Matt Araiza accused of rape, served with a lawsuit.

bill8164

Just now, Buffalo03 said:

Just saying, whenever one of these cases pops up, you have to think both ways. Did something happen? Very well could have but if a woman goes right for civil suits instead of criminal charges. You have to think. And the timing when he is guaranteed to be on the team and making enough money? 

Folks please read the details.

They went to the cops the day after the alleged rape, and the police have being investigating since, and have recently submitted evidence to the DA on whether or not to file charges 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

29 minutes ago, zow2 said:

He might be the punter-in-prison god soon.

Maybe a new Longest Yard movie?

Maybe since we'll have a little lull soon, we can come up with an all star cast?

Edited by nosejob
  • Haha (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, appoo said:

Not a medical exam, but what she claimed was her injuries:

From the LA Times article

The teen “stumbled out of the room bloody and crying. Her nose, bellybutton, and ear piercings had been pulled out, and she was also bleeding from her *****.”

——

Also believe there’s a statute of limitations for tort cases in Cali of a year, which makes sense why they filed civil suit now, as the incident allegedly happened in October 

I saw that, just didn’t see where she went in for a medial exam. Like had swabs taken, etc., for rape.  Horrible account there!

Edited by Maynard

1 minute ago, appoo said:

Folks please read the details.

They went to the cops the day after the alleged rape, and the police have being investigating since, and have recently submitted evidence to the DA on whether or not to file charges 

Ok. Let's see what happens

Just now, boater said:

Curious. A civil case but not a criminal case...

What did the rape test reveal for the criminal case to not come forward yet.

I mean, what use is a rape kit in these circumstances?  It will potentially show that the woman had intercourse, and through DNA testing potentially with whom.

The question is always "was it consensual"? meaning 1) was the woman mentally competent to give consent 2) did she

12 hours ago, Buffalo03 said:

Just saying, whenever one of these cases pops up, you have to think both ways. Did something happen? Very well could have but if a woman goes right for civil suits instead of criminal charges. You have to think. And the timing when he is guaranteed to be on the team and making enough money? 

I just read the article. She did file a pllice report before this.

I can tell you this, with the alleged audio call (recorded) to Araiza, and his remarks from that call, this does not look good at all. Mark my word, the boy is going to get arrested.

He is at the very least going to be had for a statutory rape charge and maybe a lot worse.

(Now knowing California's law on statutory rape he may have a defense)

Edited by Beast
  • Agree 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, appoo said:

Not a medical exam, but what she claimed was her injuries:

From the LA Times article

The teen “stumbled out of the room bloody and crying. Her nose, bellybutton, and ear piercings had been pulled out, and she was also bleeding from her *****.”

——

Also believe there’s a statute of limitations for tort cases in Cali of a year, which makes sense why they filed civil suit now, as the incident allegedly happened in October 

Terrible. Looks like ariza got really rough with her if he's tearing out her piercings

• Eyeroll 1

4 minutes ago, Beck Water said:

Any chance of some representative quotes?  I don't subscribe to the LA Times.

4 minutes ago, Canadian Bills Fan said:

Source??

At the request of police, she made pretext calls — recorded by detectives — with the men named in the lawsuit whom police “had determined were present in the room when the rape occurred.” Araiza, the complaint alleged, confirmed on a call in late October that they had sex and recommended she get tested for a sexually transmitted disease. Later in the conversation, she asked him, “And did we have actual sex?” Araiza allegedly changed his tone and replied, “This is Matt Araiza. I don’t remember anything that happened that night.”

San Diego police detectives guided the young woman during her pretext calls, a Times review of text messages shows. The woman’s attorney, Daniel Gilleon, said police have not provided recordings of those calls or his client’s police report. The results of the rape exam have also not been disclosed, he said.

Just now, Beck Water said:

Paywall

That's weird.  I don't have a paywall and my brothers back in Buffalo already read the article.

I apologize to anyone who can't get to it.

My first reaction is:  If this is true, I feel for the girl and her family.  It looks to be a real mess up by the cops and university.

We will have to wait for more details.

• Like (+1) 1

Considering the rumors the bills had to know about this for a while probably before the draft. I am curious to know what information they have, cause if it just what we have drafting a punter with this baggage was insane.

• Agree 1

Just now, Beast said:

I just read the article. She did file a pllice report before this.

I can tell you this, with the alleged audio call to Araiza, this does not look good at all. Mark my word, the boy is going to get arrested.

I hope it isn't true. Let's see what happens 

• Like (+1) 1