Divisional Round: Buffalo at KC Sunday at 6:30

Process

6 minutes ago, Turbo44 said:

Isn’t it a bit inequitable to give the bengals/Titans winner 26 hours more rest for the championship game.

especially if it’s the Titans. They’re at home and if they win and Buffalo wins, Buffalo has to fly home from KC and probably get home around 1am Monday and have to fly to Tennessee.

There’s no better way really. Arizona/LA winner must be in one Sunday slot.  

KC shouldn’t really be slotted in 6 days later while Tennessee continues to sit and do nothing, plus Cinci played early Saturday. So it makes sense. if anything SF gets hosed having a short week to head to GB and more flying than anyone else.

IF Buffalo wins i’ll gladly accept the short week, the flight home is immediately after the game and they just chill. 

• Like (+1) 3

21 minutes ago, JohnNord said:

How do you feel about this matchup?  It’s not the same KC team we beat earlier in the season.  But when you go back and watch Week 18 in Denver, they certainly look a lot more beatable than they did tonight 

It will be difficult. Just try find a way to play well ourselves and win

Before the game, I was telling a group of friends that I really wanted Kansas City next week so that the Bills could exorcise  their demons. After the game, I realized those demons are quite sizable. This is going to be a fun matchup next Sunday night. Hopefully the good guys win and Pat Mahomes gets to go and hang out with Jackson and make TikTok videos on a beach.

Edited by MiltonWaddams
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

I love what this team showed last night against the Pats and the statement that Allen and McDermott made vanquishing a past demon. They have proven me wrong and I actually am happy about that. BUT....KC is a different animal especially on their home field and this is a team that finished the season winning 10 of 11 including tonight with the only loss coming in the final minutes against another hot team on the road.

I still hate the fact that this team did what they needed to earlier in the season and won in KC when they were in early season figure it out mode which should have secured the home field advantage over them in such a high stakes game next week, but now they have to go do it again in much different circumstances and with Chris Jones back in the lineup and he was the single reason the Bills offense was destroyed last year.

Bottom line is Mahomes is truly showing he very well might be the next transcendent player in this league and I hate the idea of watching the Chiefs be in the SB almost every year like the Brady Pats and feeding the national media hype machine. And speaking of Brady that's the only QB to ever beat Mahomes in the postseason.

It's all there for the Bills next week as they face a true defining moment in their franchise history and if they can't beat the Chiefs when it actually matters in a postseason game (regardless of venue) they likely never will.

• Vomit 3
  • Eyeroll 1
  • Dislike 4

Put down the Patriots, Chiefs and then Bucs all in one off season. Sign me up for the super bowl champion Bills. 

1 minute ago, FilthyBeast said:

I love what this team showed last night against the Pats and the statement that Allen and McDermott made vanquishing a past demon. They have proven me wrong and I actually am happy about that. BUT....KC is a different animal especially on their home field and this is a team that finished the season winning 10 of 11 including tonight with the only loss coming in the final minutes against another hot team on the road.

I still hate the fact that this team did what they needed to earlier in the season and won in KC when they were in early season figure it out mode which should have secured the home field advantage over them in such a high stakes game next week, but now they have to go do it again in much different circumstances and with Chris Jones back in the lineup and he was the single reason the Bills offense was destroyed last year.

Bottom line is Mahomes is truly showing he very well might be the next transcendent player in this league and I hate the idea of watching the Chiefs be in the SB almost every year like the Brady Pats and feeding the national media hype machine. And speaking of Brady that's the only QB to ever beat Mahomes in the postseason.

It's all there for the Bills next week as they face a true defining moment in their franchise history and if they can't beat the Chiefs when it actually matters in a postseason game (regardless of venue) they likely never will.

I don’t see much this season that shows Mahomes is better than Allen. I don’t think it’s all that close currently. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 3
  • Awesome! (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Ill take Josh any day over Mahomes or any other QB.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Agree 5
  • Thank you (+1) 3

The version of the Bills that showed up last night will show up again next week against the Chiefs.  The Steelers had no business being in tonight's game, and KC's performance has no impact on what I think about them in their matchup next week against the Bills - I think of seeing a soft Chiefs team the last game against Denver.  The Bills will win next week, and they're going to go to the Super Bowl.  

• Like (+1) 3
  • Agree 3

Just now, Buffalo Barbarian said:

Ill take Josh any day over Mahomes or any other QB.

In watching Mahomes, I do agree with those that state he is an excellent player and a top four quarterback right now. But, he executes one of the most inventive offensive schemes to ever be put on an NFL field. There’s a lot of stuff in that offense that other quarterbacks could do, but they don’t have a coach telling them to do it. But, that doesn’t really speak to increasing confidence going into this game. It’s just saying that I think Allen is more of a unicorn than Mahomes.

• Agree 4

I don’t mind getting them in Arrowhead again as this Bills club has proven to be excellent on the road.  For whatever reason they are really dialed in.  KC will be tough to stop though. This is a game the Bills are gonna need to score 35+ and no turnovers.

• Thank you (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.