Freezing Out Allen

hondo in seattle

3 minutes ago, dorquemada said:

Now do MacDorkle

Good point.

If New England is pinning any hopes of a victory based on that fiasco of a game in the first matchup they are delusional.  Mac Jones was a joke of a QB, yes we lost and yes we were outcoached, McD isnt going to cower again with J Allen and the weather. 

• Like (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, hondo in seattle said:

This gives Pats fans hope...  

image.thumb.png.25b0d2ed3fb63c6d186cf585f8661057.png

2018 and 2019 have no bearing on who he is today. 

Also precipitation and wind matter as well. 

So really 1 game vs the Falcons in the snow and he had a couple dropped TDs that game too, interceptions off deflections. 

Also,  he was really damn good in the playoffs last year when the temperature was recorded at 34 degrees at kickoff, rather than 32 lol

• Like (+1) 3

Please, no. I'm already consumed with my usual "something will go wrong" illness that usually consumes me before we play Belichick. I thought I was over it but the playoffs have brought on a very vigorous variant.

I keep hearing the announcers shouting "the Bills won the battle but again the Patriots have won the war!" in my sleep, then I wake up screaming

• Haha (+1) 2

Not sure why it gives them hope...earlier game this year we were only one bad Diggs drop away from the win, DESPITE a terrible game across the entire offense. NE only ran the ball because they had no choice, that is what having a noodle arm QB does to your team. Our QB can throw in what we will see weather wise on Saturday night and theirs cannot.  Josh will have yet another W in cold weather as well as stepping on the throat of that crap in NE and closing down their season.

1 hour ago, FilthyBeast said:

Allen has a 3-2 record in games that are 30 degrees or less.

Also only completing 50% of his passes in those contests.

He  is probably going to need to play like he did in NE (or very close to it) for the Bills to win this game.

Why would he have to play close to the best game of his career win this game?  Dude, you make no sense. 

• Agree 2

To be clear, the chart is NOT my creation.  It comes from an article titled, "Should Josh Allen's stats in cold weather give Patriots fans hope?"

www.nbcsports.com/boston/patriots/do-josh-allens-cold-weather-stats-hint-patriots-edge-vs-bills

I think the article asks a fair question.  Josh does seem to struggle in cold weather games.  But it's also true that some of those games were also windy.   You'd have to guess the wind effects Josh more than the cold.   And Saturday isn't supposed to be particularly windy.

But, still, as a passing team wouldn't we all prefer to see sunshine, blue skies, and limp flags?  Or alternatively, a domed roof above our QB's head?  

1 hour ago, RobbRiddick said:

Please, no. I'm already consumed with my usual "something will go wrong" illness that usually consumes me before we play Belichick. I thought I was over it but the playoffs have brought on a very vigorous variant.

I keep hearing the announcers shouting "the Bills won the battle but again the Patriots have won the war!" in my sleep, then I wake up screaming

sorry to laugh but you are a true long time Bills fan. 

• Haha (+1) 1

The Pats are looking for reasons for hope because they're not confident about Saturday.

I talked to a friend who's a die-hard Pats fan.  He's not feeling good at all.  His evaluation:  both teams have good defenses but Buffalo has home-field advantage and, by-far, the better QB.   

Stats are nice and Mac has a good completion percentage - but Allen makes far more game-changing plays.  And he makes those plays with both his arm and his legs.  

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, hondo in seattle said:

Silly stats 

Mac Jones has what? 

3 whole passes?

1 minute ago, hondo in seattle said:

The Pats are looking for reasons for hope because they're not confident about Saturday.

I talked to a friend who's a die-hard Pats fan.  He's not feeling good at all.  His evaluation:  both teams have good defenses but Buffalo has home-field advantage and, by-far, the better QB.   

Stats are nice and Mac has a good completion percentage - but Allen makes far more game-changing plays.  And he makes those plays with both his arm and his legs.  

sounds like a reasonable Pats Fan

(There are a few of them) 

• Agree 1

3 minutes ago, SlimShady'sSpaceForce said:

Silly stats 

Mac Jones has what? 

3 whole passes?

sounds like a reasonable Pats Fan

(There are a few of them) 

No that game was not under 32. McCorkle has never played a game under freezing. Never. 

Blitz the ***** out of him,  hit him early and often.  

• Like (+1) 1

With the new stadium talk and it being open air I don’t get why the pegulas would invest a quarter billion dollars into a player and not build a dome. I have been saying this since last year. When Josh is in warm climates he’s electric. Just look at his games in Miami Dallas and New Orleans. The proof is there. The raiders built what looks like a beautiful domed stadium for 1.8 billion and we get a dumbed down 1.4 open air stadium. Makes no sense to me. Someone is inflating numbers!

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, FilthyBeast said:

Allen has a 3-2 record in games that are 30 degrees or less.

Also only completing 50% of his passes in those contests.

He  is probably going to need to play like he did in NE (or very close to it) for the Bills to win this game.

I think you’ve made it pretty clear you don’t like Allen

2 hours ago, hondo in seattle said:

Here is a more indepth look at those games.

Game                                      QB             Att    Comp     Yds     TDs    INTs    Rushes    Yds    TDs       Tot Yds    Tot TDs    QBR    Rating    Won/Lost    Score
Jets @ Bills 12/9/18                Allen           36       18            206      0           2                9           101      2               307               2            70         44.4              L    
                                                 Darnold     24      16          170      1          1             4          10       0            180             1          71.8      83.7           W          27-23

Bills @ Steelers 12/15/19        Allen         25         13            139       1            1                 7            28        1              167               2            75.7      65.3             W            17-10
                                                 Hodges   38       23          202      1          4              1           4       0            206            1          16.7      43.9            L    

Bills @ Pats*** 12/21/19         Allen         26         13            208       2           0                7            43        0             251              2            83.1      102.7             L    
                                                 Brady      33        26          271       1         0             4           4         0          275            1           90.7    111               W         24-17

Carolina @ Bills 12/19/21       Allen          34         19            210        3           1                 3            24        0            234              3            44.2      91.5              W    31-14
                                                Newton    38        18          156       1          1             15         71        1           227            2          17.3       56.5            L    

Atlanta @ Bills 1/2/22              Allen        26          11            120        0           3               15           81         2             201               2            60.7       17                W    29-15
                                                 Ryan        23        13          197       0         0              2            7        0          204            0          25.4      84.9           L    

Besides the fact that (1) it is a sample size from which no statistically significant information can be drawn,and (2) there is no real context to the numbers, the numbers themselves really don't offer any kind of hope to either side.

The thing about playing in sub-freezing temperatures is that both QBs /teams have to do it.

In the two losses, Allen drove the Bills 50 yards for the go ahead FG against the Jets, only to have the defense give up a game winning TD drive in the last two minutes; and against the Pats*** Allen drove them 60 yards in the last few minutes of the game only to turn it over on downs the NE 9 - coming up short on a game tying TD

Edited by billsfan1959
  • Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.