Matt Araiza accused of rape, served with a lawsuit.

bill8164

23 minutes ago, aristocrat said:

Jesus Christ this is bad. Cops have him on tape admitting to having sex with her. Consent in California is 18 and she was 17. Yikes 

Possible there's a sweetheart law applicable here. They exist, no clue what California s law is, but doesn't seem like a state trying to stick anyone with a SO status for some kids close in age

Yeah, this sounds absolutely horrible. In this day and age I would also hope that nothing like this could or would be swept under the rug for any reason. Hoping it's not true, that Araiza was not involved. If he was? He's got to go. 

26 minutes ago, D. L. Hot-Flamethrower said:

Do not rush to judgement.

I don’t know how this will turn out, but that is ALWAYS the case.

We know next to nothing right now. Wait for the facts and pray for all concerned. 

• Agree 5

5 minutes ago, ColoradoBills said:

I don't understand why people can't just read the article.

Don't care that much, not that interested, don't have time, etc. and opt to partake in the ole newsgroup based on headlines and others' comments.

Just now, Augie said:

I don’t know how this will turn out, but that is ALWAYS the case.

We know next to nothing right now. Wait for the facts and pray for all concerned. 

We can wait for the facts while he’s on the unemployment line.  

• Like (+1) 1
  • Vomit 2
  • Disagree 1

1 minute ago, Airseven said:

Don't care that much, not that interested, don't have time, etc. and opt to partake in the ole newsgroup based on headlines and others' comments.

I guess some people are getting a paywall to the article.  I already apologized to any commenting for that reason.

24 minutes ago, HappyDays said:

If he knew she was 17, even in a best case scenario he is guilty of statutory rape. I don't think he'll be a Bill much longer, and more importantly I hope the claim is investigated fully and the wrongdoers are punished to the fullest extent of the law.

Gotta cut him…have to

• Agree 3
  • Thank you (+1) 1

12 minutes ago, Stokes84 said:

We can wait for the facts while he’s on the unemployment line.  

I hope you are never on the wrong end of that. I’ll wait for the facts, and while I wait for the facts…….I’ll make contingency plans. 

Edited by Augie
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1