The Bills are the best team in the NFL

Giuseppe Tognarelli

4 hours ago, Giuseppe Tognarelli said:

#1 defense, #5 offense, #4 special teams.

#1 point differential, #2 DVOA.

A slip away from the 1 seed.

Arguably the best player in football in Josh Allen (to quote Chris Simms).

All kinds of random metrics showing that the only other teams to do what the Bills have done have all made it to or won the Super Bowl.

This is the best team in the NFL. It will probably be a long time before we have a team that ranks this highly across all categories again. I don't want to look back on it as the year we should have won it all.

We need to win the Super Bowl.

There are definitely a lot of favorable metrics and historical data favoring this team.

But still think it's going to be a very difficult path a championship if the potential seeding holds (NE/KC/TEN), then possibly GB/TB for the title.

I believe the last time this team had comparable metrics was the 1999 team and we all know how that ended quickly in the first playoff game.

6 minutes ago, Sweats said:

Every year the playoffs always come down to a little bit of luck........you feeling lucky, punk?........well are ya?

This is so true. People like to convince themselves the Superbowl is always won by the best team. That isn't how knockout sport works. When it is one and done the best team does not always advance. That isn't to say (at all) that the team who wins the Superbowl isn't always completely deserving. They are. But it doesn't automatically make them the best. 

• Like (+1) 2

5 hours ago, Giuseppe Tognarelli said:

All kinds of random metrics showing that the only other teams to do what the Bills have done have all made it to or won the Super Bowl.

This is the best team in the NFL. It will probably be a long time before we have a team that ranks this highly across all categories again. I don't want to look back on it as the year we should have won it all.

Does #4 special teams include punting?

Haak seems like he wants to kill our field position lately...

5 hours ago, Giuseppe Tognarelli said:

I will add a caveat.  When the Bills bring their B+ and above game we are the best team in league.  Just like Josh is best player in league when you take his best game vs anyone else's.  Unfortunately we are one of the least consistent teams on the league...which is a huge part of being the best. 

Our best game is better than anyone else's.  Then yes we are the best.  But we have to be more consistent to prove it. 

4 hours ago, GunnerBill said:

The most dangerous team to the Bills is the Bills. We need to play clean football the next month. If we can manage that and keep mistakes to an absolute minimum we can win the Superbowl. 

This gives me chills.

It's surreal after growing up in misery, that we can SERIOUSLY make a statement like this about our team.

LET'S ***** GO

On 1/13/2022 at 11:08 AM, hondo in seattle said:

#1 in yardage differential as well as #1 in point differential.   Those are very meaningful stats.

But I'll grant you that W-L records are also meaningful stats - the most meaningful of all.   

Still, the Jags loss - or any of our other losses - won't mean nada if we go on a winning streak starting right now.  And we just might be talented enough to do that.

One down! Three more to go. Go Bills! 

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.