Christian McCaffrey rumors

Steel City Mafia

2 minutes ago, PetermansRedemption said:

Might need to edit my previous statement. I thought he’d be a lot more expensive than this. 

I don't follow the logic behind Greg Tompsett's statement that McCaffrey would have "every incentive" to negotiate a "team friendly" deal.

I would think he'd be more like "OK, cut me and we'll try my market as a FA" especially if he just demonstrated his worth as a key addition to push a team over the top to winning the Superbowl.

Edited by Beck Water
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Just now, Beck Water said:

OK, but my point is - it isn't a 1 year rental for $600k.  It's a 1 year rental for $600k plus whatever draft and player resources we send away to obtain him.

One POV is "it's worth it - whatever it takes - sell off what you need to sell to get that final piece".

I'm not sure that's Beane's POV (for better or worse).

Sure. But that also plays into what we offer in negotiations. Obviously if we trade a 1st then we are over a barrel with having to re-sign him (a la Texans/Tunsil), but I doubt Beane does that.

If it is a 4th rounder... I can eat that for a one year rental who helps get us a SB.

1 minute ago, Beck Water said:

OK, but my point is - it isn't a 1 year rental for $600k.  It's a 1 year rental for $600k plus whatever draft and player resources we send away to obtain him.

One POV is "it's worth it - whatever it takes - sell off what you need to sell to get that final piece".

I'm not sure that's Beane's POV (for better or worse).

The nice thing about the 1 year rental, and an approach the rams always seem to take, even if you don't sign him the following year you will usually get a nice comp pick in return.

I don't follow the logic behind Greg Tompsett's statement that McCaffrey would have "every incentive" to negotiate a "team friendly" deal.

I would think he'd be more like "OK, cut me and we'll try my market as a FA" especially if he just demonstrated his worth as a key addition to push a team over the top to winning the Superbowl.

Meaning he probably wont see another ridiculous contract like the Panthers offered him even in Free Agency.

Just now, DrDawkinstein said:

Sure. But that also plays into what we offer in negotiations. Obviously if we trade a 1st then we are over a barrel with having to re-sign him (a la Texans/Tunsil), but I doubt Beane does that.

If it is a 4th rounder... I can eat that for a one year rental who helps get us a SB.

If you're Carolina, do you accept a 4th rounder to trade off one of (if not your) best players, and swallow $27M dead cap?

People need to look at this from the trade partner "what exactly do I get out of this?" POV

• Like (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Wo-Bah said:

I haven't read the whole thread, so forgive me if this has already been mentioned; what OL line is he going to run behind?  We can't open holes as it is.

He'll be catching passes from Josh Allen, so...

1 minute ago, Wo-Bah said:

I haven't read the whole thread, so forgive me if this has already been mentioned; what OL line is he going to run behind?  We can't open holes as it is.

You know he is pretty good at catching the ball as well right?    You cant fix everything at once, but if you can get a talent like him you go and get him.  He is quietly on pace for 1700 total yards this year.

If you're Carolina, do you accept a 4th rounder to trade off one of (if not your) best players, and swallow $27M dead cap?

People need to look at this from the trade partner "what exactly do I get out of this?" POV

I don’t think some people understand that typically both parties need to be happy … in their minds it’s all about how things will work out solely to benefit the Bills

1 minute ago, thenorthremembers said:

You know he is pretty good at catching the ball as well right?    You cant fix everything at once, but if you can get a talent like him you go and get him.  He is quietly on pace for 1700 total yards this year.

He's about as productive as our trio across the same number of carries FWIW.  

26 minutes ago, Joe Ferguson said:

If you bringh up Zack Moss' name in the trade, the deal will be off immediatley.  We can't even trade Moss for a bag of rocks.

We’re gonna have to sneak him in like laws inside a bill. Printed in fine print at the bottom and mixed inside like 4 different sentences. 

3 minutes ago, Wo-Bah said:

The one we have. Some simple adjustments like last year and the OL will be fine.

But he’s like another WR on the field so it really doesn’t matter. He’ll do as much damage in the air as on the ground for us. Doesn’t matter how they use him.

3 minutes ago, Beck Water said:

We went through this with Marcell Darius and others where we were getting $$$ off of the salary cap

Carolina is not as bad off as people seem to think. They have a really nice core of young players hitting their prime. And a lot more promising talent on rookie deals. They don’t have to sell. They are not about to rebuild. They simply just need a coach and someone who develops the talent they have. Corral is sitting on IR if a new coach likes him as well so quarterback might not be the huge need fans think. 
And they are not going to want moss or cook or singletary. 
They already have Hubbard and foreman and Blackshear to carry the load if they did deal CMC. 
Better be looking at sending Epenesa or Basham along with some picks. 

24 minutes ago, Process said:

Did CMC become an elite QB and I'm not aware? No? Then why the hell do I care of he goes to Miami?

It's just a question of if CMC pushes a rival from beyond their current limitations to a point that makes life more difficult for The Bills.  I don't think anyone with a pair of eyes will ever confuse Tua with Josh.  But, begrudgingly give the man his due.  When healthy, he has proven that he can deliver the ball to a wide open receiver.  

Currently, Miami is just cutting their teeth on finding ways to scheme Hill, Waddle and Giesieki into the type of wide open receivers that Tua is able to find and deliver the ball to.  When you add CMC, that gets easier for them and harder for us to defend.  The same principals apply to KC.   No sweeping conclusions here, just a question to think about.  I would not give a first in any scenario, but a third, Motor and maybe some other ways to get creative and avoid future salary cap questions, yeah I'd like to see BB have that conversation.  To me, its an interesting void to scream into.

Edited by cwater10
  • Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Warriorspikes51 said:

Adam Caplan stated we had strong interest in him in the offseason but he "wasn't available"

Ryan Talbot also confirmed this today.

Call me crazy if you want....I'd be willing to part with a 1st + 2024 4th + Moss to outbid other interested teams.

No one will care in April that we don't have a 1st if it's pick # 32......

so he can pull a hammy after 2 carries? NFW 

6 minutes ago, SWATeam said:

One thing we all know, when this regime makes a deal it comes out of nowhere.

All of these "rumored" deals never happen.

We saw similar rumors for Von Miller last year and those rumors were confirmed by Beane after they signed him this year. Same with Diggs the year before we traded for him. 

Beane just hasn’t pulled the trigger yet.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

2 minutes ago, Buffalo_Stampede said:

We saw similar rumors for Von Miller last year and those rumors were confirmed by Beane after they signed him this year. Same with Diggs the year before we traded for him. 

Beane just hasn’t pulled the trigger yet.

The Bills are linked to all the big names… plenty of them go elsewhere 

22 minutes ago, Aussie Joe said:

So no one else will better our bottom 4th round? 

If they are fine paying out the rest of that contract, sure, they probably will.

But if everyone is seeing him as a possible 1 year rental who would have to sign a new deal, then we're probably all in the same ballpark.

23 minutes ago, Beck Water said:

Teams that are tanking and looking to completely rebuild would be happy to eat the entire contract now and get it off the books for the next regime. Beane did it with a couple of our super star players I believe.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.