Divisional Round: Buffalo at KC Sunday at 6:30

Process

Just now, Buffalo Barbarian said:

Ill take Josh any day over Mahomes or any other QB.

If they go into KC and win again, and more importantly go on to win a SB you probably have a valid argument. But I still think most folks outside of Buffalo wouldn't think choice on that choice and take the guy whose been to 2 SB's and already has a ring. You are going to see it all week with the national media anyway.

I wanted to believe this guy was a fluke and the Chiefs would fade into obscurity but it's not happen anytime soon and to put up 400+ yards after the start the Chiefs had says a lot about how Mahomes is simply playing on another planet compared to the rest of the league.

• Eyeroll 2
  • Sad 1
  • Agree 1
  • Dislike 4

8 minutes ago, FilthyBeast said:

I love what this team showed last night against the Pats and the statement that Allen and McDermott made vanquishing a past demon. They have proven me wrong and I actually am happy about that. BUT....KC is a different animal especially on their home field and this is a team that finished the season winning 10 of 11 including tonight with the only loss coming in the final minutes against another hot team on the road.

I still hate the fact that this team did what they needed to earlier in the season and won in KC when they were in early season figure it out mode which should have secured the home field advantage over them in such a high stakes game next week, but now they have to go do it again in much different circumstances and with Chris Jones back in the lineup and he was the single reason the Bills offense was destroyed last year.

Bottom line is Mahomes is truly showing he very well might be the next transcendent player in this league and I hate the idea of watching the Chiefs be in the SB almost every year like the Brady Pats and feeding the national media hype machine. And speaking of Brady that's the only QB to ever beat Mahomes in the postseason.

It's all there for the Bills next week as they face a true defining moment in their franchise history and if they can't beat the Chiefs when it actually matters in a postseason game (regardless of venue) they likely never will.

Go figure you say something good and then add a "BUT..."

• Agree 2

Just now, Buffalo Barbarian said:

i like Romo just not for Dallas games

Romo is great; one of the best color guys I've heard.

His fresh, natural, funny style immediately made pretty much ALL color commentators seem redundant.

I don't mind the last slot of the weekend for our game; I think it's ideal in fact.

This way I can enjoy ALL the games of the weekend.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Disagree 1
  • Agree 3
  • Thank you (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, FilthyBeast said:

If they go into KC and win again, and more importantly go on to win a SB you probably have a valid argument. But I still think most folks outside of Buffalo wouldn't think choice on that choice and take the guy whose been to 2 SB's and already has a ring. You are going to see it all week with the national media anyway.

I wanted to believe this guy was a fluke and the Chiefs would fade into obscurity but it's not happen anytime soon and to put up 400+ yards after the start the Chiefs had says a lot about how Mahomes is simply playing on another planet compared to the rest of the league.

When Mahomes loses Kelce you'll see his production drop substantially. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Eyeroll 1

2 minutes ago, zow2 said:

I don’t mind getting them in Arrowhead again as this Bills club has proven to be excellent on the road.  For whatever reason they are really dialed in.  KC will be tough to stop though. This is a game the Bills are gonna need to score 35+ and no turnovers.

Pretty much and this is where I still have doubts and wish Allen and the offense would have save some of what they unloaded against the Pats for next week because history has shown Allen rarely puts together back to back elite performances where it's been the norm for Mahomes.

One thing is for sure, if McDermott and Frazier paid attention tonight they better come up with the gameplan of their lives on defense to bring maximum pressure and take chances all night because only a fool would think Wallace and Jackson are going to be up to task and without White there are so many ways the Chiefs can kill you even if you take away one of Kelce/Hill.

• Vomit 2
  • Eyeroll 4
  • Disagree 4
  • Agree 1

2 minutes ago, LABILLBACKER said:

When Mahomes loses Kelce you'll see his production drop substantially. 

This I agree with, Kelce will probably go down as the best TE in NFL history and never has their been a guy like him at the position that can take a 5 yard dump off and turn it into a 40+ yard gain.

Knox is impressing and hopefully can continue to wreak havoc in KC next week.

I don't fear the Chiefs and think they are weaker than last year whilst the Bills will be stronger.

Bills WRs are not as banged up compared to last year, and Dawson Knox and Motor will be much bigger factors the way they are playing compare to last year.

Wish this was the AFC Championship game though because they may have a let down the following week..

• Like (+1) 3
  • Agree 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

31 minutes ago, HappyDays said:

Despite tonight's game this is NOT the KC offense that was scoring at will from 2018 to 2020. But they are better now than they were when we played them earlier this year, and we're now missing our best defensive player. And they'll have their best defensive player (Chris Jones) this time around. I'm still not really worried about their defense though, if our offense plays anywhere close to the level we saw last night we can put up 30+ points on anybody. The worst case scenario is something like our loss against the Titans where we move the ball but fail to convert TDs and KC eventually just outscores us. Mahomes didn't play very well in our first match. I'm not expecting that advantage again.

We are better too, a lot better

8 minutes ago, FilthyBeast said:

It's all there for the Bills next week as they face a true defining moment in their franchise history and if they can't beat the Chiefs when it actually matters in a postseason game (regardless of venue) they likely never will.

The conclusion reached in this last sentence, from an otherwise reasonable post, is completely irrational. And Sean McDermott would be disappointed in your fixed mindset here. 

The Manning Colts finally got past the Brady Patriots, didn't they? The Young 49ers finally got past the Aikman Cowboys, right? The Madden Raiders got past the Knox Steelers. Ideally failure begets growth, which leads to success. (Look into Carol Dweck on youtube.) 

• Like (+1) 3
  • Awesome! (+1) 5
  • Thank you (+1) 11

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.