10/10/21 Gameday Lightning Strike Delay thread

Chandler#81

1 minute ago, davefan66 said:

That’s what the official NFL call is.

I’d say at least an hour.

They said 11pm at the earliest. That's 10 minutes from now. Unless the teams are already on the field warming back up that's not a realistic timeline.  They are going to keep bumping this in small increments. If they come out and tell America it won't restart until midnight Eastern, if it restarts at all, a while bunch of TVs will click off.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

1 minute ago, co_springs_billsfan said:

I don't think the second time is possible

Roy Cleveland Sullivan (February 7, 1912 – September 28, 1983) was a United States park ranger in Shenandoah National Park in Virginia. Between 1942 and 1977, Sullivan was hit by lightning on seven occasions and survived all of them. For this reason, he gained the nicknames "Human Lightning Conductor" and "Human Lightning Rod". Sullivan is recognized by Guinness World Records as the person struck by lightning more recorded times than any other human being.

1 minute ago, LeGOATski said:

If they have to wait 30 mins beyond the most recent strike, then they may not finish this game. It's clearing up, but it looks like there's more coming on radar...

That's usually the standard. 30 minutes since the last strike within the defined radius. I've seen different radii. 10 miles is the smartest one, but people push it.

4 minutes ago, sullim4 said:

Football on the west coast is the best ever.  Games start at 10am and go until 8:30pm.

Those 1pm ET games end at 1pm, so you have your entire afternoon ahead of you.  It's the best time zone for football, bar none.

Started at 630 today with the London game, but yeah, 10am starts are great.

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, That's No Moon said:

That's usually the standard. 30 minutes since the last strike within the defined radius. I've seen different radii. 10 miles is the smartest one, but people push it.

I assume they're definitely pushing it for NFL games. The article someone else posted says 6 miles. 

Just now, beerme1 said:

I don't want to play tomorrow. Lets call a Bills win by default and move on. See you in OP in January for the conference championship game KC.

Don't be ridiculous the Chiefs aren't going to make it to the Championship game

• Haha (+1) 1