Divisional Round: Buffalo at KC Sunday at 6:30

Process

31 minutes ago, Buffalo Barbarian said:

Some might pick Mahomes but they would be wrong and anyone who picks Herbert and Burrow over Josh is an idiot.

Yep. All of these guys throw some bad passes. Because they throw the ball a lot and they are highly confident in their abilities, the odds are they won’t all be the right decision or perfectly executed. That’s why they aren’t “game managers”… they are going to take risks and that’s ok because when it will work more often than not.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

Yep. All of these guys throw some bad passes. Because they throw the ball a lot and they are highly confident in their abilities, the odds are they won’t all be the right decision or perfectly executed. That’s why they aren’t “game managers”… they are going to take risks and that’s ok because when it will work more often than not.

To me Josh makes better decisions, is bigger, stronger and runs harder, cant beat that.

I feel like the Chiefs defense had the same metamorphosis as our O-line and run game.  Perceived as one of the worst for the 1st half of the season, but coming on very strong over the past month.

Any explanation for that? I don't follow them that closely...did they get some players back?

• Like (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, Success said:

I feel like the Chiefs defense had the same metamorphosis as our O-line and run game.  Perceived as one of the worst for the 1st half of the season, but coming on very strong over the past month.

Any explanation for that? I don't follow them that closely...did they get some players back?

They have been up and down 

• Thank you (+1) 1

20 minutes ago, Success said:

They finished the season giving up 34 points and 450 passing yards to the Bengals, and 24 points to Drew Lock (which is the equivalent of 80 points to an average NFL offense). 

They played the Steelers before and after those two games.

Edited by Process
  • Haha (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Both of these teams are loaded and it’s most likely gonna come down to who executes the best. Bills have to account for the crowd noise as well. The front four has to create disruption. Not sure how anyone can confidently pick the winner of this game. KC vs Buff in the playoffs could be a yearly thing for the foreseeable future.

With that said LETS GO BUFFALO!

Just win baby!

• Like (+1) 1

After sat night I couldn't imagine anyone beating us. Then Sunday happeneded and I realize there was just some bad teams in the playoffs this year. This is going to be probley best game of the year! Both teams really turning it on lately. Round 2 in the playoffs. Let's go Bills. This is were legacys are made! So pumped!

Let's just remember,  Buffalo had an excellent team last season and KC beat us twice.  We CAN beat them twice as well in the same season..  Return the favor.  I think both offenses will show up and offset each other.  It remains to be seen if Buffalo can turn the tide with the better defense this Sunday night. They have to. There's no other option.

That might result in one takeaway... and Allen getting one extra possession.  That could be the difference.

Edited by zow2
  • Like (+1) 1

24 minutes ago, eball said:

If you have an Athletic subscription it's easy to find under the Bills heading.  A link won't do you any good if you don't have a subscription.

I read it, thank you. 

Absolutely insane all the WR combos and the fact that Diggs was only out there for 60% of the snaps.   So many different looks to game plan for.

• Like (+1) 2

1 minute ago, Magox said:

I read it, thank you. 

Absolutely insane all the WR combos and the fact that Diggs was only out there for 60% of the snaps.   So many different looks to game plan for.

They were saving Diggs. Love that our WRs will actually be healthy in playoffs this year. Last year vs chiefs Diggs was playing with torn oblique, brown with an injured foot/knee, Beasley with a broken leg, and Davis with a sprained ankle 

• Like (+1) 9

Just now, YoloinOhio said:

They were saving Diggs. Love that our WRs will actually be healthy in playoffs this year. Last year vs chiefs Diggs was playing with torn oblique, brown with an injured foot/knee, Beasley with a broken leg, and Davis with a sprained ankle 

The team's success at keeping guys fresh this year is a huge thing.

Add the power running game we threw in this month and It's starting to feel like the Bills play chess, not checkers.  

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1

1 minute ago, Ray Stonada said:

The team's success at keeping guys fresh this year is a huge thing.

Add the power running game we threw in this month and It's starting to feel like the Bills play chess, not checkers.  

To the coaching staff's credit they took a 3rd round rookie and have made him a fixture at RT.  That helped a lot but starting Bates seems to be the key. Or maybe sticking with Singletary as the feature back.

• Like (+1) 2

57 minutes ago, Warcodered said:

🤔

Well, Filthy is wrong again with more troll like pessimism’s. Actually he IS right about one thing. The October game means zero when it comes to this game. Not because of Jones being out or any of the Bills who missed that contest. It’s just a new game and all that goes out the window. What he doesn’t get is that it always the case. The previous game never matters , but he kept referencing the Monday night Pats game as if it was relevant to week 16 or Saturday nights beat down. 

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Ethan in Portland said:

To the coaching staff's credit they took a 3rd round rookie and have made him a fixture at RT.  That helped a lot but starting Bates seems to be the key. Or maybe sticking with Singletary as the feature back.

I think Singletary brings a contagious energy to the run game.  He has been imo the best back since he was drafted.  He gets whats there to be had and little more.  Those neg runs he squeezes out a yard or 2 have been big at keeping momentum.  The 3 to 6 yards on first or second down makes the offense darn near unstoppable.  Those Tds vs NE were kidney punches.  We do not need a 30 carry back for 150 plus yards.  His usage down the stretch has been the right balanced.  Still a pass first team but a nastiness with the run game that stresses a defense.  

• Like (+1) 3
  • Agree 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

8 hours ago, Giuseppe Tognarelli said:

The Chiefs have led the league in points allowed defensively over the last half of the season. Overall rankings mean squat. Their defense is good right now.

They played the Broncos twice, the Raiders, the Steelers, Giants, and Green Bay without Rodgers over that time period.  Not saying their defense has been bad but just like you want to point to overall rankings meaning squat... I would say they mean more than a cherry picked half of football.  I left out the good teams they played because well... two of those three teams put up points.

Edited by Scott7975
  • Like (+1) 1

I have no doubt we'll score 28-30 just showing up. The key will rest on our defense chucking Kelcie at the LOS. Having a game plan for McKinnon and keeping State Farm in the pocket. Hopefully Levi gets a little safety help with Hill.  The game will have good weather. Probably 9mph wind and temps 35-40. No excuses,  play like your family's lives depend on it.

We all knew it would come down to the Chiefs in the end. I really hate that team because of Mahomes and Kelce. It's going to come down to the wire and will be agonizing to watch. IF they do end up losing, I think I will be glad that it happened in the 2nd round instead of AFC Championship. This game is to go to the SUper Bowl because there is no way in hell Buffalo will lose to either Cinci or Titans if they pull this one off.

• Like (+1) 1

10 hours ago, Billsfansinceday1 said:

Good analogy.  We will be storming the beaches of Kansas City on Sunday evening!

X factor: bring in Marv pre-game for some Churchillian D-Day speech that will set the troops afire. Like:

God almighty, in a few short hours we will be in battle with the enemy. We do not join battle afraid. We do not ask favours or indulgence but ask that, if you will, use us as your instrument for the right...

-- Wolverton, CO, 1/506 PIR

• Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Some people on here are moaning about the 6:30pm (ET) kick off time.

Spare a thought for us UK-based Bills fans, that is 11:30pm GMT, which means the game will finish around 2:30am Monday morning - or even later if it goes to OT, which is a definite possibility.

And i have to get up at 6:00am on Monday to catch the train to London for work!

• Agree 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Allen has come such a long way.

When he said "who did they think I was?" after that regular season game, it really caught my attention.  He has THAT level of confidence now - and he has really grown into that over the past few years.

Now, he's the guy who goes into a game knowing 100% that he can lead the team to victory, and he just executes. He wills it.

It's a pretty big psychological edge.  There aren't that many QB's who I would put on that level mentally.

• Like (+1) 2

8 minutes ago, bargepole said:

Spare a thought for us UK-based Bills fans, that is 11:30pm GMT, which means the game will finish around 2:30am Monday morning - or even later if it goes to OT, which is a definite possibility.

A boss that doesn’t appreciate playoff football? The horror!

31 minutes ago, Scott7975 said:

They played the Broncos twice, the Raiders, the Steelers, Giants, and Green Bay without Rodgers over that time period.  Not saying their defense has been bad but just like you want to point to overall rankings meaning squat... I would say they mean more than a cherry picked half of football.  I left out the good teams they played because well... two of those three teams put up points.

Didn't they blow it badly against the Bengals in week 17 also? 

11 minutes ago, bargepole said:

I mean, you get to live in London, so . . .

• Vomit 1

20 minutes ago, LABILLBACKER said:

I have no doubt we'll score 28-30 just showing up. The key will rest on our defense chucking Kelcie at the LOS. Having a game plan for McKinnon and keeping State Farm in the pocket. Hopefully Levi gets a little safety help with Hill.  The game will have good weather. Probably 9mph wind and temps 35-40. No excuses,  play like your family's lives depend on it.

I think Siran Neal makes a big impact.  His size and athletic ability should give Kelce fits.  Like last time.  Do not allow the easy 30 to 40 yard passes.  Make them make the 5 to 8 yard passes.  I think Allen plays the way he did vs NE 3 more times this year and Buffalo gets the Lombardi. Make it no doubt.  Beat NE than Mahomes than imo Burrow and beat Brady or Rodgers for it all.  Allen becomes the face of the league.  

Edited by Mat68
  • Like (+1) 1

Just read that if we tie in KC the Chargers go to the AFC Title Game. This year is nuts with all these scenarios!

Seriously though... We're going in healthy, playing out best ball, and confident. Love that Singletary is rolling right now, and pretty fresh for the stretch run!

Edited by TheFunPolice

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.