Christian McCaffrey rumors

Steel City Mafia

2 minutes ago, Buffalo_Stampede said:

We saw similar rumors for Von Miller last year and those rumors were confirmed by Beane after they signed him this year. Same with Diggs the year before we traded for him. 

Beane just hasn’t pulled the trigger yet.

Something to be said about this. I’m not saying the trade happens. But it should definitely be noted that the Bills inquired about Diggs and Von at trade deadlines the year before they were picked up/traded for. If Beane thinks it’ll work he will want to make it happen. If it works out is a different story altogether though 

6 minutes ago, mrags said:

Something to be said about this. I’m not saying the trade happens. But it should definitely be noted that the Bills inquired about Diggs and Von at trade deadlines the year before they were picked up/traded for. If Beane thinks it’ll work he will want to make it happen. If it works out is a different story altogether though 

They did the same with Emmanuel sanders the year he got traded from Denver to SF

• Like (+1) 2

He would fit nicely in the way our offense has been attacking defenses this year.  Play cover 2 shell and we'll just kill you with the short passes.  Bring down a safety and we'll hit you deep.  We also have Singletary to lighten his load so the injury risk hopefully goes down.

If Carolina is willing to eat a big chunk of his salary I wouldn't mind the move.  I could see a 3rd and a 4th for him or something like that.

• Agree 1

38 minutes ago, Wo-Bah said:

I haven't read the whole thread, so forgive me if this has already been mentioned; what OL line is he going to run behind?  We can't open holes as it is.

You're the DC preparing for 

Allen

Diggs

Davis

CMC

Knox 

McKenzie/Shakir 

That LB that was cheating in coverage because Singletary scares no one suddenly has 5 legit different responsibilities or concerns now.  

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, 947 said:

We need our 1st round pick to cheaply rebuild the interior OL. Pick 30-32 is prime position for a game changing OG. We trade that for a RB & we're looking at more cheap FAs for the OL.

That's fine. Our o-line has clearly been good enough to blow teams out of the water on a regular basis.

2 minutes ago, Doc Brown said:

He would fit nicely in the way our offense has been attacking defenses this year.  Play cover 2 shell and we'll just kill you with the short passes.  Bring down a safety and we'll hit you deep.  We also have Singletary to lighten his load so the injury risk hopefully goes down.

If Carolina is willing to eat a big chunk of his salary I wouldn't mind the move.  I could see a 3rd and a 4th for him or something like that.

Do we really need him though?

They are clicking without him and there is only one football to share around…

3 minutes ago, Big Blitz said:

You're the DC preparing for 

Allen

Diggs

Davis

CMC

Knox 

McKenzie/Shakir 

That LB that was cheating in coverage because Singletary scares no one suddenly has 5 legit different responsibilities or concerns now.  

You forgot OBJ.

• Haha (+1) 3

2 minutes ago, london_bills said:

Gonna want more than a 4th or 5th

We moved Dareus and Watkins both for 6th round picks.

Teams that are in rebuild mode will take anything they can get.

I dont think a 6th gets this done, but a 4th isnt unreasonable.

I wish I had the audio of Romo going on about the bold moves Beane made to clean house and rebuild the team, and that is what teams need to do if they are serious about rebuilding. I hope Carolina was watching the broadcast.

Edited by DrDawkinstein
  • Like (+1) 1

Just now, DrDawkinstein said:

We moved Dareus and Watkins both for 6th round picks.

Teams that are in rebuild mode will take anything they can get.

I dont think a 6th gets this done, but a 4th isnt unreasonable.

Dareus and Watkins were questionable effort guys who didn't fit the new regimes process guys

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Rc2catch said:

What’s the point in dumping mccaffrey unless you are confident he’ll never be healthy. 

If the Panthers tank for a QB and then develop him properly (i.e., don't immediately throw him to the dogs), CMC won't be of much use to them.   Trading him while he still has some gas in the tank would provide more draft capital to rebuild with (like Beane trading Cordy Glenn to get ammo to trade up for Allen).

That said, I'd give up no more than a 3rd round pick if CMC were in fact available.

• Agree 1

5 minutes ago, Buffalo_Stampede said:

Linked yes but the GM confirmed real trade interest in Von Miller and Diggs. These were all rumors. So just because a rumor leaks doesn’t mean it’s not true. 

They were also linked and rumoured to JJ Watt.. Beane said later  they enquired about him…

I have no doubt they enquire about any player that may come on the market.. it’s literally their job to do so..

Most of the time they are outbid by another team ..

I also think that Diggs and Miller made more sense than CMC..

JMO.. 

1 minute ago, Aussie Joe said:

Do we really need him though?

They are clicking without him and there is only one football to share around…

Having that threat of an explosive receiving threat out of the backfield would add another dimension to this offense that would give d-coordinators more headaches.  Cook just isn't that guy yet like Beane envisioned.  Learning behind a guy like CMC would be ideal.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, london_bills said:

Dareus and Watkins were questionable effort guys who didn't fit the new regimes process guys

And CMC is a guy with a big contract who has been injured lately. The Panthers will want to get out of that contract, but the only way right now is to cut him and let him walk for nothing, or trade him and get SOMETHING in return.

A 4th sounds about right.

• Agree 1

1 minute ago, DrDawkinstein said:

And CMC is a guy with a big contract who has been injured lately. The Panthers will want to get out of that contract, but the only way right now is to cut him and let him walk for nothing, or trade him and get SOMETHING in return.

I'd be shocked if it's not at least a 3rd and a late round pick 

2 minutes ago, Doc Brown said:

Having that threat of an explosive receiving threat out of the backfield would add another dimension to this offense that would give d-coordinators more headaches.  Cook just isn't that guy yet like Beane envisioned.  Learning behind a guy like CMC would be ideal.

Cook's gotten only a handful of touches, is just starting to build his confidence, and now you want to give up big assets for a guy to replace him?  And RBs don't apprentice behind other RBs; they are expected to step up and contribute in their rookie season because there ain't going to be any second contract.

4 minutes ago, Doc Brown said:

This completely matches McBeane's philosophy.

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, DrDawkinstein said:

Sanity...thank you.

5 minutes ago, london_bills said:

I'd be shocked if it's not at least a 3rd and a late round pick 

Sure, we could throw out mid-round pick combos all day, and I'm sure some or most of them are being offered and discussed between the teams in question. I'd guess a 3rd and 6th adds up close to a 4th on the point chart. Same thing.

I dont think either of us thinks it will be a 1st, or 2 2nds. So we both agree it will be in those mid-round picks.

Edited by DrDawkinstein

5 minutes ago, Shake_My_Head said:

If the Panthers tank for a QB and then develop him properly (i.e., don't immediately throw him to the dogs), CMC won't be of much use to them.   Trading him while he still has some gas in the tank would provide more draft capital to rebuild with (like Beane trading Cordy Glenn to get ammo to trade up for Allen).

That said, I'd give up no more than a 3rd round pick if CMC were in fact available.

We have no clue what they want to do. Cause they don’t lol. 
They have Corral sitting on IR who may or may not be their quarterback. 
I don’t look at their roster and see a rebuild. I see a need to develop talent which Rhule could not. 
If the next coach is Sean Payton or someone who is from the offensive side of the ball I would think CMC will be a vital selling point in landing that coach. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.