoping the addition of Kromer would make up the the difference in the run game, rather than adding talent.  I was wrong. Pathetic

It is a small sample size but I would say that the teams we’ve played all have strong d lines and play tough defense. Rams, titans, Miami was the heat and Steelers. Our backs do have nice ypc 

• Like (+1) 1

17 hours ago, MAJBobby said:

it also highlights how much Josh Allen covers for Bad OL play. 

That chart shows that our pass blocking is slightly better than KC's, but their run blocking is substantially better. I wouldn't say that shows Allen has to cover for bad OL play more than Mahomes, it shows that he can't lean on the run game as much. Although I watched the Chiefs run game against the Raiders and it looked just as pointless as ours does most of the time.

12 minutes ago, HappyDays said:

That chart shows that our pass blocking is slightly better than KC's, but their run blocking is substantially better. I wouldn't say that shows Allen has to cover for bad OL play more than Mahomes, it shows that he can't lean on the run game as much. Although I watched the Chiefs run game against the Raiders and it looked just as pointless as ours does most of the time.

Look at the scales. All that chart shows is that the variation between the best and worst run blocking lines is much narrower than that between the best and worst pass blocking lines. The Chiefs have a 11% higher win rate in run blocking than the Bills, while the Browns have a 36% higher win rate than the Cowboys in pass blocking.  

29 minutes ago, HappyDays said:

IMO the Bills OL talent is much more suited for running the ball than pass blocking.    The data really causes confusion.   The problem with the run game is the scheme.  From running out of shotgun to once again trying to be a zone blocking team and now more RPO's........none of these things gets the OL downhill and in position to be their best at blocking for success in the run game.   But that's what suits Allen best right now.   He wants to be in shotgun with lots of time to look at the defense.   The zone blocking makes for quick and easy line calls.  This is the nature of the Bills offense right now.   Maybe later in the season they make changes........as they did last season.

Edited by BADOLBILZ
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 2

We don't have singleterry locked up after this year - but there is no way i am trading him and a 2nd.

i'd consider mcaffery for a 6th w/singleterry.

singleterry is the process. cmc is glass.

17 hours ago, HappyDays said:

This guy is a Panthers podcaster that apparently reported early in the season that there was tension between Panthers players and their DC Phil Snow, and that report turned out to be correct. Take it with a grain of salt.

robbie anderson is a solid player but i like DJ moore more.

also like that tackle down here who's name escapes me.

• Like (+1) 2

CMC is a 5th Round for me...nothing else. If it's Moore and CMC then Moss and a 4th is fine...but, we have WRs for the long-term. We need a rental WR for depth, a rental Safety for depth due to Hyde, and then an upgrade at RB - not a long term solution at RB because I think Cook is the man for the future. IMHO, we don't spend capital on a RB who is on the down slope of his career at a position that is quite replaceable and shouldn't require significant cost. 

• Agree 1

51 minutes ago, Boyst62 said:

We don't have singleterry locked up after this year - but there is no way i am trading him and a 2nd.

Singletary and a 6th for CMC? Do you have any idea how entirely unrealistic and insane this is?

Maybe the Panthers will offer us Baker Mayield and a 3rd rounder for Josh Allen 🤣

• Like (+1) 3
  • Haha (+1) 1

25 minutes ago, ArtVandalay said:

Singletary and a 6th for CMC? Do you have any idea how entirely unrealistic and insane this is?

Maybe the Panthers will offer us Baker Mayield and a 3rd rounder for Josh Allen 🤣

i know it's unrealistic. but that is the value i place on our need for cmc. not the value of cmc but our need of.

we do not need him. and he would be lucky to get to buffalo.

• Agree 1

1 minute ago, BIGFOOTspaceman said:

I don't even think adding CMC makes a noticeable difference in the Bills production in their running game.  The Oline is not built for a running attack.

We are a passing offense, so it makes sense to have elite receiving backs.  

• Thank you (+1) 1

One thing to keep in mind is Singletary is in the last year of his contract, so he will likely either 1. walk next year for nothing in return or 2. cost us at least $5M/year to re-sign.

Given that, trading him and a pick (even a 2nd, which I dont love) for CMC and a contract extension that gives him 2/$15M, $10M guaranteed... I think I'd rather have CMC than Singletary.

Additionally, CMC can tutor Cook like Miller and the young DEs. I know that Cook and Singletary go way back and have been training together for a while, but I dont think Devin really brings all that much vet experience to the table.

So if we are going to spend $5M/year on our RB1 the next couple of years, and can choose between CMC and Singletary... I think I lean CMC. Even with the cost of a 2nd (which will be the 63rd pick and pretty much a 3rd).

• Like (+1) 2

22 minutes ago, BIGFOOTspaceman said:

I don't even think adding CMC makes a noticeable difference in the Bills production in their running game.  The Oline is not built for a running attack.

Unfortunately this is true also. Maybe CMC can make more out of the little holes created than Singletary can? Our OL is just so incredibly bad at run blocking. But I also don't want to see Josh get hurt?

I'm not quite sure where I stand with trading for CMC. A 2nd and Singletary does seem a little steep for a guy that's had recent bad luck with injuries, and subsequently coming to a team that's had bad luck recently with injuries. I'm surprised no one has said our 2nd and Singletary for CMC and Blackshear. The temptation outside of CMC's skillset is the fact we can let him go with no cap hit at the end of the year. I'm really hoping we don't go for both CMC and OBJ. The pressure to deliver a SB win would be crazy if we get them both

14 minutes ago, buffalo2218 said:

I'm not quite sure where I stand with trading for CMC. A 2nd and Singletary does seem a little steep for a guy that's had recent bad luck with injuries, and subsequently coming to a team that's had bad luck recently with injuries. I'm surprised no one has said our 2nd and Singletary for CMC and Blackshear. The temptation outside of CMC's skillset is the fact we can let him go with no cap hit at the end of the year. I'm really hoping we don't go for both CMC and OBJ. The pressure to deliver a SB win would be crazy if we get them both

2nd and Singletary is steep?

You don't want the pressure to deliver a SB?

Woe is me....

18 minutes ago, BillsSbSoon said:

I don’t see devin being traded. Josh loves him and he would prolly be pretty po’ed if that happened. 

He loves him and he's helping him get the best 2nd contract possible. I'm sure he knows that may not be with the Bills, but Josh keeps many friends around the league who are not Bills.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, ArtVandalay said:

I would skip adding Singletary and just trade the pick and have him as a rental for rest of year, no interest in long term with CMC.  

I think signing OBJ at a team friendly, balance of 2022 contract is the way to go.  No picks needed and no $$ next year either.  SB baby!

8 minutes ago, LeGOATski said:

He loves him and he's helping him get the best 2nd contract possible. I'm sure he knows that may not be with the Bills, but Josh keeps many friends around the league who are not Bills.

Yeah but you’re potentially disrupting team chemistry in doing so. If we ended up with cmc ok great but singletary is pretty durable which cmc hasn’t been. I just don’t see devin being moved in season at all. 

2 hours ago, BigBuff423 said:

CMC is a 5th Round for me...nothing else. If it's Moore and CMC then Moss and a 4th is fine...but, we have WRs for the long-term. We need a rental WR for depth, a rental Safety for depth due to Hyde, and then an upgrade at RB - not a long term solution at RB because I think Cook is the man for the future. IMHO, we don't spend capital on a RB who is on the down slope of his career at a position that is quite replaceable and shouldn't require significant cost. 

The reason i think the rumors are likely somewhat BS?  When we initially explored the CMC trade, we didn't have Cook.  Now we do - it kind of changes how much I'm willing to offer for a running back when i drafted a pass catching running back.  

• Agree 1

3 hours ago, Boyst62 said:

I would 100% trade a 2nd and Devin for CMC, even if its a 1 year rental.  Devin walking anyway, plus maybe he will get me more points in fantasy if he went to a team that actually used him.

But there is no denying, CMC is a game changer player.  We got a serious shot at the SB right now, I have no objection to one all in move here to do everything possible to get us over the top for that Lombardi trophy this year.  

If we had recently won a SB, or had a bunch of SB wins under the belt...I would be less inclined for an all in move with how well we are playing.  But damn, not only do I want to get there, I sure as heck don't wanna lose again if we get to the big dance.  And having another elite player on the roster helps hedge against unforeseen things like injuries to other key weapons.  

So...while I am not convinced it happens...I would do this trade to make a major uptick in our SB victory odds.  And I am usually against all in moves...unless you clearly have a STRONG path to the SB already like we do.  

Edited by Alphadawg7
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Disagree 2
  • Agree 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

16 minutes ago, LeGOATski said:

2nd and Singletary is steep?

You don't want the pressure to deliver a SB?

Woe is me....

The Bills were already favored before the season started, and then you add 2 playmakers just 5 weeks in to the season. And yes, a 2nd alone for a oft injured RB is a bit steep, then Singletary drives it up even further. If CMC doesn't pan out, then what happens next season? We still don't know what we have in Cook and we already know Moss is inconsistent at best. For whatever reason, injuries are happening more frequently this year than years past. If it happens that CMC does lift this offense, that's awesome, don't get me wrong. 

• Disagree 1

1 hour ago, BIGFOOTspaceman said:

Wasn't that supposed to be Cook?  It would come down to cost for me....If the P's wat a 1st or a 2nd....I say no way.  But thats just me.  

Ofcourse that is supposed to be Cook. But he is a rook and we are ready for a Super Bowl run. The odds are (baring injury) that CMC gives us more this year than Cook. That’s entirely realistic. 

12 minutes ago, Bleeding Bills Blue said:

The reason i think the rumors are likely somewhat BS?  When we initially explored the CMC trade, we didn't have Cook.  Now we do - it kind of changes how much I'm willing to offer for a running back when i drafted a pass catching running back.  

We tried trading for Miller, that fell through, so we drafted 2 DEs. And then still brought in Miller when he was available.

I'm thinking same here. We've called on CMC before, no deal, drafted Cook. That doesnt stop us from bringing in CMC. If anything, given how McD works, it makes it more likely since he likes having those vet tutors. And given how Beane works, he doesnt take 1 or even 2 players as being the solution. He likes to throw numbers at the problem areas.

• Agree 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.