Matt Araiza accused of rape, served with a lawsuit.

bill8164

3 minutes ago, aristocrat said:

Jesus Christ this is bad. Cops have him on tape admitting to having sex with her. Consent in California is 18 and she was 17. Yikes 

That's where the whole thing gets confusing for me because the whole incident happened apparently a year ago, but that's as far as things went before the present lawsuit. Need to see what else shakes loose I guess.

3 minutes ago, JohnNord said:

Sounds like the Bills knew about this already…possibly before they cut Haack.  So there’s a possibility they investigated it already and still kept Araizia on the team.  Beane and McDermott aren’t the type that will takes these kind of chances so maybe there’s more to the story.  We don’t know yet 

I was just thinking this would be a hell of a thing to miss in the predraft process.

2 minutes ago, HappyDays said:

If he knew she was 17, even in a best case scenario he is guilty of statutory rape. I don't think he'll be a Bill much longer, and more importantly I hope the claim is investigated fully and the wrongdoers are punished to the fullest extent of the law.

This ^^^^^

1 minute ago, JakeFrommStateFarm said:

Bills to Haack

Ooc GIF

Already signed by the Colts

5 minutes ago, JohnNord said:

Sounds like the Bills knew about this already…possibly before they cut Haack.  So there’s a possibility they investigated it already and still kept Araizia on the team.  Beane and McDermott aren’t the type that will takes these kind of chances so maybe there’s more to the story.  We don’t know yet 

🤞

7 minutes ago, Buffalo_Stampede said:

There’s so many crimes. Only thing that saves him is if he wasn’t there.

He already admitted to having sex with her. 

Unless the physical injury details reported are just wrong, then there’s some minimal predatory stuff going on here.

The details of the mere medical exam are horrific

• Like (+1) 1
  • Eyeroll 1

2 minutes ago, JohnNord said:

I doubt they knew about it before cutting Haack.

4 minutes ago, Buffalo03 said:

Did the girl opt not to file charges? She skips right to a civil suit?

No the story details her going the cops the next day. They stalled the case and I think there’s still a criminal investigation going on / but my guess if they got frustrated and went to civil courts as they dawdled 

• Like (+1) 2