The Bills are the best team in the NFL

Giuseppe Tognarelli

#1 defense, #5 offense, #4 special teams.

#1 point differential, #2 DVOA.

A slip away from the 1 seed.

Arguably the best player in football in Josh Allen (to quote Chris Simms).

All kinds of random metrics showing that the only other teams to do what the Bills have done have all made it to or won the Super Bowl.

This is the best team in the NFL. It will probably be a long time before we have a team that ranks this highly across all categories again. I don't want to look back on it as the year we should have won it all.

We need to win the Super Bowl.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 4

Best team doesn't always win and we've lost every close game (one score or less), so I wanna see us be a little more clutch.

With that said, winning streaks build confidence and I'm hoping we can ride the momentum of this current streak deep into the playoffs.

45 minutes ago, Giuseppe Tognarelli said:

All kinds of random metrics showing that the only other teams to do what the Bills have done have all made it to or won the Super Bowl.

This is the best team in the NFL. It will probably be a long time before we have a team that ranks this highly across all categories again. I don't want to look back on it as the year we should have won it all.

12 minutes ago, Over 29 years of fanhood said:

I have no expectations. I have been a fan of this team since the 80s. 

3 games to get to Super bowl

we’ll win with no turnovers and Run the ball- control the clock and Score each and every opportunity! All points matter in the playoffs- No Charger ball - there home watching! Go Bills!!

49 minutes ago, Giuseppe Tognarelli said:

The most dangerous team to the Bills is the Bills. We need to play clean football the next month. If we can manage that and keep mistakes to an absolute minimum we can win the Superbowl. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 3

1 hour ago, Giuseppe Tognarelli said:

very good unit stats, and yet still lost to the worst team in the NFL. Sorry, they’ll need to win a few more this year to convince me. 

1 hour ago, Giuseppe Tognarelli said:

Based on these rankings and relative to other teams in the playoffs, Bills should be the favorites to win  it all. Just as they were at the beginning of the season. 

I am encouraged to see changes on the OL and blocking (Doyle instead of Sweeney) and an emphasis on the run game. This will cover up for days when Allen's passing is a bit off or when the weather doesnt lend itself to an air attack. Ofcourse, they have to execute to their potential. But that is stating the obvious. 

5 minutes ago, Lane Meyer K12 said:

No they are not. What they are is one of a handful of teams in the playoffs. Until they are the last team standing and have won the super bowl this label is invalidated. 

Well duh. 

None of what you stated negates the OP's point - on paper, we are the best overall team

12 minutes ago, JoPoy88 said:

very good unit stats, and yet still lost to the worst team in the NFL. Sorry, they’ll need to win a few more this year to convince me. 

Duh to you too 

• Like (+1) 1

14 minutes ago, JoPoy88 said:

True dat!  They need to win 4 more games this season and then I'll lose all doubt.

• Haha (+1) 1

Can't we just say "yeah, the Bills are the best team" without this "yeah, but" crap? 

Who cares if maybe somebody MIGHT be better than us or if "so and so needs to play better". What's the fun in that loser attitude nonsense? Trust me, you're not any smarter or wiser if you think that way.

We're fans. Enjoy the ride. It's about the journey. We're in the damn playoffs. Let's go!!! 

BILLS ARE THE BEST TEAM IN THE NFL! WOOOOOOO!!! 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Giuseppe Tognarelli said:

& yet lost to Jacksonville and were trounced by a team that was trounced by Jacksonville

Weird season, but there's no room for any more stinkers. 

Bills 31 pats 21

Edited by Beerball

26 minutes ago, ToGoGo said:

Can't we just say "yeah, the Bills are the best team" without this "yeah, but" crap? 

Who cares if maybe somebody MIGHT be better than us or if "so and so needs to play better". What's the fun in that loser attitude nonsense? Trust me, you're not any smarter or wiser if you think that way.

We're fans. Enjoy the ride. It's about the journey. We're in the damn playoffs. Let's go!!! 

BILLS ARE THE BEST TEAM IN THE NFL! WOOOOOOO!!! 

Another pint of the cool aid coming up.

• Dislike 1

2 hours ago, Giuseppe Tognarelli said:

I dunno, people tell me the Bills have "struggled against weak opponents" over the last month, only beating them by 2-3 scores and running the ball down their throats which was supposed to be our weakness.  Maybe we'd be considered good like the other playoff teams if we got blown out by the Lions, Saints, Jaguars...

They are not the best team in the NFL. They are capable of winning the Superbowl if they get hot, but they are not the best team in the NFL.

The best team in the NFL is Green Bay. I think the Bucs and healthy Titans are also a little better than Buffalo.  But they are all so close that the team that gets hot wins it all. The Bills are perfectly capable of being that team. They are also perfectly capable of getting knocked out in the first round if they don't stop the run against the Pats.

1. Green Bay

2. Tampa Bay

3. Tennessee

4. Buffalo

5. Kansas City

• Agree 1

I started a very similar thread a couple days ago. The truth is by the metrics, this team really is the best in the NFL. And the fact that they are 0-5 in one score games just sort of helps to explain even further why they are the best team in the NFL. The bills literally go 2-3 in those games and I don’t think anyone at all is questioning if they are the best team. The fact that the bills went  0–5 in those ones score games has been the biggest anomaly of the season. 

But like I said in my thread, the theme of the season has been finishing. The bills couldn’t finish those five games. Now it is time to flip the script and show that those five games were an anomaly.

Also, the bills are ranked number one in the league in total yardage differential. The bills hold the number one ranking in four out of the six top categories used to rank teams. And they are third and fifth in the other two. The metrics on this team are insane.

• Like (+1) 2

To me, it's clear the Bills CAN win it all. They are that good. But they are not clearly above other top teams. A lost anytime in these next 4 games would be sooooo disappointing, opportunities like this don't come bye easy nor often. But there's serious opposition out there. If Tennessee, KC, GB etc. beat our Bills, it would suck big time. But it wouldn't mean the Bills choked or imploded. It's just one of those hyper competitive years. 

3 hours ago, Giuseppe Tognarelli said:

Stats are great in some ways.  But within these stats, we've had some really bad games and some really good games. I guess my point is that we've had some decent volatility from these "averages". If we were consistently at these metrics, game and game, I'd feel better.

2 hours ago, Lane Meyer K12 said:

No they are not. What they are is one of a handful of teams in the playoffs. Until they are the last team standing and have won the super bowl this label is invalidated. 

#1 in yardage differential as well as #1 in point differential.   Those are very meaningful stats.

But I'll grant you that W-L records are also meaningful stats - the most meaningful of all.   

Still, the Jags loss - or any of our other losses - won't mean nada if we go on a winning streak starting right now.  And we just might be talented enough to do that.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

3 hours ago, HOUSE said:

This thread appears to be bias , you know, like a restaurant review by the owner

"Not sure what the previous person commenting about the smell is talking about. The food is simply spectacular, there are no words to describe it, other than, you should stop by and order an appetizer and a dessert too! Well worth the upcharges for the views."  

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.