Matt Araiza accused of rape, served with a lawsuit.

bill8164

6 minutes ago, Cruiserplayer said:

Hold the pitchforks. No lynching yet. If anyone here had sex with a women you didn’t know that looked under 25 and asked her for her ID ahead of time you may throw the first stone.

yeah the girl was covered in blood according to the complaint. So I can throw stones no problem actually. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 2

5 minutes ago, Rampage said:

Funny how Beane the other day in the Cody Ford press conference was saying they need to go back to the drawing board when evaluating prospects and seeing what went wrong with him. This might be another one.

If Beane didn't know what was there to evaluate? I'm sure Araiza didn't come to pre-draft visits trying to hump women at the facility.

16 minutes ago, appoo said:

I mean there’s enough detail/circumstantial evidence here - especially with Araiza admitting to a sexual encounter with here - that you need to suspend him until the criminal portion of this plays out. 

The accusations are heinous 

So wait, if Matt Araiza admitted to a sexual encounter - not described as rape - with a girl at a party - you feel he should be suspended?

Yes, some of the accusations are heinous, but the NFL has not suspended other players who were actually arrested and face criminal charges until AFTER the investigation plays out.

Can we just wait a minute to see 1) if criminal charges are filed, against whom they are filed, and what the charges are?

2) what the civil lawsuit actually states as Araiza's role in this?

If this happened as alleged, it's a horrible thing that young woman went through.

On the other hand, the cynical part of my brain notes that the lawsuit was filed very shortly after Araiza is pretty much locked in to have made an NFL roster with his rival already signed by another team and says "hmmmmm"

And doesn't everyone deserve some sort of due process?

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 minute ago, appoo said:

so basically what Matt’s angle here is that he had sex with her consensually but had nothing to do with what happened in the bed room.  

Bit presumptuous to call him a "member" 

3 minutes ago, Cruiserplayer said:

Hold the pitchforks. No lynching yet. If anyone here had sex with a women you didn’t know that looked under 25 and asked her for her ID ahead of time you may throw the first stone.

How about if you've ever had sex w an intoxicated underage woman then taken her into the bedroom for three of your friends to also rape you can throw the first stone

• Like (+1) 2

7 minutes ago, Scott7975 said:

California doesnt have one.  If he was 18 and she was 17 its a misdemeanor.  Up to 1 year in jail or probation and a fine.  Older that 3 years older and it changes to a felony with tougher penalties.  Thats what their law is. 

*OUT OF THE CONTEXT OF THIS STORY* what a stupid freaking law. So 2 HS Srs could date and have sex for 4 years, but on a magic bday it's suddenly illegal?

All the other zaney crap going on in that state, and this is where they draw a hard line? Strange, and before I get blasted there's not a parent to a son in existence that would think this should be illegal.

Clearly Araiza is older, and if true hes g2 go, but no rush to judgement till we can hear both sides. If he is guilty nfg, cut dude, g2 jail do not pass go

• Disagree 1

3 minutes ago, Cruiserplayer said:

I'll throw the first stone then. 

And, not to mention, not knowing a persons age is not a defense in criminal court. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

1 minute ago, GoBills808 said:

How about if you've ever had sex w an intoxicated underage woman then taken her into the bedroom for three of your friends to also rape you can throw the first stone

So we're judge jury and executioner now based on an article everyone was just privy to two hours ago?

He's done, finished, caput. Nice knowing you. Bills can't afford to let this disrupt this critical season for a stinking punter. Anyone see McDermott letting this fester for a nano-second? NO-WAY!! The media will go crazy. All future questions will be about the PUNTER!! Cut their loses ASAP. Bring back Haack. He was good enough. The debate is over now. Let's get the Super Bowl.  

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, Ross Murdock said:

He's done, finished, caput. Nice knowing you. Bills can't afford to let this disrupt this critical season for a stinking punter. Anyone see McDermott letting this fester for a nano-second? NO-WAY!! The media will go crazy. All future questions will be about the PUNTER!! Cut their loses ASAP. Bring back Haack. He was good enough. The debate is over now. Let's get the Super Bowl.  

Haack signed with the Colts yesterday

22 minutes ago, Buffalo_Stampede said:

This is really bad. It was out a month ago but didn’t get talked about.

I hope the Bills are looking for a new punter.  If he is part of this crap he should be in prison.  If the story is true of course. To me, it sounds like it is.

• Like (+1) 1

Haack plays for the Indianapolis Colts. 

If the Bills want to keep preaching about culture, they need to move on from Araiza. At the very minimum he has admitted to having sex with her and he took advantage of someone under the influence. That sure as hell doesn't seem like someone who fits their culture.

• Like (+1) 3

Haack is with Indy.

1 minute ago, pigpen65 said:

Story is really ***** up. They have for sure Araiza admitting to statutory rape. My prediction is that he will be released within a couple of hours

I dont think so for 3 reasons.

1. This has been investigated for a year and no criminal charges have been handed out yet.

2. Araizas Lawyer is denying that he was even in the Bedroom

3. Sounds like Bills looked into the situation  previously 

• Like (+1) 1

The more I read about this story the crazier it is. Unbelievable. 5 SDSU players rape an unconscious 17 year old? Unbelievable and disgusting! Throw the book at them…. It’s everywhere in the sports news and news in general. I suspect the Bills suspend him by tomorrow. Shocked they didn’t know anything about this before drafting him. Beane and Pegulas need to answer some questions. 

• Like (+1) 1

55 minutes ago, Rc2catch said:

I’ll hold off on judging any of this but it’s definitely not a good look. Hope it’s not true, not cause of football but it’s just a disgusting thing to happen to anyone. 

It’s innocent til proven guilty, but god I hope there is nothing to this one.  If so, it would be disgusting and no apologies for him.

Im praying this is a shakedown, not real as it’s impossible to forgive what’s being claimed.

I’ll wait and see.

• Like (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, djp14150 said:

big question I have….if they have DNA,they should have tested people accused by now. And they should have been charges by now.

it’s always innocent until proven guilty.

she mentioned his name because she probably already knew him at the party.  That does not mean he is the one who did it.

by the way, he’s now in the NFL so lawyer is willing to sue because he does have money. See if they can settle for a payday.

There are some shady parts to the investigation. The school seems to have postponed the investigation and kept it quiet. Evidence was given to the DA very recently. A decision on charges is coming.

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Beck Water said:

So wait, if Matt Araiza admitted to a sexual encounter - not described as rape - with a girl at a party - you feel he should be suspended?

Yes, some of the accusations are heinous, but the NFL has not suspended other players who were actually arrested and face criminal charges until AFTER the investigation plays out.

Can we just wait a minute to see 1) if criminal charges are filed, against whom they are filed, and what the charges are?

2) what the civil lawsuit actually states as Araiza's role in this?

If this happened as alleged, it's a horrible thing that young woman went through.

On the other hand, the cynical part of my brain notes that the lawsuit was filed very shortly after Araiza is pretty much locked in to have made an NFL roster with his rival already signed by another team and says "hmmmmm"

And doesn't everyone deserve some sort of due process?

You realize he admitted to statutory rape right?

https://www.cwsdefense.com/blog/2020/june/exceptions-to-californias-statutory-rape-laws/#:~:text=In California%2C it is illegal,informed consent to sexual activities.

Matt was 22 when this incident happened. At BEST - a drunk girl started talking to him, and he didn’t bother to get her age, and decided the best course of action was to have sex with her, and that drink girl was 17. Someone who was over 20% younger than him - senior in college. 

He shouldn’t be on this team

Just now, Scott7975 said:

I hope the Bills are looking for a new punter.  If he is part of this crap he should be in prison.  If the story is true of course. To me, it sounds like it is.

To be fair it sounds true to all of us. 
But that’s the problem with only one side of the story out there currently and possibly some details missing. 

• Like (+1) 3

31 minutes ago, Beck Water said:

So the accusations are horrid, but it's not clear that Araiza is being accused of rape?

Note that while described as "a minor", the alleged victim was then 17 years old, which is above the age of consent anywhere, and what Araiza did is not being described as "rape", but as "having sex with".

I'm going to let this one play out.

Edit:

I opened my yap too soon.

Apparently, in California, the age of consent is actually 18

https://www.newmanallen.com/blog/2021/august/what-is-the-age-of-consent-in-california-/

And there is no "Romeo and Juliet" exemption

So in Cali, apparently if two high school students under 18 have sex after the prom, that's rape?

We cut Haack a couple of days ago. The story was doing the rounds in late July and the original charges brought to the police last October. What the heck are we doing as an organisation? Are the management team confident he won’t have any criminal charges bought against him and will accept any outcome in civil court and, if so, how does that make us any better than the Browns with Watson? Or did they somehow miss this when doing due diligence? Either way, it’s an awful look.

Innocent until proven guilty but no victim shaming either.

• Agree 4
  • Thank you (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Kmart128 said:

I dont think so for 3 reasons.

1. This has been investigated for a year and no criminal charges have been handed out yet.

2. Araizas Lawyer is denying that he was even in the Bedroom

3. Sounds like Bills looked into the situation  previously 

C'mon man, what's this other side of the story nonsense?  Where's your pitchfork?

• Haha (+1) 1