10/10/21 Gameday Lightning Strike Delay thread

Chandler#81

1 minute ago, Chandler#81 said:

They have a national audience. They HAVE to do something. 
This is better than Roseanne reruns…

They had Simms and Co. in earlier for the pregame. These guys aren’t even saying anything meaningful about about any other games either. Brees is a dud on TV. Dungy has always been meh. 

• Agree 1

Just now, Simon said:

If they start it as soon as they can, they might have just enough time to complete it before the next rain shiled arrives.

It's probably going to be close.

Is there any precedent / protocol for an abandonment for weather? Like in soccer if they have played 70 mins the result can stand.  

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, UConn James said:

If Eric Moulds’ toe was out of bounds so many years ago, then that one right before the half was out too.

BS that they overturned it when the pixel blur was that bad. That was not conclusive at all.

Second foot was in, but I was more curious if he had full possession when the first foot was down.  I'd call it legit, but in the post 'football-move' era, it looked iffy.  

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, GunnerBill said:

Is there any precedent / protocol for an abandonment for weather? Like in soccer if they have played 70 mins the result can stand.  

Not that I'm aware of.

Weather is typically not much of an issue in the continental US this time of year.