Christian McCaffrey rumors

Steel City Mafia

7 minutes ago, Lost said:

So our running game is okay then?  

I see it almost entirely as a blocking/playcalling problem.  Almost all of our no gain runs from Moss/Singletary are because there is literally a defender with hands on them within 200ms of them getting the ball.   They aren't even getting opportunity to create something on a lot of those plays.  

Also from an health perspective.  RB is the least injury prone position on our team while OL has been banged up.   Guard would just be a better trade investment IMO.

I agree on the play-calling aspect. We called more outside/off-tackle runs last game and they worked far better than slamming it into the pile in the middle. I'd love to see way more running behind Spencer Brown.

And yes, OL can be improved. But again, so could RB. Plus, there arent any good Guards available or I'm sure Beane would be all over it. Gotta work with what is available in reality.

20 minutes ago, Big Turk said:

pump the brakes.  

Looks like it's more speculation than what has actually happened.  Tom Pelissero reporting Panthers have not talked to the Bills or any other team about McCaffrey for that matter.

i don't buy it.

i think this is a way the Panthers put the flag up to signal that the competition for him is wide open and they're open to anyone calling.

starting to think he ends up in Denver.

• Like (+1) 1

58 minutes ago, Lost said:

We could have McCaffrey, Derrick Henry and Saquon Barkley and none of them would average more than 3yrds/carry with our run blocking.  

This is such a stupid trade if they were to make it.   Give me an offensive guard that can create running lanes and get some push downfield.

Cody Ford might be available.

• Haha (+1) 2

I would love CMC.  Hope it would be more than just the remaining year and include a restructure for next year too.  Because that is a little uncertain right now.  They could include Singletary in the deal.

Offensively in a budget and team construction sense, the FO never really replaced E Sanders -they just promoted from within.   They found a cheaper replacement for Beas with Crowder and now he is out, tried and failed on a TE in OJ Howard and he is gone.  The Offense could use a stud veteran playmaker as we bring along and develop the young players into the roles.

• Like (+1) 1

There is a lot of smoke here. The "denial" from Tom P. which specifically mentions Bills is suspicious and wasn't needed.

Dan Fetes isn't going to make up rumors. He's the news anchor for Rochester.

Mike Florio seems to believe we're interested.  Adam Caplan and Ryan Talbot have both stated the Bills were interested in McCaffrey in the offseason.

As another poster pointed out, Beane sought to get Diggs and Von multiple times before landing them.

Considering Beane previously said CMC was his best ever draft pick.... I'm sure he's tried multiple times since 2020 to acquire him 

It's likely Beane doesn't want the attention in case it doesn't happen / doesn't want other teams to believe the Bills are interested until it's too late

Seems reasonable a deal could be done during our bye week  

Edited by Warriorspikes51
  • Like (+1) 2

38 minutes ago, Boyst62 said:

i don't buy it.

i think this is a way the Panthers put the flag up to signal that the competition for him is wide open and they're open to anyone calling.

Either that or the Bills did.....because they don't want our players to know in case it doesn't happen / other teams to think we want him until it's too late

Given all the reputable talking/twitter head reporters in on the Bills want CMC rumor, thus making it credible, obviously the Bills aren’t being forthright on the matter.

Bills fan deserve better given the clarity of the reporting on the matter. 😔

Edited by I am the egg man
  • Eyeroll 1

3 minutes ago, I am the egg man said:

With all the talking/twitter head reporters in on the Bills want CMC rumor, thus making it credible, obviously the Bills aren’t being forthright on the matter.

Bills fan deserve better. 

twitter is repeatedly saying the Bills are NOT in on CMC talks....

56 minutes ago, Boyst62 said:

i don't buy it.

Denver is not a realistic option.  They have no draft capital after the Wilson trade. Even after the injury to Williams, they still have Gordon and Murray at RB.  They aren't going anywhere this year (honestly their roster isn't that good they are not a contender anytime soon IMO).  Next year when Williams comes back they will have no need for both him and CMC. Just makes no sense. 

Bills make a TON of sense on paper.  CMC's contract is actually great, Bills would pay him almost nothing this year and his salary in the remaining years is a steal if he's healthy (would be similar to what we are paying Knox), if not there is no guaranteed money left on the deal can cut/trade him at no penalty, or re work his deal. Having CMC and Singletary to compliment each other would be amazing and put this team over the top.  Just don't want to give up too much draft capital to get him.

43 minutes ago, Einstein's Dog said:

I would love CMC.  Hope it would be more than just the remaining year and include a restructure for next year too.  Because that is a little uncertain right now.  They could include Singletary in the deal.

Offensively in a budget and team construction sense, the FO never really replaced E Sanders -they just promoted from within.   They found a cheaper replacement for Beas with Crowder and now he is out, tried and failed on a TE in OJ Howard and he is gone.  The Offense could use a stud veteran playmaker as we bring along and develop the young players into the roles.

CMC has THREE years left on his deal after this season. So many people keep erroneously stating he’s on his last year of his deal. 

If the Bills were to trade for CMC then I wouldn’t worry over the contract or the compensation because in Beane I trust. What would concern me would be the potential interruption of team chemistry, that aspect I don’t know what to expect. I’d be curious what the potential ramifications would be.

2 hours ago, Lost said:

We could have McCaffrey, Derrick Henry and Saquon Barkley and none of them would average more than 3yrds/carry with our run blocking.  

This is such a stupid trade if they were to make it.   Give me an offensive guard that can create running lanes and get some push downfield.

Wrong 

6 minutes ago, Billznut said:

CMC has THREE years left on his deal after this season. So many people keep erroneously stating he’s on his last year of his deal. 

CMC is out of guaranteed money on his contract.  This would be incentive for CMC to rework his deal.  So many people keep thinking these contract numbers are set in stone.

27 minutes ago, Einstein's Dog said:

CMC is out of guaranteed money on his contract.  This would be incentive for CMC to rework his deal.  So many people keep thinking these contract numbers are set in stone.

The Bills FO is spreading rumors?

FWIW,  I did see someone on Twitter claim their buddy who works for the Bills and previously worked for the Panthers is saying it will happen 

The person is a Raiders fan so has no agenda.

They were challenged and verified with picture of a Bills official sideline shirt (person's name was covered) and a Carolina Panthers ball signed by many players on top of the Bills shirt.

• Haha (+1) 1

1 minute ago, I am the egg man said:

What?  I didn't say or imply anything that would remotely suggest that.

Does make you wonder the wording and reporting of the tweets that said the Bills denied it.  The FO generally says they talk with a lot of teams on a regular basis to improve the squad.

1 minute ago, Einstein's Dog said:

Does make you wonder the wording and reporting of the tweets that said the Bills denied it.  The FO generally says they talk with a lot of teams on a regular basis to improve the squad.

Agreed, the Bills went way out of their way to tell Dan Fetes they did "NOT" reach out to the panthers.  Then Tom P specifically mentions Bills.

I'd say Bills don't want other contenders to know of their interest 

2 minutes ago, FrenchConnection said:

I think that they would spread the rumor that we didn't call about him. It's in their interest.

So they spread a rumor to deflect from a fact or a rumor.

This thread definitely needs and will get more of this logic. 🙄

7 minutes ago, Einstein's Dog said:

Sorry, I quoted the wrong thread.

Edited by I am the egg man
  • Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Royale with Cheese said:

No our running game isn’t great.  But why would Barkley, Henry and CMC average 3 ypc behind our line when Singletary averages more?

Because facts don't matter to people who just live in the world of over exaggerating everything to further their view.  

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

34 minutes ago, Warriorspikes51 said:

FWIW,  I did see someone on Twitter claim their buddy who works for the Bills and previously worked for the Panthers is saying it will happen 

The person is a Raiders fan so has no agenda.

They were challenged and verified with picture of a Bills official sideline shirt (person's name was covered) and a Carolina Panthers ball signed by many players on top of the Bills shirt.

Even if he worked those jobs how could he possibly know this 

20 minutes ago, Warriorspikes51 said:

Juan Carlos Vazquez  blue check  114k followers  Spanish Fox announcer for 18 Super Bowls  just said Bills, Seahawks and Bucs called on CMC

Why the heck would the Hawks trade for  him. I mean don’t get me wrong it’d be hilarious, but it makes zero sense. 

28 minutes ago, unbillievable said:

Edmunds for CMC.

And elite MLB that can play all 3 downs who’s 24 for an elite RB talent who has a massive injury history and probably shouldn’t be getting more than 20 touches a game at this point in his career?

45 minutes ago, I am the egg man said:

No, a lot of the early exchanges happen through intermediaries.  They probably didn’t contact the panthers. Doesn’t mean some agents haven’t talked with each other 

17 hours ago, FireChans said:

Imo we have two stars on offense. If we drop to 1, we are not gonna like the result

all of a sudden Josh really starts trying to make magic and it’s a long season for him to try to stay healthy . One more weapon would definitely be nice. 

1 hour ago, appoo said:

Even if he worked those jobs how could he possibly know this 

Why the heck would the Hawks trade for  him. I mean don’t get me wrong it’d be hilarious, but it makes zero sense. 

And elite MLB that can play all 3 downs who’s 24 for an elite RB talent who has a massive injury history and probably shouldn’t be getting more than 20 touches a game at this point in his career?

No, a lot of the early exchanges happen through intermediaries.  They probably didn’t contact the panthers. Doesn’t mean some agents haven’t talked with each other 

20 touches a game is 340 touches. That’s a heavy workload.

Edited by NoSaint

5 hours ago, MAJBobby said:

Ooo so cute. Legit Offensive Guards. Is that really that hard to figure out? 

Panthers said NOPE. 

Sarcasm...

Edit. Fwiw, I'm on team trade for an OG. When Hyde went down I had safety as a target l, but Johnson and damar will work just fine.

I still do want to be better at the RB position, but Cook and Devin may be ok with better OG play...

Edited by Reed83HOF

4 hours ago, Lost said:

If that is the case - does that mean Singletary, Moss, and Cook are that much better than the guys you are mentioning?

Singletary - 4.3 YPC

Moss - 5.4 YPC

Cook - 5.2 YPC

The team average is 5.1 YPC.

Are you saying that McCaffrey, Barkley, or Henry would be so bad that they could not match a guy like Singletary behind this line because that makes no sense.  All 3 are better players - so I would think that they could at least hit the same holes the other 3 hit and make similar yards per carry.

I would also hope that a run like Moss had against Pittsburgh - maybe those 3 turn that from a 6 yard run off the goal line into a 30 or 40 yard run with some vision and balance.

4 minutes ago, Rochesterfan said:

I would also hope that a run like Moss had against Pittsburgh - maybe those 3 turn that from a 6 yard run off the goal line into a 30 or 40 yard run with some vision and balance.

I referenced that play as well. It was something right out of Looney Tunes and really sealed his fate for me. Bad showing.

1 hour ago, since79 said:

Why would a FO deny this if it is not their typical MO?

We are approaching our biggest game of the year.  Adding doubt and questions to your RB room is not a good thing going into this game.  I think we will have to wait it out to see...

You nailed it without realizing it. They are approaching the biggest game of the year.

Why create such a distraction before the Chiefs game? Why create an even bigger media circus before the Chiefs?

EDIT - Page 25! Watch out Ertz

Edited by RocCityRoller

Moss needs to go to some other team and not be a third round pick, go in with no expectations and be the underdog again and find his confidence. He's so desperate to make plays that when he got in the open field it just made him antsy. He's pressing. Needs a change of scenery.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.