Christian McCaffrey rumors

Steel City Mafia

Just now, H2o said:

Honestly, I think CMC would benefit from the rotation style we have here. Less wear and tear on the body and keep him ready for January, when the games truly matter. It would be the same type of effect as having a healthy OBJ. The question would be who is the defense going to focus on? Diggs, Davis, CMC, Knox, Shakir, McKenzie? It really would be pick your poison and there would be no way to shut it down completely. 

sure thats fine, but his price tag of 12 million suggests he needs to be on the field as much as possible. 

17 minutes ago, wjag said:

Do people really think solving the "Bills can't run" begins with the RB or the fact that the OLINE has no push?  Would taking on an injury prone RB solve anything with how this OLINE blocks?

Lots of both. And there isnt a guy who plays RB and OL, so we'll go with what we can get.

The OL could be improved, sure. But Moss has 40 yards of open green in front of him at one point yesterday, he took forever to get his feet moving (almost like a cartoon where they are running in place trying to get going), and then when he finally did start running he tripped over his own feet for a gain of 6 instead of 60.

We could improve at RB and see an improvement in our run game.

Edited by DrDawkinstein
  • Like (+1) 3

Suddenly some of these players that we thought we would have to extend aren’t looking like as much of a requirement with all these guys filling in and playing pretty well.  

I’d go cmc over Odell…in a weird hypothetical scenario where I was forced to choose one of course lol if we traded for von midseason we would’ve given up some resources but we probably would’ve won the Super Bowl last season so it’s worth considering 

9 minutes ago, Greg S said:

You are assuming he can stay healthy and that is a big IF. I don't know what Beane can do before the deadline if anything but I would rather he improve the OL.

This the OL they signed and went into the season with. They aren’t going to make major changes. If there’s an injury I could see it but these are the guys they wanted.

I’m not going to really worry about the injuries. Very unpredictable. He went his college career and 1st 3 years in the NFL without missing much time if any.

• Like (+1) 1

CMC would be a one year rental, with the option to re-structure.  I'm not giving up much at all to acquire him.  I also don't see how his addition does much to move the needle in either direction.  

You make the move if you think that he is the piece you need to get over the hump in the 2022 playoffs - no other reason to do it.  He will not produce that much more in the season than the combination of our running backs.  

Just now, Jerboski said:

Still not worth a first… I would offer a third and Singletary/moss 

Absolutely agree.  He made it through 5 weeks so I'm just supposed to forget the massive injury red flag?  

42 minutes ago, Bills!Win! said:

Can we do a deal where Carolina agrees to take on cap space? That kind of thing? He is always injured so he fits right in on this team 

Yes . We can…

They will give him to us for nothing and pay his contract ..

Im sure this is gunna happen 

Edited by Aussie Joe

2 minutes ago, Bleeding Bills Blue said:

CMC would be a one year rental, with the option to re-structure.  I'm not giving up much at all to acquire him.  I also don't see how his addition does much to move the needle in either direction.  

You make the move if you think that he is the piece you need to get over the hump in the 2022 playoffs - no other reason to do it.  He will not produce that much more in the season than the combination of our running backs.  

Absolutely agree.  He made it through 5 weeks so I'm just supposed to forget the massive injury red flag?  

For starters, Defenses have to plan for another weapon on our offense who is currently averaging over 100 scrimmage yards per game with garbage around him. He's basically another receiving option with YAC and can also be your RB 

Edited by Warriorspikes51
  • Agree 1

53 minutes ago, TBBills said:

ok... but what did they say?

The Bills asked if they were interested in trading him. They said yes for a Ist round and more  considering your first round is so low..

The Bills then said that was too rich  for them so they hung up 

Edited by Aussie Joe

10 minutes ago, DrDawkinstein said:

Lots of both. And there isnt a guy who plays RB and OL, so we'll go with what we can get.

The OL could be improved, sure. But Moss has 40 yards of open green in front of him at one point yesterday, he took forever to get his feet moving (almost like a cartoon where they are running in place trying to get going), and then when he finally did start running he tripped over his own feet for a gain of 6 instead of 60.

We could improve at RB and see an improvement in our run game.

Don’t forget vision.

CM has elite vision when it comes to setting up blocks and anticipation of where the holes will be much less are.

Moss is beyond worthless at it and Motor makes some infuriating decision s in this regard also.

Great backs can make something out of nothing and amazing stuff out of decent blocking.

Dudes an elite back with little wear and tear the last couple years.

Then there’s a question of over use vs proper use and a better strength and conditioning program here.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1

2 minutes ago, Beck Water said:

Yeah, but then $11.8-$12M next 3 seasons.

Imo, it would be contingent on an extension/restructure or we cut him.  No way we’d pay that.   If we cut him after this season, what will he fetch?  Injury riddled rb don’t make very much regardless of how talented they are.  I don’t think he would fetch more than 8-9M aav.  Going from Carolina to the best team in the league and allowing them to give you more guaranteed money….it’s a no brainer for cmac too. 

i don’t know if paying any rb 8-9M would be worth it for this team.  I think Giving up a 3rd rd pick for a one year rental may not be the smartest idea….but if we win the SB and he helps, it was worth it.  I don’t think the rams regret paying 2nd and 3rd for Von.  Losing him sucks, but winning a super bowl is all that matters.

• Like (+1) 1

57 minutes ago, Warriorspikes51 said:

Adam Caplan stated we had strong interest in him in the offseason but he "wasn't available"

Ryan Talbot also confirmed this today.

Call me crazy if you want....I'd be willing to part with a 1st + 2024 4th + Moss to outbid other interested teams.

No one will care in April that we don't have a 1st if it's pick # 32......

Cap room will restrict us and honestly I think this report is just a recap of this offseason and nothing new. 

1 minute ago, Warriorspikes51 said:

Imagine that! GM's of top tier teams want to acquire more elite talent.....while posters here wring their hands in fear over giving up draft picks and the Salary Cap! 

Some other posters here would trade away all the picks every year a couple of times over…

I assume you see the results they are getting actually using their picks to draft players? 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.