McKissinc changes mind, returning to Washington

Logic

On 3/19/2022 at 10:27 AM, Georgie said:

No great loss as far as I am concerned.  Not that RBs are actually " a dime a dozen " but I'm fine with drafting a couple. Why bring in a 28/29 year-old,on a 2 year contract, when your current backs are close to the end of their deals? Running backs have short careers and rookie backs can usually contribute immediately.

I'd rather have McKissic signed and be drafting OL instead.

The fewer needs on draft day, the better.  

On 3/19/2022 at 6:52 PM, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Did you actually listen to Beane's presser? And did you read the excerpt you quoted?  Beane said "his agent did a great job, Doug Hendrickson and CJ Laboy did a great job"   Right after the part you bolded, Beane said "And this agent did that.  And this agent told the other club it's over."

He's not mad at the agents at all and they won't have any problems in future deals.

The WFT on the other hand.....

From text and press conference I did not get that impression think agent could have told more firmly we already have a deal and you said you had no interest but Brandon Beane made that very clear in Pat McAfee show.  I guess the difference is formal vs informal. 

10 hours ago, Limeaid said:

From text and press conference I did not get that impression think agent could have told more firmly we already have a deal and you said you had no interest but Brandon Beane made that very clear in Pat McAfee show.  I guess the difference is formal vs informal. 

Yea he basically said it was an unwritten rule to back off when a deal was in place but WFT didn't. 

1 hour ago, The Wiz said:

Yea he basically said it was an unwritten rule to back off when a deal was in place but WFT didn't. 

Yep, and what bothers Beane is the personal relationships he has with the people at Washington. I am getting the picture that Beane is a very genuine person. I don’t think you can ever grow past feeling hurt when someone you like and trust does something unethical.  

1 hour ago, atlbillsfan1975 said:

Yep, and what bothers Beane is the personal relationships he has with the people at Washington. I am getting the picture that Beane is a very genuine person. I don’t think you can ever grow past feeling hurt when someone you like and trust does something unethical.  

Likely the people who he had relationship were given orders from someone higher.

The whole thing seems odd and appears to be retaliation for signing their backup DT if everyone is telling truth (i.e. being told that WTF had no interest in re-signing Tim Settle).

1 hour ago, Limeaid said:

Likely the people who he had relationship were given orders from someone higher.

The whole thing seems odd and appears to be retaliation for signing their backup DT if everyone is telling truth (i.e. being told that WTF had no interest in re-signing Tim Settle).

It will be interesting to see what happens with McKissic going forward for sure with WFT.  If he's cut or release at some point then it's pretty much obvious that WFT did this as an FU to the Bills.

3 hours ago, atlbillsfan1975 said:

When you look at some of the trades, and deals Beane has made in the past-- the things that have given him the moniker of "Wizard"-- it's clear that he has a reputation for being a man of his word, with high integrity. I imagine reputation goes a long way in Beane's field, and must apply to Martin Mayhew, as well. The Commanders lost a lot of their FAs last week, and I wonder what effect their free agency had on Mayhew's reputation around the league? 

• Like (+1) 2

On 3/19/2022 at 10:41 PM, gobills1212 said:

Beane compliments the agent 2x and makes it a point to say that wasnt where the fault lied. He did however, make it clear he wasnt happy w the way Washington conducted themselves 

Sorry. I didnt scroll that far before my reply. I just read what he wrote and immediately thgt 'uhhh... thats not that i heard' and then upon reading the article read the same thing i heard. Glad to see you pointed it out too in that im not crazy lol

he has to work with the agent again. 

On 3/19/2022 at 11:41 PM, gobills1212 said:

Beane compliments the agent 2x and makes it a point to say that wasnt where the fault lied. He did however, make it clear he wasnt happy w the way Washington conducted themselves 

Did they make him appear in a calendar without compensation?

1 hour ago, klos63 said:

if a player chose Buffalo because of 'unfinished business' and he always wanted to stay in Buffalo, most people here would build a statue in his honor, sounds like McKissic had similar feelings about Washington.

We wouldn't be building statues for a back up running back saying that, especially when there's no business to finish. 

6 minutes ago, eball said:

Oh my god this dude is a mental midget.  “I was a Buffalo” and “we were inclining”…smh.  Probably a good thing he flipped.  He can go back to “being a Washington” in peace.

Maybe all the name gyrations of the team in D.C. has him flummoxed.

9 hours ago, eball said:

Oh my god this dude is a mental midget.  “I was a Buffalo” and “we were inclining”…smh.  Probably a good thing he flipped.  He can go back to “being a Washington” in peace.

He can go back to being a commodore.  I think this guy's head is a brick house.

12 minutes ago, TheBrownBear said:

I will never begrudge another human being for following their heart and doing what they believe is best for them.  Let's move on and stop embarrassing ourselves 

The thread was dead for 10 hours before you brought it up again.  A tad bit of virtue signaling maybe?

6 hours ago, TheBrownBear said:

I will never begrudge another human being for following their heart and doing what they believe is best for them.  Let's move on and stop embarrassing ourselves 

The only embarrassment that is going on is you posting this trying to chide us, because the comments that McKissic made were worthy of a response.

• Agree 2

4 minutes ago, EasternOHBillsFan said:

The only embarrassment that is going on is you posting this trying to chide us, because the comments that McKissic made were worthy of a response.

Yeah, can't let stupidity like that go unpunished.  And be glad the Bills dodged a bullet there.

• Awesome! (+1) 1

16 hours ago, daz28 said:

He can go back to being a commodore.  I think this guy's head is a brick house.

Brick house was sung by the Commodores in the 1970's. Lionel Ritchie left around 1980. So hopefully, Mckissic has some signing chops.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.