Divisional Round: Buffalo at KC Sunday at 6:30

Process

8 hours ago, Bimmer323i said:

Just went poking around the Chiefs forums for something to do and man what a bunch of ignorant uninformed *ocks… One idiot says they feel better about beating us than they did the Steelers lol must be there all jacked up and feeling tough cause they just beat a bad bad Pittsburgh team… I’m so fired up for this game and after reading those forums I’m even more fired up…. Go Bills

it is well known from reading 2bd and seeing it myself their KC fan board is an utter disgraceful pit.... Reading that site is good for laughs if you like lowbrow very unintelligent takes written by knuckle draggers just sayin'

7 hours ago, 2020 Our Year For Sure said:

Gotta keep Mahomes from rolling to his right and a lot of that falls on the rookie Rousseau.

will be a huge challenge for the rookie but he's not alone on an island so I guess Bills D will attempt to neutralize him as best they can and force him into making errant throws. He's not perfect. Rattle his cage!!!

Edited by muppy
  • Like (+1) 3

8 minutes ago, BassToMouth said:

Chiefs fans are talking about not having ingram and Jones and now Buffalo not having White, so they’re banking on that. None seem to realize how important Milano is and that he didn’t play that first game. Probably Bc it was only mentioned once and grudgingly confirmed by Collingsworth in between one of the 30 times he said the chiefs didn’t have Chris Jones 

Chris Jones is the biggest difference factor from game 1 to game 2. If the Bills control him I really believe they will advance. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1

May I just say that their weapons do concern me on offense but THEY have #17 #14  and the rest of OUR offense to deal with. I Like our chances. The Bills will need to drop Kelce like a bad habit I cant stand that guy....smug *****

GO BILLS!~!~!!!

Our Defensive Ends are gonna have to step it up if we wanna win this game.  Gotta keep Mahomes in the pocket.  Our Ends gotta stay disciplined and keep contain (that means you Jerry).  Groot’s length should be a factor as Mahomes likes to drop down and throw from weird angles.  

On offense, Josh has to find a way to vary the snap count.  Will be hard to do at Arrowhead but Clark off the edge tries timing the snap the entire game.  

9 hours ago, Buffalo Barbarian said:

Allen is better and more accurate, Mahomes still throws some bad passes, usually in the dirt.

Josh still throws some bad passes as well .. sadly the narrative is different. To the media Mahomes is a wizard and Josh is sugar-high. Even on remarkable similar plays. Mahomes yesterday threw a ball across the field within my opinion too much air under itand the announcer said only 1 QB could make that throw (i.e., Mahomes). @FilthyBeast has a point .. the Bills need to probably get to the Super Bowl to flip the narrative. Having stated that, we have a good chance to win or lose this game. It is a fairly evenly matched game. It will not be the end of this run if they lose, nor will it be the sign of the Chiefs demise if they win. Both teams have at least a few more years of dominance ahead of them barring an injury to two of the best young QBs in the game. I also agree with @FilthyBeast (I am going to go take a shower after finishing typing this) that if you strapped all the GMs up to lie detectors and said pick 1 and only 1 QB for the next 10 years most would pick Mahomes, with some electing for Josh, Burrow, and Herbert. That is likely the end of the list at least at present. Great company to be in.  Unfortunately they all reside in the AFC.

I truly hope the Bills win next Sunday (want that so badly), but if not, it has been a great couple of years and I will look forward to 2022/2023. Keep in mind 6 years ago we would have been thinking about how to once again spend our top 15 pick and debating whether we would ever break the curse.  This is a great time to be a Bills fan no matter what comes.

• Like (+1) 3

16 hours ago, FilthyBeast said:

I love what this team showed last night against the Pats and the statement that Allen and McDermott made vanquishing a past demon. They have proven me wrong and I actually am happy about that. BUT....KC is a different animal especially on their home field and this is a team that finished the season winning 10 of 11 including tonight with the only loss coming in the final minutes against another hot team on the road.

I still hate the fact that this team did what they needed to earlier in the season and won in KC when they were in early season figure it out mode which should have secured the home field advantage over them in such a high stakes game next week, but now they have to go do it again in much different circumstances and with Chris Jones back in the lineup and he was the single reason the Bills offense was destroyed last year.

Bottom line is Mahomes is truly showing he very well might be the next transcendent player in this league and I hate the idea of watching the Chiefs be in the SB almost every year like the Brady Pats and feeding the national media hype machine. And speaking of Brady that's the only QB to ever beat Mahomes in the postseason.

It's all there for the Bills next week as they face a true defining moment in their franchise history and if they can't beat the Chiefs when it actually matters in a postseason game (regardless of venue) they likely never will.

You are the Jackson Mahomes of TBD. Every time I see your screen name I throw up a little in my mouth in anticipation of the garbage that is sure to follow. 

Edited by HereComesTheReignAgain
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 2

6 minutes ago, BuffaloRebound said:

Our Defensive Ends are gonna have to step it up if we wanna win this game.  Gotta keep Mahomes in the pocket.  Our Ends gotta stay disciplined and keep contain (that means you Jerry).  Groot’s length should be a factor as Mahomes likes to drop down and throw from weird angles.  

On offense, Josh has to find a way to vary the snap count.  Will be hard to do at Arrowhead but Clark off the edge tries timing the snap the entire game.  

This was something I noticed with TJ Watt last night. He repeatedly went inside to try and pressure Mahomes, allowing him to easily roll to his right & complete a pass for a big play. Early in the game, Watt was playing contain and the game was even. Then after Watt scored the TD, he started rushing inside the RT sometimes & Mahomes utterly destroyed them every time he did it. I don't know if that was by design, or just Watt trying to add sacks to his resume, but it certainly contributed to the butt-kicking.

• Agree 2

Watching that game, it was pretty clear that the Chiefs wanted to put a lot of things on tape for Buffalo to consider.  Highlighting McKinnon's speed and sending Pringle and Hardman out on patterns.  That Kelce TD pass has to scare the beejeebees out of the Bills.  How the heck do you defend against that creativity?  Think you seen it before, that quick little shovel pass to Kelce?  First run it early with ?McKinnon? to show it.  Run it a second time but this time with Kelce.  The Steelers jumped it only to find that Kelce hops up and throws it.  Brilliant play call.  Something else I think I noticed.  The big man TD was thrown to the right.  I'm not sure about this, but I don't think I have ever seen one thrown to the right by a right handed QB.  Feels like 100% of them are center cut or thrown to the natural throwing motion of the QB, to the left.  Lastly, the Mahommes run of 25 yards.  They wanted Buffalo to know that was there for the taking too. 

Buffalo also wanted to show KC some stuff.  The Big man TD.  Allen taking the underneath stuff and then delivering the long ball.  Singletary pounding the rock.  The Allen designed runs. Reminding the Chiefs what weapons Knox and Davis are.  While trick plays were not required against the Patriots, you have to believe Daboll won't hold back in this game.  I don't recall too many Bills games where Allen pitched the ball on an RPO, but that was shown too. 

This has all the earmarks of a great game.  Neither team has the upper hand motivation-wise.  Vegas thinks it will be close.

20 minutes ago, Steptide said:

Just don't wear the white on blue uniforms 

They were all white in week 5, that's my guess.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 3

I think the season long rankings are a little skewed, because the Chiefs started so slow.  So as I see it, we’re mirror images on offense.  Both teams have a dynamic, game changing QB that can make plays in every way.  And both teams have the offensive play makers to scare any team.  

I do think the Bills have the slight edge on defense.  Our guys are more disciplined and just all around solid.  But it’s certainly not enough to shut the Chiefs completely down.  

So in the end, I think this game is going to come down to the coaching staffs and the in-game adjustments.  Add to it which team just wants it more.  And I think that will determine the winner.  

Let’s  just hope the Refs call an even game because I’d hate that to be the headline on here next Monday. 

• Like (+1) 3
  • Agree 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Dan said:

I think the season long rankings are a little skewed, because the Chiefs started so slow.  So as I see it, we’re mirror images on offense.  Both teams have a dynamic, game changing QB that can make plays in every way.  And both teams have the offensive play makers to scare any team.  

I do think the Bills have the slight edge on defense.  Our guys are more disciplined and just all around solid.  But it’s certainly not enough to shut the Chiefs completely down.  

So in the end, I think this game is going to come down to the coaching staffs and the in-game adjustments.  Add to it which team just wants it more.  And I think that will determine the winner.  

Let’s  just hope the Refs call an even game because I’d hate that to be the headline on here next Monday. 

Agreed.  

Both Offenses are elite, and very similar.  

Bills Defense is better, and more of a constant pressure. Constant DL rotation throwing talented bodies at the OL/QB.  Good at every level. They typically don’t make mistakes and are usually stingy on every play. 

KC has more individual game wreckers on the DL and tests the refs willingness to flag physical play in the secondary.  

The only player that can match Josh Allen, when he’s “on” is Patrick Mahomes, and vice-versa.  

OL needs to show they are for real against Jones, Ingram and Clark.  Also, McDermott needs to be working the refs pre, and during the game, if KC gets handsy in the secondary. 

• Like (+1) 6

Going back and watching the highlights of that week 5 game, Mahomes ran all over the place, often in key situations. Leslie Frazier will have his work cut out for him in this one. The offensive line will as well, as this may be the best defensive line we’ll likely see for the rest of the postseason.

• Agree 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.