This is what they are saying in New England Land

DefenseWins

8 minutes ago, Captain Hindsight said:

Mac Jones is not Tom Brady. To even insinuate otherwise is an insult to Brady

The point is they have to move on from Brady. Belicheat has long said that he would take accuracy over arm strength in a QB. For many years their offense has been built on the ability to master the short and intermediate passing game. I agree that Brady is in a class unto himself but Jones may be able to win with Belicheat at the helm.

Also, Belicheat has put together a stout defense. Jones just needs to play relatively error free football. If he doors so the cheats will be at least a .500 team.

2 hours ago, RobbRiddick said:

That's quite generous. I was looking at fin heaven and there are several posters claiming not only that Allen was not elite yesterday but that Tua is a better QB. I swear... they think Tua is a better QB. 

Hopefully their coaches and FO agree for years to come😜

1 hour ago, Niagara Dude said:

I went to the Pats fan site and most fans realize the Bills have a massive edge at the most critical position on the field.  That was the difference in this game because our defence did not do much but Allen and our offence just kept responding even after Pats would score.  You kept thinking this would be the drive our o-line gives up a huge sack and we point when the Pats made it a 5 point game and Allen would come up with a big throw.  Our O-line played their best game of the season and that allowed Allen to make plays that we saw.  If this team can get some better production from their D-LINE over the next two games and into the playoffs then anything is possible because were now at least showing signs of a running game. Nothing huge but at least giving defences something to think about 

They held NE to 288 total yards and Mac Jones completed under 50% of his passes for 145 yards with 2 INTS and a passer rating of 31.2...

I mean...that's something. I guess it's become so normal for the Bills D to hold teams under 300 yards and bad passing games that it's looked at as nothing when they do it...

FYI, that's not normal...teams don't struggle to get 300 yards of offense against most defenses anymore.

• Like (+1) 4
  • Agree 2
  • Thank you (+1) 2

34 minutes ago, Coach Tuesday said:

Expect NE to add a stud receiver or two in the offseason.  Amari Cooper? Devonte Adams?  Could see Beasley taking his insufferable act to NE too.

I’m sure stud WRs will be lining up to catch passes from McCorkle Jones.  NE is a fraud, and the last few games have exposed them.  Their run this season was fool’s gold.  They’d have been better off losing a few more games and tearing the team down for a rebuild.

This division is Buffalo, Miami, NE, NY in that order for the foreseeable future.

• Agree 1

30 minutes ago, Captain Hindsight said:

Why would they go there with that popgun arm at QB?

Money.  NE could offer more and as others stated, they've won so long.  Plus these guys egos will convince themselves that if they go there. Jones will become a star.  Also only so many places to go around that they can go to.  If you're a top WR, would you rather go to a place where you can clearly be the #1 or say to Buffalo where they will still have Diggs, and a QB that passes to many guys.  Think some would want to be the clear #1 guy i.e. OBJ

Recall reading that a number of NE top players are upcoming FA's so they will also need to address that first, so wonder how much money will be available for a top WR.

2 points:

-Some of us have said this before, but it is going to take years....like 3-4 years...of middling-to-good at best Patriot teams for the fan base to even start to not have that 'entitled' sense to them.  Took a while here in Buffalo after the mid 1990's

-No matter how bad the officiating, I really don't like hearing when people use it as a reason/excuse for a loss. Even when it impacts the bills, the first guy that calls in on WGR that brings it up gets me to do the 'here we go again' eye roll in the car 5 seconds into the call. BUT, when Patriots fans do it, It seems just so much worse.   I know on Twitter, Officiating was brought up by a lot of Patriots fans as something that 'screwed them' yesterday.

• Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

I watched the official Pats post game, the one by the guys who get their checks signed by Bob Kraft.  Very old school bunch of balding, white haired newsroom types.

They were very measured in their takes.  Had some gripes about officiating, but acknowledged they were gripes and not relevant to the loss.  "How do we defend Josh Allen for the next ten years, because we haven't figured it out so far" was a theme.  "This is what life is like on a middling football team" was a theme.  Pretty much agreed that it's time for Dont'a Hightower to hang up his cleats. 

To a man they all missed Stephon Gilmore.  Said their defensive scheme falls apart without a true Revis-Island level man cover corner. JC Jackson wants to be that guy, but couldn't stop Diggs.  Said the Bills had the WR depth to spread out the defense, get NEs huge, physical LBs off the field, then feast on DB depth chart.  McKenzie's career day was case and point.  

All in all it was a good watch.  My guess having a room full of commentators from before the "Real Football starts in January, who are we playing in the AFCCG?" generation helped.

Edited by Coffeesforclosers
  • Like (+1) 3
  • Agree 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 4

1 hour ago, george c said:

Allen, being happy with, and taking full advantage of the underneath stuff NE was giving up his was the most telling part of Allens growth into a complete QB this year.  
Give this guy an extra 2 seconds like he had yesterday…yikes…

The OL was the story of the game. Allen was fantastic, yes, but like you said, protect him, now we're talking offense.

• Agree 1

I'm not a guy who checks out other team message boards, but I am taking extra time this morning to soak up the win.  I am off today and I just want to marinate in this feeling for a little bit longer.  That lead me to this quote in the Pats forum:

Hot take - I think Mac is playing injured. Some of those throws were so wildly off today. Reminded me of Brady in late 2018. I’m hesitant to say that Indy exposed us just yet. Mac was facing a lot of Cover-1 robber today without Agholor. Stacked boxes, bump and run, tight windows. He couldn’t make it happen. But he’s beat that before. His mechanics are regressing as well. Too much torque getting generated from his upper body, which typically tells you something is up with his legs/ankles.

Think for a moment what makes this quote so sweet.  I don't believe very many people actually think Mac is injured in any real way.  I certainly didn't see anything to lead to that conclusion.  They are grasping for hopeful explanations on why some of his throws looked so bad...

• Like (+1) 3
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 2

I am like you and never go to opponent’s board. I did yesterday evening and my general sense is the board so reminds me of TBD during the 20 year drought. 
If the defense could of stopped them once

We have to have turnovers and play perfect to have a chance to win

if Jackson hadn’t dropped the pick

We need to give Mac an off season to build his NFL body and strength

the refs suck

oh it is so sweet!!!

Edited by Heathcliff
  • Like (+1) 3
  • Haha (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, Long Suffering Fan said:

I'm not a guy who checks out other team message boards, but I am taking extra time this morning to soak up the win.  I am off today and I just want to marinate in this feeling for a little bit longer.  That lead me to this quote in the Pats forum:

Think for a moment what makes this quote so sweet.  I don't believe very many people actually think Mac is injured in any real way.  I certainly didn't see anything to lead to that conclusion.  They are grasping for hopeful explanations on why some of his throws looked so bad...

the one thing I will say is that I was surprised that Mac was wearing these bionic metal Knee braces. He looked like part robot. 

7 minutes ago, billybrew1 said:

The OL was the story of the game. Allen was fantastic, yes, but like you said, protect him, now we're talking offense.

Let's give Daboll some credit.  Allen threw for 220yards and 2 TDs by throwing at NE's best corner, and by throwing to his #5 choice at WR 12 times.  Our #1 guy beat their #1 guy, they took away guys 2-4 like they wanted to, and out #5 guy roasted their #5 guy because they didn't have anybody left.

24 minutes ago, Big Turk said:

They held NE to 288 total yards and Mac Jones completed under 50% of his passes for 145 yards with 2 INTS and a passer rating of 31.2...

I mean...that's something. I guess it's become so normal for the Bills D to hold teams under 300 yards and bad passing games that it's looked at as nothing when they do it...

FYI, that's not normal...teams don't struggle to get 300 yards of offense against most defenses anymore.

I don't agree,  this game is a blowout if our defence got stops and every time we scored they would let the Pats roll down the field to score.  The defence was average at best and no question the offence carried us to victory.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

well...i suppose you do hear about rookie burnout towards the end of their first pro season.  the season is longer than it is in college, and the body has trouble keeping up.  maybe his arm is getting a bit worn out, and there isn't wiggle room there to begin with.  even better for the bills if they meet again in the playoffs.  

• Haha (+1) 1

21 minutes ago, Long Suffering Fan said:

I’m sure Pats fans have felt that he is the second coming of Brady. Oh, how I hope they suffer for a long, long time through poor to mediocre QB play.

• Like (+1) 5
  • Agree 3

6 minutes ago, Jerome007 said:

My take is that it was obvious who was the better team. Current Bills win out 7 of 10 times against current Cheats. 

Yep.  If Josh's receivers had helped him at all during the wind game, the narrative would be that he was playing MVP ball and not that Belichick was a genius for refusing to throw.  We'd also be looking at 2 consecutive seasons without a division loss.

• Like (+1) 3

I see a LOT of drought-era Bills fan in some of the current sentiments from Patriots fans.  Just hyping players well beyond their talent or potential, with mostly illogical hope.

I mean, I remember talking about Todd Collins the way they talk about Jones.  You just want to believe, especially if you're used to winning.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

I mean after all there was an ESPN analyst (forget his name) that called Jones “The Baby Goat”. So it has to be something. He just cannot have the ceiling of a AVG at best QB. 

Just now, Coach Tuesday said:

He may be right though.  Neither Jones nor Judon looked right yesterday.  Jones isn't great but he was having trouble with 6-yard passes which has been his ace - he might well be hurt.  And Judon was getting pulled to the sideline more than usual.

Are either on the INJ report?  If not then they are not hurt. Or BB not reporting which is against rules. 

2 hours ago, RobbRiddick said:

That's quite generous. I was looking at fin heaven and there are several posters claiming not only that Allen was not elite yesterday but that Tua is a better QB. I swear... they think Tua is a better QB. 

Finheaven is great for laughs. Really got to bite my tongue when reading their nonsense. Here we are talking about Allen being in the running for MVP two years running now and they are over there  like "See this is the real Allen. His 2020 MVP runner up year was a fluke." Apparently not realizing Allen is once again on track to be runner up MVP again in 2021.

The funniest thing is they think Tua is a god because he can complete 80% of his passes every other game. Apparently Allen completing 65% of his passes is trash.

14 minutes ago, teef said:

well...i suppose you do hear about rookie burnout towards the end of their first pro season.  the season is longer than it is in college, and the body has trouble keeping up.  maybe his arm is getting a bit worn out, and there isn't wiggle room there to begin with.  even better for the bills if they meet again in the playoffs.  

He needed a whole ice cube for his arm after that 3 pass performance 2 weeks ago.

3 minutes ago, Coach Tuesday said:

He may be right though.  Neither Jones nor Judon looked right yesterday.  Jones isn't great but he was having trouble with 6-yard passes which has been his ace - he might well be hurt.  And Judon was getting pulled to the sideline more than usual.

He might well just suck too, which is the side I'm leaning too.

• Agree 1
  • Haha (+1) 5
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

Maybe.

On his last throw of the game he heaved everything he could muster from his 45 and it barely got to the Buffalo 5. That's pretty bad by NFL QB standards  if your best power throw can only go 50 yards. 

Or maybe I'm just spoiled with our Mutant Cyborg Terminator QB😂

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, billsbackto81 said:

Maybe.

On his last throw of the game he heaved everything he could muster from his 45 and it barely got to the Buffalo 5. That's pretty bad by NFL QB standards  if your best power throw can only go 50 yards. 

Or maybe I'm just spoiled with our Mutant Cyborg Terminator QB😂

Eq_FnEVUUAAQ3sw.jpg

• Like (+1) 8
  • Haha (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 2

1 hour ago, Doc said:

I disagree that the defense didn’t do much. They held the Cheaters to 7 points through the first 43 minutes of the game. 

Agreed and held them to 1 for 10 on third down and a paltry passing percentage and total yards. Not sure what folks are looking for.

1 hour ago, ROCBillsBeliever said:

Schopp is unlistenable... I don't care about your stinkin' fantasy league... This is Bills talk. I just don't understand why WHR doesn't can him. 

Him talking about his 27 fantasy teams during a Buffalo sports talk show drives me fkn nuts. I rarely listen anymore. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 2

2 hours ago, BearNorth said:

NE dropped at least two INT's that in other years, would have probably been caught. Levi had a drop that would have prevented a TD later in the drive.

Agreed.  Josh Allen played a great game yesterday, but he was not perfect.  But then Tom Brady on the best game of his career was not perfect, even if the stat sheet might look that way.  Nobody is perfect.

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.